It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well I saw something.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Don't know for sure what it is.

I was looking at what we call the "dead pit" where we haul off dead livestock, not much there but the coyotes like to visit.

I was 1/2 mile away looking through my rifle scope when this thing came out of the soap weed cover and then into the weeds around the dead pit. Then a coyote came out and ran off. I swear that 'yote looked right at me.

I drove over there but nothing to see but tracks.

What I think I saw was a very large rodent. I saw no tracks that would indicate that.

Logic tells me it was another 'yote that had a case of mange, but I saw no tail and it had a large humped up rear end. Unless it had its tail tucked and was in a submissive form to the other coyote. I don't know.

Strange!

Roper

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   
well it could be just a giant rat or maybe if your near water it could be a beaver or i forget the name but it looks like a beaver with out the beaver tail and they feed them to aligators at gator farms. its called a nutria now i remember.

[edit on 12/12/2005 by krill]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Well I hope you investigate this further, It sounds crazynutty!!! So you do not think it was just normal situation in this enviroment? Could it just be your imagination?? I know sometimes I think I see something strange and it turns out to be normal. If it is a area that has dead things lying around I wouldnt be surprised to find many animals. What other creatures in the area could challenge a coyote besides another coyote? Get your night vision camera ready and go get some video of it.
D

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by krill
well it could be just a giant rat or maybe if your near water it could be a beaver or i forget the name but it looks like a beaver with out the beaver tail and they feed them to aligators at gator farms. its called a nutria now i remember.

[edit on 12/12/2005 by krill]

I'm in the Okla. Panhandle, ain't no water.

Roper

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

I could see the color on the coyote that came out and what ever went in was gray. (guess I should have mention this in the 1st post)

I wish I had night vision everything, they don't give that stuff away.

Roper

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
That is pretty strange. I know that the Oklahoma panhandle doesn't have many sources of water, but could it have looked like this?

hawky.net...

Kind of looks similar to what you are describing. And from living in Central Texas for many years I know that coyotes are sometimes kind of skittish. Just about anything will scare those buggers away.

Something else I just thought of. Could it have been a raccoon or even possibly a bear? I don't know how many trees you have around you, but those are possibilities. I'm just trying to think of what it could be.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I was talking to my assistant manager and he thinks it was a bobcat. I thought of a BC this AM but I'm just not sure a cat would eat that rotten stuff. Maybe?

hantavirus , I don't know, sorry.

Roper

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
A bobcat would definitely make sense. Coloring and kind of hunched over. Also, a bobcat would scare the heck out of a coyote. No apologies needed. I was grasping at straws myself.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
How about an escaped Capybara?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Kind of but they like H2O, we are short on that.

Are Capybara a scavenger?

Roper

join