It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think to much!! Do you thank to much?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I think to much! I think while I'm at work, and it distracts me. I think about everything. Life, problems at home, problems that have happened in the past, what I could have done to fix or change past situation, what to do in the future to avoid different things from happening again,violence because my father makes me angry, killing from my anger(which I'd never do just mad at different things), different things at work, is there a god?, was jesus real, women, how to make more money and why aren't I making it now, and almost everything else!

I can't even sleep because thoughts are running through my mind constantly! What is wrong with me? Why can't I let forget and let myself live! It's driving me insane. I want to stop thinking, so I can concentrate better!

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm sure lots of people may. If so, what helps you stop? I need to concentrate, and pay more attention!

[edit on 30-12-2007 by jca2005]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

Keep a running list of things that nag at you. Set it aside and promise yourself not to think about those things until you have time to work on them.

I have been doing this for years, and I find that when I sit down and look at what I have written, that the nagging things really weren't so bad to begin with. Anything else that still bothers me, I research until I am satisfied, and then cross it off the list.

Here is the catch though, you have to dedicate yourself to writing this stuff down!

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
I have been doing this for years, and I find that when I sit down and look at what I have written, that the nagging things really weren't so bad to begin with. Anything else that still bothers me, I research until I am satisfied, and then cross it off the list.

Here is the catch though, you have to dedicate yourself to writing this stuff down!

Hey man, thanks! I appreciate it! I will try to write it down lol. Actually, I will when I have time.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Have you ever asked someone what they are thinking? They answer, nothing, I'm not thinking about anything. Sheesh, sounds ignorant to me.

Unless you are mentally impaired or in a drug induced stupor, a person is always thinking.

The trick is to not worry about what you are thinking. Organize your thoughts. Don't borrow trouble from tomorrow or next week. And yes, write your thoughts down. Let go of the things you have no power over. Change what is within your power to change.

For many years I could not turn my mind off at night and took a long time to go to sleep. Took medication eventually to put me to sleep. I quit taking it 3 months ago. I've learned to relax and turn the world off.

IMO a person that is not constantly thinking is a fairly stupid person with no goals or ambition.

Prioritizing your thoughts helps too. Everything in its own time. As you age your priorities will change and some things will no longer be worth your time to think about.

Thinking men and women change the world. Keep thinking.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

I'm sure that you have been told this by others, "learn to meditate"

It's good advice. There are many sites on the www. that have all sorts of meditation practices. Find one that sounds right for you and give it a try.
It won't work at first but just keep at it and practice as per the instructions and soon you will be able to control your thoughts and relax.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yeah I have the same problem myself unfortunately. It's a little more than just idle thinking when it becomes a distraction from everyday life. I hate it.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005
Does anyone else have this problem? I'm sure lots of people may. If so, what helps you stop? I need to concentrate, and pay more attention!

Blogging is the answer! There are lots of free hosting services on the internet. Posting here at BTS is also a good outlet for your thoughts to be read by people like us.

I too have that problem of 'inner conversation (or dialogue)' and not a day goes by when and if I remember what I was thinking about a few seconds ago. And I end up forgetting important stuff due to overwhelming thinking. :bnghd:

I've tried meditation but that's only good while in bed. I'd avoid anything the increases the metabolism prior to bedtime (i.e. caffeinated drinks, exercising, fighting or arguing, etc.)

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Often times i find myself thinking to much. I have to kind of snap out of it because i can loose focus on whatever I'm doing. I don't really think this is a bad thing though. It can just be a bit frustrating or anoying when i'm tryin get something done. Sometimes it can be worse then others.

As far as thanking to much.. I actually think I need to start remembering to say thank you more.

new topics

top topics

join