It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Official NFL Playoffs Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
[
The talent is there. The execution is the hit or miss part, at least this season. If they can't get it up for the playoffs, they deserve to lose...but I'll be cheering them on.

That's about how I feel about Dallas. To be honest, they haven't played worth a # for the last three weeks.. If Dallas can't motivate themselves for the playoffs, then they shouldn't even be there. We'll see.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I thought Dallas had to play the winner of Seattle-Washington game?

Nope. #1 plays the lowest to advance. #2 plays the other to advance.

It's actually not possible for Dallas to play Seattle in the second round.

So Dallas will be playing Tampa, New York, or Washington.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Oh.

Hmm...does that mean I get to redo all my picks.

Cool.

So Seattle having beaten, nay humiliated, Washington, proceeds to travel to the frozen tundra that is Lambeau Field, and in an upset for the ages (gotta practise my hypebole) defeats Green Bay inspite of a heroic, yet futile, effort by Bret Farve.

Tampa Bay having beaten New York by virtue of that Manning just showing up...travels to Dallas, where they hang a defeat on the Romo handicapped Cowboys ("oh was I supposed to hold on to the ball?").

Thus the stage is set for a most unlikely matchup in the NFC Championship. The Seattle Seahawk versus the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. A rematch of a week one stomping, I mean game, in which Seattle humbled the Bucs.
The more things change the more they stay the same...Seattle lays a whoopin' on the Florida boys and makes it back to their second superbowl in 3 years, where they meet the Indianapolis Colts lead by the greatest Manning ever to strap on a helmet in the NFL.
In a slugfest dominated by the quarterbacks, both throw for over 400 yards. A revitalized Shaun Alexander makes the key play, a 25 yard burst up the middle on a delayed handoff late in the fourth quarter for the decisive touchdown...final score 42-38. Superbowl MVP is Matt Hasselbach.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The Seattle Seahawk versus the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

I'd be disappointed in the NFL if they let that happen.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Tampa Bay having beaten New York by virtue of that Manning just showing up...travels to Dallas, where they hang a defeat on the Romo handicapped Cowboys ("oh was I supposed to hold on to the ball?").

What's up with the hating on the COWBOYS. Do I smell envy? Sniff,sniff... Yeah, that's what it is. Envy.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Envy? Naaah, what you smell is seethin' hatred, my good man. Nothin' but seethin' hatred.

Never liked 'em, never will...eeewww. Yuck, yuck, and more yuckin'. Have I made my point clear? LOL....

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Ooooh, are you implying that the games are rigged? On a comspiracy web site? What a concept...

'Course given some of the reffing i've seen this year, it wouldn't be all that terribly surprising...now that you mention it.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Yeah there are several teams in the NFL I feel that way about as well..

San Francisco Forty-Niners

Denver Broncos

St. Louis Rams :shk:

There are several more, but those ar ethe big three that I despise..

GO COWBOYS!!! YEEEEE-HAWWWW

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I can honestly say there are no teams in the NFL I hate. But there are individuals in the NFL for whom I have a serious dislike.

At the top of the heap has to be Jerry Jones. I never liked Barry Switzer, ever, and I've never been particularly fond of Jimmy Johnson. But I've always liked Big Tuna, and I have to like Romo. An undrafted free agent out of nowhere from a small school who's come up big.

So IF the Cowboys win it all, it'll chafe me that it makes Jerry Jones happy, but there are some guys on the team I'd just have to feel good for.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I can honestly say there are 30 teams in the NFL that I hate. Some more than others.

Top three:

Chicago Bears

Minnesota Vikings

Dallas Cowboys

The Cowboys used to not even be on my radar. I didn't like them, but I didn't have extreme hate for them.

This year has changed that.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Wild Card Round
San Diego over Tennessee
Jacksonville over Pittsburgh
Washington over Seattle
Tampa Bay over New York

Divisional Round

New England over Jacksonville
Indianapolis over San Diego
Washington over Dallas
Green Bay over Tampa Bay

Championship Round

New England over Indianapolis
Green Bay over Washington

Super Bowl
New England over G B

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
First round winners:

Seattle, Tampa, San Diego, Jacksonville

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

WK 1:

Seattle 27 Washington 24

NYG 27 Tampa 16

Jacksonville 24 Pittsburgh 21

San Diego 20 Tennessee 17

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I honestly don't think the Giants have much of a chance in Tampa. After last week's game against the Pats, they will be a letdown. Manning had arguably a career game last week, and he won't be able to repeat.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

If he's only half as good as last week should be enough. The defense will stifle the Bucs.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Washington: 14
Seattle: 35
FINAL

Jacksonville: 31
Pittsburgh: 29
FINAL

Seattle at Green Bay next week. Dun, dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.......

"We want the ball, and we're gonna score"

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   

So he said it a few years too early. You are sooooo going down...

Right towards the end of the game, I almost felt sorry for the 'skins...to play so well, and play so hard...to get blown out late like that. That had to be tough...

Sooooo...Novus. See ya next week.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

Seattle at Green Bay next week. Dun, dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.......

Just what I did NOT want to see. Hopefully we have Seattle's number. Even if we beat them by 1 point I'll be happy.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Cowboys versus Giants. Its official.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The Steelers Jag game was the best one so far, although SD and TENN is looking interesting. Should be some great games next weekend, watch out for the Jags and Giants!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join