It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People that just can't mind their own business!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Don't you get tired of how people do not know how to mind their own business? I get sick of it. I work with alot of people, so there is always someone saying this/that/this person, is saying doing this behind your back, blah, blah, blah! STFU NOW! Why do they do that?

I think either they are jealous, looking for some kind of attention, or trying to befriend you in ways, or just to piss you off. I do not talk to people like this anymore! Why do they do it? I still haven't figured that out. When you tell them something, they hear exactly what you say, and know what you say, but they go around telling everyone else something totally different! Why?

Do they not know that I do not care? I don't give a damn if you don't like me or talk about me behind my back, or tell my business! So why bother?

Do these people not realize that by keeping their mouth shut, they will not be bothered, and no one will be angry with them?

Do they realize that if they tell one person, that you said something about them, that may not be so bad, that the person they told will be angry, and they will come to, because it got switched around, or you may have been joking.

They will be pissed, they come to you making you pissed at the person who told, then that person will go and tell some other people that you are pissed off at them, and you/the other person said this or that, then more people are mad at you, and because one person ran their mouth. Do they not see where this goes?

Do not talk about anyone behind their backs ever! This is what will happen, if not worse. Shut up, keep quiet.

If someone talks to you about another person behind their backs, always remember that person could possibly be doing the same to you.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by jca2005]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I despise a tongue wager. I will not listen to gossip. I don't want to hear about what John did to Mary.

When someone tells me a person said something about me I tell them to go get the person and lets confront them together. That generally stops all ill talk.

I really don't give a rats butt what is said about me. I just don't have any use for liars and like to pin them down for the pleasure of it.

I believe the best policy is to not gossip and refuse to listen to gossip..

See no evil, speak no evil and hear no evil.

To my detractors I say as Rhett Butter said to Scarlett, "Frankly my dear I don't give a damn."

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Many people need to learn the old adage...

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than speak and remove all doubt"

Yeah gossip sucks, but it is a part of life I suppose..

Insecurity?
Jealous?
No real life of their own?

Who knows...

I just confront a gossiper at every opportunity.. Seems to shut them up...

Semper

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Yep, I love to confront them. They shut up, and get a little scared
. I even love to get the person that told me they said it, and go with him/her to confront that person. Oh man! The last time I did that, this girl that told my ex g/f a lie saying I said she did something wrong, so me and her both went to this girl and confronted her, and her eyes got so red, like she was fixing to cry and she changed it around. I love it!

new topics

top topics

join