It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your opinion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I personally think that aliens do indeed exist. How could they not out of all the other galaxies and planets could there not be life? I mean the aliens may not be as smart as us maybe they are dumber or they could be really intelligent. I think that there is life but not REALLY intelligent because they wouldve made contact with us already. If they are intelligent maybe they dont want to bother us because they are to advanced for us and we are not ready for them. What do you think?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Oh, i know theres life out there. I find it impossible to believe we're the only life out of this whole universe. Maybe not in this galaxy...but definently out there somewhere...

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I think, of course, there must be an infinite number of species of alien life in the universe. Its never ending! Its extremely close-minded to think that we on earth are the only ones out there.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
how can one assume that just because no contact has been made that;
a) aliens do or do not exist, its all speculation (from the general public at this point)
b) because they have not contacted us they are not intelligent. perhaps they themselves have not figured out long distance space travel yet.
c) that they have not made contact. perhaps they have we just either havent realized, or the gov is keeping it from the public.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
yes good point ihatethisplace......

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
ET visitation is happening to this planet. Government denials and cover up have left it a semi-mystery, but the sightings continue to happen.

The major reason for keeping this stuff a secret is simply to keep life going as it currently is. Panic and chaos aside (I don't think too much of that would happen), the area that will be most affected and damaging when the information is released is the economy. With the United States and the world in general having bad economies, the news would rattle the world economy to the point that it may not recover. Those in power and wealthy do not want that interrupted and so the secret continues. Most likely the secret will continue until the U.S. goes bankrupt or the oil industry runs out of oil. I suspect one or both will happen before most of us living today are dead.

The mere fact that UFOs are sighted mean that some contact, however small, is being initiated by whatever is flying the vehicles. I doubt any of the pilots of these machines wants to step out into a world of scared, gun-toting natives and are taking a more hands-off approach and are trying to out themselves without causing too much destabilizing effect to our planet. I'm sure our governments are thankful for that.

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
yes, i think there is life. life is tenacious and can survive and adapt to almost anything. whether it's bacteria or all the way up to almsot godlike creatures.... there has to be intelligent life somewhere within our own galaxy, and definitely all throughout the universe.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I believe that alien life exists, whether they are from another place in the universe or here on our planet.

I also believe that UFO's have as their intelligence these alien life forms. I'm of the opinion that some of these aliens work alongside governmental agencies, or that they are used for their technology.

Examples could include fallen UFO's from aliens.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Even if alien life were so intelligent they had figured out interestellar travel whats to say they'll find us... the galaxy is a huge place (the universe is even bigger) and it would be like trying to find a grain of sand in a silo of wheat (needle in haystack wasnt quite hard enough for the metaphore)... we could really easily be overlooked... also our radiowaves would'nt even be 100 light years away yet and even if they DID fly in that 100 l/year radius they'd have to tune in to the right frequency to pick it up... thats assuming they still have old radio technology when travelling across the cosmos... so unless the aliens just happened to be cruising by tuned into EARTH FM they wouldnt pick up the signals we send.

If they then did find us why woud they intefere... we're just primitive primates to them who are on the verge of being smart.. they'd more than likely wanna sit back and watch us... or leave us alone and come back in a few thousand years when we're more mature as a species...

I'm not saying their not here on or around earth, but these are arguments to how they could exsist even if they haven't found us and made contact... it is impossible in my opinion for there to not be more life out there... and it is arrogant in my opinion to assume we're so great and we're the smartest beings in the universe

ID

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think you have to be extraordinarily ignorant to dismiss the possibility of life outside our planet. There may not be "Greys" or "Reptilians" (I for one do not believe the latter) but to say that there is no life outside of ourselves shows an extraordinarily self centered view of things. Due to the tenacity of living things and the will to survive and prosper I think the chances are very likely that what occurred here millions of years ago may be happening in similar fashion in many other places. If even bacterial life was able to exist somewhere else it would eventually grow and evolve. Evolution is the natural order of things, and life always finds a way.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Haven't you heard the old saying: There has to be intelligent life out there because there sure as heck isn't any down here.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Well, scientists suggest that around 13% of the planets in our galaxy alone could be alot like Earth... So, even if we look for earth related planets, the chances are extremely high. Not even taking into consideration that there could, or likely are, cilicon based lifeforms...

top topics

join