It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the motivation for 9/11 theories?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
There's always been an element of traditional American hubris in 9/11 conspiracy theories, but unlike most conspiracy societies it covers a broad and varied spectrum of American society. A nation united by an understanding, for what ever reason, a large proportion of the world "hates" How ever, within this movement there are broad differences of opinion.

For me I am still uncertain of what happened 6years ago, and avidly read up on the various theories. What interests me is what could explain a community made up of such a broad section of society that at the same time has so many internal fractures?

I think most of these people subscribe to a rather dystopian world view and I've always felt it for more likely that the denial of what happened on 9/11 is probably less about politics and more about race. More unthinkable than half the world hating America enough to launch an attack is that such a crippling, spectacular and effective attack could be launched by a people that are at least subconciously regarded as backwards and primitive in the American worldview.

"How could a bunch of goathearders from Afghaniarabia so easily penetrate the defenses of the world's sole super-power? "

It's more unthinkable than the rest of the world hating America, because in a way that scenario just bolsters the image of America as strong and superior; and object of envy in the eyes of the squabbling masses of the rest of the world. To have those masses rise up and make such vicious attack is unthinkable because it makes the Americans feel vulnerable. It's much more flattering to the American MIC ego to instead believe in these elaborate conspiracies involving hi-tech secret weapons and complex, intricate cover-ups that could only be executed by a corruption of the world's finest military and government.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I think you have it backwards.

The "reason" there are alternative conspiracy theories is because the evidence does not support the official conspiracy theory.

Certainly racism is a psychological tool that is utilized but it is what made the hysteria and broad support for permanent global war possible.

The fraudulent war on terror is not in threatened because people didn't swallow the official story.

It was bought hook line and sinker without ANY media scrutiny or investigation.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tarichar

I think it's clear that you don't understand probabilities.

I'm not going to list all the anomalies(there is just way too many) but to believe that 19 people from another country entered the US, got flight training, then successfully hijacked 4 airplanes and flew them into their intended targets with 75% accuracy(with NO HELP WHATSOEVER from elements inside the US I must add), is beyond naive.

I'm actually getting tired of people that don't want to take the responsibility to actually think for themselves. The "lemmings" are the ones that are going to be the cause of a major global disaster.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Same way some people believe that the Egyptians were too dumb to had built the pyramids, great point.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

Same way some people believe that the Egyptians were too dumb to had built the pyramids, great point.

Absolutely zero relevance to the situation around 9/11/2001.

The arrogance/hubris that exists in today's men that believe that they are more superior and more ingenious of men in past civilizations has no business here.

Naivete can be both good and bad. Good in a sense that you are open to new ideas, but bad in a sense that you can easily be swayed by people who have motives to deceive you.

Keep believing in "disneyland" pal. Mickey Mouse is holding a gun to your head.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Conundrum04

Nothing more than 2 tours in Iraq to make me realize the perils that this nation faces.

Maybe you should spent sometime away from the monitor and take a look at how the real world operates, how the federal government and the military operates so you can realize how absurd some of these conspiracies are.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

What does that have to do with the fact that the evidence proves the official 9/11 conspiracy theory false?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

Nothing more than 2 tours in Iraq to make me realize the perils that this nation faces.

Maybe you should spent sometime away from the monitor and take a look at how the real world operates, how the federal government and the military operates so you can realize how absurd some of these conspiracies are.

Yeah, I never experienced anything. You know me better than I do.

You did 2 tours in Iraq and still believe in your government after they LIED to you to get you there. Yeah, you're credible.

For whatever it's worth, I've spent time in the middle east so don't tell me I just sit behind my laptop spewing garbage. It's a fact that 19 hijackers could not pull off the attacks by themselves without some help within the US. PERIOD..

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Motivation, 1 word: truth.

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I apologize if I came kind of strong to you, I just feel that you been attacking me here in this thread an other for no reason.

What you say in your last post, can be completely true and to be honest is the last conspiracy that holds any ground IMO. There is a level of serious evidence that points to the direction that these hijackers where aided either directly or indirectly.

Too bad that many people chooses to waste their time and resources in wild conspiracies, instead of focusing in this particular one.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Apology accepted.

This is why I am only going to focus, from here on out, that they(19 hijackers) couldn't have pull this off without inside help. By focusing on this simple fact, the "debunkers" have less of an arguement against the "CT's" because if you can present evidence that the hijackers had help with some element inside the US, you have to come to the conclusion that 9/11 was indeed an inside job.

Bush and Cheney's prerequisites before testifying before the 9/11 commission is evidence enough of an inside job.
www.sfgate.com.../chronicle/archive/2004/04/03/MNGRI608E81.DTL&type=printable

If you believe 19 hijackers acted alone under the tutelage of OBL, then why act as if you have something to hide?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The only motivation for 911 theories is simply

The search for the Truth...

just the truth nothing more,nothing less.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Maybe we can collaborate on this one! I haven't done any research myself but have found many interesting articles tha points to connection starting with elements from the Clinton administration, the MOSSAD, CIA and such.

If you find any more info in this particular conspiracy, send me a U2U

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't know if you've read about Italy's ex president coming forward and implicating the CIA and Mossad, but here is the article anyway.

www.deepjournal.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Naivete can be both good and bad. Good in a sense that you are open to new ideas, but bad in a sense that you can easily be swayed by people who have motives to deceive you.

I'm not sure what the original posters point was, but I know this comment ties into what my point, time and time again is.

My question is, how many members of our so called truth-movement are just here to decieve others? How many of us push our own idea, ignoring contrary evidence, which is in itself deception? This is why I tend to distance myself from specific whys and hows, favoring specific how-it-DIDN'T-happen evidences. I'd rather people come to their own conclusions (which is not to say that anyone of you should STOP supporting your own ideas! By all means, if you've got a solid theory, run with it!).

Sadly I think many on "our side of the fence" (non-official story believers) would like to decieve and mislead others. Some with the sole intent of discrediting the movement itself, I'm afraid. Other's by simply being so blindly in love with their theory they can't make room for having gotten it wrong themselves.

@Conundrum: You're "lets focus on what we know is a damn lie" is the approach I've taken as of late, there is far too much infighting to pick any side within the path knowing what is a lie leads to. I hope someday soon we can all focus on proving, completely, undeniably even to the most brainwashed Joe 6Pack out there that the official story is an outright lie. We'll work on who-dun-it-and-how later.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by LeeHarvey]

new topics

top topics

join