It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Official NFL Playoffs Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
AFC

BYE WEEKS
New England Patriots
Indianapolis Colts

WILD CARD ROUND

Saturday January 5th at 8 PM

#6 Tennessee Titans
#3 San Diego Chargers

Sunday January 6th at 4:30 PM

#5 Jacksonville Jaguars
#4 Pittsburgh Steelers

NFC

BYE WEEKS
Dallas Cowboys
Green Bay Packers

WILD CARD ROUND

Saturday January 5th at 4:30 PM

#6 Washington Redskins
#3 Seattle Seahawks

Sunday January 6th at 1 PM

#5 New York Giants
#4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

-----------------------------------------------------

Commentary, predictions, trash talk - what ever. Post it here.

My Prediction

Wild Card Round
San Diego over Tennessee
Jacksonville over Pittsburgh
Washington over Seattle
New York over Tampa Bay

Divisional Round (assuming the above are correct)
New England over Jacksonville
Indianapolis over San Diego
Dallas over Washington
Green Bay over New York

Championship Round (assuming the above are correct)
New England over Indianapolis
Green Bay over Dallas

Super Bowl (assuming the above are correct)
Green Bay over New England

Yeah. Blah blah blah, bias blah blah blah.

[edit on 12/30/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Congrats, to the New England Patriots on winning the Superbowl!

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Wild Card Round

San Diego over Tennessee

Pittsburgh over Jacksonville

Seattle over Washington

New York over Tampa Bay

Divisional

New England over Pittsburgh
Indianapolis over Sann Diego
Dallas over Seattle
Green Bay over New York

Championship

Dallas over Green Bay

Super Bowl

I am going to place who I want to win rather than who I really think will win.

Dallas over New England

Yeah, I know, I'm delusional and biased.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Okay bash me, but I'm going way out on a limb here and say the Pats don't win the Super Bowl. In fact, I don't even think they'll make the Super Bowl.

Yes they went undefeated. Like everyone else, they played everyone in their division twice but it's a soft division this year. I mean 6 victories against Miami, Buffalo and the Jets. Then two more against Cincinnati & Cleveland. Baltimore had 'em beaten and let them up off the mat. The Colts abused them for 3 quarters and if not for Vinatieri missing a FG for the first time in the Dome, could've been very different. I know, woulda coulda shoulda.

The Eagles could've beaten them and so could the Giants. The Colts played a much more difficult schedule [beating everyone in the division including Jacksonville twice and the Titans when it counted], and could have just as easily been 15-0 going into the final game. Vinatieri missed a couple chip shots in San Diego that would've made the difference in that loss.

Yes, New England's a very good team. But I don't think they're as dominant as some of those 49er teams with Montana.

They may win it all, but I'm not ready to concede anything. I think they'll stumble.

My prediction [and yes I'm a homer] Colts over the Packers in the Super Bowl.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I agree. Based on strength of schedule, I think the Colts may just be better than the Patriots.

The Colts lost to San Diego by two points, and New England by four points, with NO Marvin Harrison. Peyton Manning is good enough to make any receiver look good, but Marvin Harrison is a key part of that offense. You go from having to double team both him and Reggie Wayne to just double teaming Reggie Wayne.

The third loss to Tennessee was nothing. Meaningless game. I think we can all agree Peyton Manning would have been the difference and could have made up that 6 points that Tennessee won by.

So the Colts could have easily been undefeated. I realize the Patriots WERE undefeated, but look at their schedule:

Buffalo x2
New York Jets x2
Miami x2
Cincinnati
Baltimore

That's half their schedule right there. Then there's some questionable ones based on how they were doing at the time such as Washington, San Diego, and Philadelphia.

The toughest teams New England played were Pittsburgh, Dallas, and Indianapolis. Beyond that...questionable at best.

Indianapolis, though, is in probably the toughest division in football. Jacksonville is a good team and in the playoffs. Tennessee is in the playoffs. It's easy to forget Houston, but they finished 8-8 and had the most players on IR in the league. No game in that division should be taken for granted. It's definitely better than New England's.

Indianapolis played teams like Atlanta, Oakland, Kansas City, and Baltimore, but looking at both schedules, it appears Indianapolis had the tougher schedule.

The only reason I picked New England over Indianapolis in the conference game is because it'll be in New England in January. New England is beatable, but I think the weather will interfere more with Indianapolis.

Having said that, though, I think the Colts are the better team.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Colts might have Harrison back for the playoffs. He was a game time decision last night. My belief is that he's ok at this point, but they haven't wanted to risk further injury. Freeney being out hurts big-time, especially against New England. The best shot to beat New England is to put Brady on his butt, and Freeney was the Colts' best pass rusher.

I think we can beat New England, if it comes to that, but I'd feel better about it if Freeney was in there.

But this playoff season is shaping up to be very interesting and I can't wait.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Wild Card Round
-----------------------
San Diego over Tennessee

Pittsburgh over Jacksonville

Washington over Seattle

New York over Tampa Bay

Divisional
---------------

Pittsburgh over New England

Washington over Dallas

Green Bay over New York

Championship
---------------------
Green Bay over Washington

Pittsburg over Indianapolis

Super Bowl
-----------------
Green Bay Packers
over
Pittsburg Steelers

Go Packers!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
My Prediction

Wild Card Round
San Diego over Tennessee
Washington over Seattle
New York over Tampa Bay

Divisional Round (assuming the above are correct)
Dallas over Washington
Green Bay over New York

Championship Round (assuming the above are correct)
Green Bay over Dallas

Super Bowl (assuming the above are correct)
Green Bay over New England

Imo you had it all right up until the Superbowl. Pats over the Pack.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
ESPNreporter: PEYTON congratulations on your team 2nd straight SUPERBOWL victory, can you describe for us what if feels like to you?

PEYTON MANNING: I mean its pretty unbelievable, after the ups and down that we had all season, all the injuries, and finally everything coming together for us at the right time for the playoffs, it feels pretty special.

ESPNreporter: PEYTON, what can you say about the performance of SUPERBOWL MVP MARVIN HARRISON?

PEYTON MANNING: OH GOD! Marvin......Marvin is a heck of a player, he was making plays all game for us......im just glad that he was able to stay healthy throughout the playoffs because everybody knows that we are a different team when he is out there for us, he's such a big part of this team and this franchise.... if anyone had any doubts how big is Marvin for us I think those doubts should be clear by now.

ESPNreporter: One last question Peyton before we let you go.... what do you have to say to the people that are already commenting about whoever win this SUPERBOWL it would be kind of watered down because you didnt had to face the NE Patriots?

PEYTON MANNING: You know......I dont comment on that....thats for the media to talk and say what they want......the fact is that we beat an oustanding Jacksonville team a division rival in the NFC Champioship game, we won against a San Diego Chargers team in a game that is going to be remember for years to come.... and to come here a come up with a victory against a team like the Green Bay Packers, a franchise that I have so much admiration, its pretty remarkable in my opinion and Im just going to sit back, relax and enjoy this win.

ESPNreporter: Thankyou PAYTON a congratultions on your SUPERBOWL victory..(PEYTON bows his head in acknowledgement and walks off).......................PEYTON MANNING AND THE COLTS win their 2ND SUPERBOWL in that many years becoming only 7th team in NFL history to accomplish that feat, for more coverage about the COLTS and their victory lets send it back to Boomer and the guys in the studio.....

DA DA DA!!!! DA DA DA!!!

[edit on 1-1-2008 by Bunch]

[edit on 1-1-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Boomer: Now lets send it to [insert ESPNreporter name] who is with Brett Favre in the Packers locker room

ESPNreporter: Brett outstanding game obviously not the outcome that you would have wanted but what can you tell us about the game and your team season?

BRETT FAVRE: We play an outstanding game, our guys left their hearts and sould in the field and that al l you can ask for short of a win, my hat off to the Colts, to Peyton and Tony for their win... this was a remarkable season for us all throughout we play some tough team in the playoffs we were able to win those but not this one....

ESPNreporter: Do you feel that this team would have had a better chance to win this game if you hadnt had so many injuries in the earlier games against the Giants and Redskins?

BRETT FAVRE: Well obviously you want to have your best talent especially when you go against a team of the caliber of the Colts, but hey thats football, guys go down others have to step up and they did, they did an outstanding job tonight we just lost to an great team.

ESPNrepoter: Brett I cant let you go without asking this final question, are you coming back for next season?

BRETT FAVRE: I dont know..I dont know, is too early to be commenting on that, all I can say is that out of respect for the franchise Im not going to take long in making my decision, we have a loy of talent in this organization and I know that there is personnel moves that this organization have to make so I would let them know we good anticipation about my plans.

ESPNreporter: Brett thanks for your time

BRETT: Thank you(walks off)

ESPNreporter: Brett Favre from the GB Packers............BOOMER

DA DA DA!! DA DA DA!!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Wild Card Round
San Diego over Tennessee
Seattle over Washington
Tampa Bay over New York

Divisional Round
Dallas over Seattle
Green Bay over Tampa Bay

Championship Round
Dallas over Green Bay

Super Bowl
New England over Dallas

There are a couple of games that I am really undecided about. Jack/Pit, With Parker out, I don't like Pittsburgh's chances. Davenport is good I am just not sure he'll make a difference. If Parker was healthy, I'd pick Pit.

All of New England's games are going to be decided by the weather, imo. If it snowing then NE wins. If the weather isn't that bad, either Jacksonville or Indy can beat the Pats, especially Indy.

I think Dallas/Green Bay is going to be a close game with the weather playing apart. Lambeau can be nasty in January.

In the Super bowl, if it ends up this way, Brady's experience beats Romo's in the mistake department, leading to the win.

I would actually like to see an Indy/Green Bay final. If it is a calm day in Boston and a snowy day in Green Bay, it may just end up that way.

Or maybe I have had to much :w: over the holidays and I'm delusional.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

reply to post by yeahright

I agree. Based on strength of schedule, I think the Colts may just be better than the Patriots.

The Patriots have beaten the 2#, 3#, and 4th seeds in the AFC, and 1st, 5#, and 6ths seeds in the NFC. They also beat a 10-6 Browns team.

They don''t make the schedule they just play the games on it.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'll post some predictions later, but I'm making it clear now that I genuinely believe that Jacksonville has the best chance at beating the Patriots. They are a warm weather team that has proven they can play in cold weather. They waltz into Pittsburgh and stick it to them in miserable conditions. With such a strong run game, I think their a good match to go against the almighty Patriots.

With all the hype that will surround another Colts/Pats match up, I don't see Indy coming out on the winning end. So I feel that if anyone is going to beat them, it's the Jags.

If they win, they're heroes. If they lose, it doesn't matter because they shouldn't have won anyways.

Patriots are going to be feeling the pressure. As they closed in on the perfect record, their on field play seemed to falter. Teams that aren't as good as them were continuously giving them a run for their money. Are we to suddenly ignore that shoddy play now that they are in the playoffs against stronger teams?

If they win, I'll tip my hat. But they are hardly a lock for this year's Super Bowl.

And on another note,

GO PACKERS!

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
GAOTU, honestly, you probably have the best picks..

While I want Dallas to beat New England in the Super Bowl, I'm not certain that anyone can. To those who think Green bay is going, all I can say is
:shk:

DA BOYS ARE BACK. SO STAND BACK. GO COWBOYS

[edit on 2-1-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Playoff prognostications...fun, fun, fun.

N.F.C. Wildcard.

Seattle over Washington (like I'd predict anything else?)
Tampa Bay over New York (this Manning ain't that Manning, ok?)

A.F.C. Wildcard.

Tennesee over San Diego (upset of the weekend)
Jacksonville over Pittsburgh (Rothlesberger shows why he's overrated)

N.F.C. Divisional.

Seattle over Dallas (deja vu, anyone?)
Tampa Bay over Green Bay (who says a Florida team can't win in the snow?)

A.F.C. Divisional.

Jacksonville over New England (pound that old linebacking corpse, then pound it some more.)
Indianapolis over Tennessee (this Manning isn't that Manning.)

N.F.C. Championship (in Seattle, whoo-hooooooo).

Seattle over Tampa Bay (whole lot of deja vu, goin' on here 'bouts.)

A.F.C. Championship.

Indianapolis over Jacksonville (too much of the really good Manning.)

Superbowl.

Indianapolis over Seattle (damn it all to heck, any way.)
*I must have bumped my head*
Seattle over Indianapolis (yeah, that's better...)

[edit on 2-1-2008 by seagull]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
Divisional Round
Dallas over Seattle
Green Bay over Tampa Bay

[...]

I think Dallas/Green Bay is going to be a close game with the weather playing apart. Lambeau can be nasty in January.

Actually, if Seattle advances, they and Green Bay would play, and Dallas would play Tampa Bay, because Dallas got the number one seed, and Tampa would be the lowest seed to advance.

And also, unfortunately Lambeau's conditions in January aren't going to come in to play because they'll be in Dallas if both meet up in the Championship Round.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Seagull, you really went all out didn't you... Maybe you should contact Shirley McClaine and tell her you have a book idea that can be titled Out On A Limb, the sequel

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Actually, if Seattle advances, they and Green Bay would play, and Dallas would play Tampa Bay, because Dallas got the number one seed, and Tampa would be the lowest seed to advance.

I thought Dallas had to play the winner of Seattle-Washington game?Well, maybe not if Tampa beats New York, which I doubt.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

What can I say, I'm a homer...just hope the refs let 'em play...

Prick me, and I bleed blue and green. Squeeze me and I squack "go Hawks".

The talent is there. The execution is the hit or miss part, at least this season. If they can't get it up for the playoffs, they deserve to lose...but I'll be cheering them on.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

I knew I was making mistakes last night, it was late so I didn't put to much thought into it. I just copy and pasted the games and made my picks based on that. Thanks for pointing that out for me.

(note to self: turn brain on before posting )

[edit on 2-1-2008 by GAOTU789]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join