It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Purple Nurple Optical Illusion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Check it out:
scienceblogs.com...

Wacky, eh? It's making me dazed.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Im hungover and i just threw up, thank you.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Oh man, sorry. In that case you don't wanna look at this one:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Im hungover and i just threw up, thank you.

BC, should have posted a warning for all of us who spent last night out late drinking.

Actually, I have always found these optical illusions to be interesting.
I wonder if the same illusion would work if one painting a wall in ones house just like this?

Thanks for posting it. Keep up the good work.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Oh man, if I had walls painted like that I'd be staggering around the house.

I saw one with black and white dots a while back and they wouldn't stop blinking as your eyes tried to focus. If I can find it I'll post it up.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

is it this one? www.michaelbach.de...

Have fun.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Check out this site, it got like every optical illusion ever created. www.michaelbach.de...

I've been looking around it for 15 minutes and I already have a bad headache.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

That was very similar, but I did find the one I was thinking of on the site you provided the link for.

www.michaelbach.de...

This one is much more obvious than the first one.

I'm gonna spend a few minutes looking at the other ones he has there, there's quite a few I've never seen before. Thanks for the link.......

EDIT: Those damn creepy eyes keep following my mouse around.

[edit on 30/12/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Aw, man, that's enough of that site for me. I feel sick now.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
On the pn if you stare at the center it all stops, or it does for me... but then I was a child of the 70's...

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I dunno what's wrong here, but none of these things move for me! Not one of them. Remember that animated dancing GIF? All I could see with that one was it moving in the direction that is not common.

I think I need to get my eyes checked!

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

You probably need to update your Flash Player to version 9.
I think I saw a link for it on the site.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Is Life an Illusion?

How can we believe that the people and the things we see and which appear so real are not there? Our first reaction is that only what we see is real. But then what about the blind man? Are not things real to him? No, the blind man believes that what he hears only is real...

...For example, we do not see air, yet we know that it is there. So it is our feeling that makes a thing real. It is our awareness by which we decide about the reality of things.

Is our awareness limited by what we have been taught to believe is real? How are we know that we exist as nothing more that programming in someone elses computer simulation? Are we part of the Matrix? Is our universe just part of an atom on some giant's big toe? Do good and bad really matter afterall?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I really like this one..

Really emphasizes the 3d effect..

Semper

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

What's this got to do with optical illusions again?

[edit on 30-12-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
thehumbleone

optical illusion -
a thing that deceives the eye by appearing to be other than it is.

My point is simply this -
Just because we see something or are told by other who have seen something, why should we believe it to be there and why should we believe it to be something just because of it's appearance?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Wow, all of this got me thinking....what if you were able to see everything around you...like air, tv and radio waves, microwaves, the beams that come out of a remote control, from cell phones...radiation from the sun...etc...

You would not be able to walk because we are all swimming around in a huge mess of invisible things, if we were able to see just some of these things we would not be able to see at all....I think I would probably go crazy if I only saw a small glance at what is right in front of us all the time.

[edit on 31-12-2007 by Vandermast]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I have never been able to do this one. It's always spinning clockwise to me. The description says it's possible, but no matter how hard I try and no matter how long I stare at it, it is always spinning clockwise.

I think what my problem is I pay too much attention to close detail. When it gets to this point, I think that's where it throws me off:

Clearly the foot that is in the air is in the background, which would mean it is spinning clockwise.

Maybe it's just about perception and people perceiving things differently. Or maybe I'm just completely missing what I'm supposed to be looking at in that picture. Either one is possible.

As for other optical illusions, I like the ones where you stare at the center and there's other dots in the picture, and staring at the center long enough makes the other dots seem to disappear. Those are pretty cool.

I got a headache now. And my eyes hurt.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

I managed to get that one to spin the opposite direction!
I just have to keep telling myself -- "There is no spoon! There is no spoon!"

It helps to glance at the smaller rotating figure in the corner, you know, this one:

Play around with the stop button until you can get it to NOT synchronize. Then they will appear to spin in the opposite direction.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Its very simple making the silhouette move from clockwise to anticlockwise and and the other way around.

Don't ever move your eyes. Let your head do the movement. You have to be at least 4-5 inches away from your monitor.

For anticlockwise movement, look at her head. Don't move your eyes, use your head to do the movement.

For clockwise movement, look at her feet.

There you go. You can even do this very fast and she'll look as if she's going from right and left without even completing a complete turn.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join