It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Official NFL Playoffs Thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Long live the Cowboys!!!

..Next year!

Can you finally offer a small taken of respect for the cheeseheads this year? All year you criticized them, even though they shared a similar record with the Cowboys, and now they have reached the NFC Championship.. which the Cowboys have not.

..Anything? Just a little? A smidge?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
NFC Championship Game:

Green Bay over New York...Manning the Lesser comes back down to earth in the face of a true NFL God.
the Almighty Bret

AFC Championship Game:

New England over San Diego...The magical season continues. San Diego becomes victim number 18.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Things I learned this weekend.

Tony Romo is morphing into marty schottenheimer.
T.O. needs a box of tissues.
Jerry Jones stare at the end of the game could have melted ice.
Next season Giants fans will not start bashing Eli until week six.
Charges showed a lot of heart in winning without Rivers, L.T., and Gates. Then showed who they really were are by dancing on the Colts home field. How quickly they forget about what they said last year.
Nice classy fans in Indy booing a 12 year old girl. www.youtube.com...
Green Bay should hope for snow again.
And still after losing the Jags still don't think Tom Brady is any good.

If so, you weren't Jaguars rookie safety Reggie Nelson.

"He ain't all that … He's all right," Nelson said.
source

Looking forward for a rematch of Superbowl XXXI. Desmond Howard isn't going to save the Packs butt this time around.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be such a beautiful sight? Green Bay goes on to the Super Bowl to face New England...again, except this time, it's against an undefeated New England team.

Brett Favre, the 38 year old QB, and the youngest team in the NFL, who were projected as one of the ten worst teams coming in to the season, knock off the Patriots, end the undefeated streak, and win the Super Bowl. Favre takes home his second Super Bowl ring - both coming against the same team - and he goes out on top.

How could it get any better?

It would be beautiful. The team no one expected to do anything knocks off the team that no one expected to lose.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Yeah, I'll go along with that, though I'm afraid New England is just too good, and on a roll for the ages. It would be sweet though.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

New England over San Diego...The magical season continues. San Diego becomes victim number 18.

Though you're probably right, I hope like hell that you're wrong. :shk:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by seagull

Though you're probably right, I hope like hell that you're wrong. :shk:

Didn't NE already crush the Bolts this year? 39-10 or something like that?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I pulled some strings, worked some doubles, and collected on a few favors, but I managed to get out of a 16 hour day on Sunday to be able to kick back and enjoy the NFC/AFC championship games. I had a recording set for it, but it's still not the same as watching it live.

Work party tonight where I'm going to work on a minor head ache for tomorrow, that can only be cured by a Packers ticket to the Super Bowl!

Go Packers!

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Enjoy. I've got the oppisite problem. My vacation got cut short. Gotta work tonight. Might watch one of them, but won't be able to watch both. Oh well, DVR is programmed. I'll just stay away from ESPN and other sport reporting, 'til sometime monday morning after I watch both games. Advantage? I can blow through all the time outs and commercials, and the know it all halftime shows.

Go Packers and Chargers.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It is really cold here in WI. It's going to be an interesting contest tomorrow. I hope Ryan Grant and the Pack O line can continue doing what they have been doing, and the Pack D front seven can stop Jacobs and whoever the other guy is, because not much is going to be accomplished through the air.

Low scoring game I think.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Game time temperature: 0

Wind Chill: -14

WOW!

There comes a point where it just becomes crazy. I know, they make millions of dollars to play a game and all that, but that's just insane.

I couldn't do that.

I can't imagine what the players in the Ice Bowl felt

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

The colder, the better.

I know that New York isn't exactly Southern California, but Eli hasn't been weather tested in the playoffs yet. They've won two huge road games, that is impressive. But they won in Tampa Bay and they won in Dallas. The weather, and the fact it is in Lambeau.. oh baby!

Regardless the outcome, this is a good day for some football!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Bolts vs Pats

In Foxboro, it's 20 degrees with windchill of 8 degrees. Wind out of the north at 13, with gusts to 30mph. It is cold....

Kickoff in about 25 minutes. Let's get it on!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
At 11:00 am in Green Bay it was -4 degrees with -26 wind chill. 18 MPH wind. Supposed to be about 0 with calmer winds for the game. Not toasty.

The Pack needs to stop Jacobs on D. I like Eli to fumble and throw at least one pick. Did I mention I like Eli to fumble and throw at least one pick?

On offense, I'll take Tauscher over Strahan, and Clifton over the guy with the funny name. They need to slow down Tuck and the middle blitzes from the Giants line backers.

Grant for 140 plus and a TD. Favre throws two TD's.

Go Packers.

Go Chargers.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Tomlinson is hurt, Rivers has been less than impressive.. and it's not looking good at the moment. Chargers need to score a major when they get in the red zone. Defense is doing an amazing job on stopping Brady though.

New England: 14
San Diego: 6

30 seconds left in the first half.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
18 -0 and going to the SuperBowl!

Gotta hand it to the Chargers defense, tho. They gave NE all they could handle for most of the game.

The Pat's were very tentative for the first half. I think the pressure of this game was the most intense yet. Now they can loosen up for the big game.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
YES.....

go Pats.....

*cries in rememberence of Jaguars....*

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
NE is in the super bowl and now its between GB and NY to see who gets to have their buttox handed to them by NE.

Poor Eli Manning I don't think that dude is ever going to get any respect.

I think his dad just put up a sign in the crowd that says he disowned Eli!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
That's a tough loss for the Packers.

I've been here watching the game screaming, cheering, pounding my fist on the table, and them jumping with my arms in the air each time they shanked a field goal.

Tough one though.

I really thought the colder weather would of benefited the Packers more so than the Giants.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Go Patriots

That's all I got:shk:

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join