It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Official NFL Playoffs Thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

We shall see, my friend, we shall see...

I'm hoping for a great game. As big a Seahawk fan as I am, my world won't end should they lose. Hope they don't, of course...

Supersonics? Phooey... They suck, which has been a not unusual occurance the past few years. Even Portland, grrrr...., is better, whodda thought that before the season, when Odom went down?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Maybe not, maybe so...the game will tell the tale.

Much as it pains me to say this, Manning the lesser is playing much better than wunderkind Romo at the moment...hope he enjoyed his time with Jessica. (Like I wouldn't have gone to Mexico with her, so long as she didn't attempt to sing, or act...
.).

Oh, the heck with it...

The Cowboys are sooooo going down. Manning the lesser will strafe 'em, and Romo will be looking up at the hole in the roof from flat on his back asking himself why he didn't stay in Mexico...after peeling Micheal Strahan off of himself.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
The Cowboys are sooooo going down. Manning the lesser will strafe 'em, and Romo will be looking up at the hole in the roof from flat on his back asking himself why he didn't stay in Mexico...after peeling Micheal Strahan off of himself.

Don't forget Umenyiora. The Giants pass rush is formidable. Will Romo have time to get the ball down the field? I think the Giants are very much in this game.

Edit: To add: I don't think the Hawks have a snow ball's chance in hell. Or would that be a fire ball's chance in Green Bay?

[edit on 11-1-2008 by intrepid]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Either one would seem to apply. However, I think they have a better chance than many of the talking heads seem to think.

No blow out either way...good close game with two teams that are mirror images of each other. I think the outcome is going to come down to Shaun Alexander...if he's got game tommorrow, and he's showing signs of getting healthy...finally...Seahawks could steal one.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

If you seen the offensive linemen protecting Romo, its like he had all the time he needs. The problem is the coverage of the receivers by the defensive team. Everybody knows Romo goes to his favorite target Jason Witten. Without TO, who tends to get double coverage, it makes the other receivers have a harder time getting their hands on the ball. I heard TO seems to be doing ok, but not 100% yet. And Terry Glenn, well we have to see...

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Pats vs Cats

Beautiful day for football in New England. Temps in the low 50's, no wind, sunny. Kickoff time in about 5 hours.

Let's get it on!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
San Diego.....wins..? WHAT? SAN DIEGO WINS?!?!

WOW!

San Diego and New England in the AFC Championship.

Amazing.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOO!!!

You're dismissed. See you next year.

Oh yeah, one thing....

Getcha popcorn ready!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
After all the strutting and pushing after plays, and Romo's little smiles earlier in the game, they didn't look to tough or happy at the end.

Packers-Giants

Should be a good one.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Championship Round

AFC

Sunday January 20th at 3 PM

#3 San Diego Chargers
#1 New England Patriots

NFC

Sunday January 20th at 6:30 PM

#5 New York Giants
#2 Green Bay Packers

----------------------------------------

Patriots and Packers. Those are my picks.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Early lines, FYI:

Date & Time Favorite Line Underdog Total
1/20 3:00 ET At New England -15 San Diego 50
1/20 6:30 ET At Green Bay -7 NY Giants 43.5

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Patriots and Packers. Those are my picks.

That would be a good game: the young upstart against the wily veteran.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Hmm, I was 3 for 4. Who would have thought that the Colts would stink it up like they did?

I told you Giants didn't I?

1/20 3:00 ET At New England -15 San Diego 50
1/20 6:30 ET At Green Bay -7 NY Giants 43.5

NE with the points.
GB, Giants cover.

Another thing. I only saw the first half but doesn't Seau look like he's in his prime again?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

What a beautiful, beautiful game!

Hey Romo, how was Mexico? Give Simpson our regards bud.

Looking forward to next week.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Problem is, Dallas isn't going to lose to New York.
:shk:

You refering to the Mavs and the Knicks???

Sorry couldn't resist.....

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Good god I am so freaking happy that the cowboys lost to the NY Giants last night. I seriously thought my roommate was going to start stalking Tony Romo
Now I can finally stop hearing about how the Cowboys are "God's Team" and let this thing play out.

My prediction New England and Green Bay in the Superbowl New England trumping green bay by 10 points.

I am not taking any bets though. :shk:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I love upsets in the NFL. I usually go for the underdog and will be rooting for San Diego on the AFC side but still not sure about the NFC. I kinda like both Green Bay and NY and even though NY is the underdog, the old veteran in Green Bay has done amazing things and I wouldn't mind seeing them in the Super Bowl.

Just say no to NE!

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

Couldn't believe it. But have to accept it.

Too many dropped passes, missed opportunities, too many penalties, Special teams allowing Giants good field position. Cowboys need to remedy this situation.

However its not the end of the world. I've waited for 12 years for Cowboys to win the playoffs, I can wait another year.

Remember the Cowboys lost the playoffs back in 91 before getting better to win the Superbowls in the early 90s. This is just the beginning...

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
If I were Tony Romo, I'd head back to Mexico with Jessica.

Gorgeous blonde, warm sunshine, how better to drown your sorrows?

He wasn't alone in falling off...others are just as much to blame.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by radiodjguy
Now I can finally stop hearing about how the Cowboys are "God's Team" and let this thing play out.

They are, that's why there's a hole in the roof. So God can watch them play. Long live the Cowboys!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join