It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest Religious Hoax Ever!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Every religion is wrong. Why? Because they make no sense. There, i hope to have opened everybodys eyes. Lets put this medieval nonsens behind us and look forward. Be good to people, thats just about everything the teachings of any religion is good for.

Come on..... slam me with all your hokus pokus about God, Allah, Santa Claus and all the other made up cartoon characters

-----------------------------------------------
The very young do not allways do as they are told.

Mod Edit: Fixed all caps title

[edit on 12/30/07 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedelus

Every religion is wrong. Why? Because they make no sense.

And in your own words, why do none of the religions make any sense to you?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I've always thought that the idea behind religion was ok. You know, love your fellow man and be a good person and all that but the application of these organized religions went waaaayyyy off track and started to be used as systems of control and division of the people who choose to participate. Having been forced to go to church until the age of 16 helped me see this. I haven't been back to a church in over a decade now.

I am on board with the abolishment of organized religions and a re-write of the underlying principles to bring about what religion should be, guidelines of living like a good person and helping those around you to create a better life for everyone. But it has to be one set of guidelines for everyone so we don't make the same mistake twice.

My $0.02

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Yes, EVERYONE'S beliefs are wrong except for mine.

Wrong wrong wrong.

I am right.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Why religions make no sense? Hmm, lets take christianity. God created man (adam). And from him he created eve. The had only sons......... End of the human race, except if they made more children with their mother. Which is wrong in the eyes of god... Tadaaa makes no sense.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I always considered the biggest religious hoax ever as being the claim there is no God.

But this immensely thought-provoking post with so many facts and so much evidence to back up the O.P.'s assertion calls for amazing kudos. Your arguments just made me convert to atheism.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. Religions are mind control and are all dangerous, as well as preventing us from advancing our knowledge in directions the pious think their gods don't want us to go.

The world would be a better place if only the delusions of religion were finally relegated to our primitive past.

someday ...

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

lol this post made me laugh I agree with you.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
To say "all religions" means you know about all religions which you don't.
Therefore you lie to make your point.
Next you are limited in your thinking.
Einstien has said "Buddhist cosmology is the religion of the 21st century."
Einstien was voted most knowledgeable person of the 20th Century
by the world's leading scientists.
He has many accomplishments. Do you have even one?
Do you even understand him on any level?
Who will we listen to? Einstien or the unknowledgeable who stagnate in ignorance.
Do you know what the mind is?
Do you even know kindergarten spirituality such as hate is poison.
Or are you lost in the ignorance of your own suffering unable to distinguish
the states of your own mind.
LEARN before you speak otherwise your own blind suffering is the result.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Religion, Politics, poligion, reliotics...

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
All the major religions claim to be the only right one, and of course everyone else has it wrong. I consider it much more likely that no religion has it right than just one of them does.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Electricneo

The argument from authority. Everyone always brings up Einstein.

Hey, even smart guys are wrong once in a while.

Einstein was a brilliant physicist, but what makes him an authority on religion?

Just because Mother Theresa got the Nobel Prize doesn't mean she's an authority on quantum mechanics, either.

Just so ya know, I tend to jump on logical fallacies right away. They need to be stamped out before they can spread. They do more damage than wild fire. They're very common and sound plausible, so people use them over and over again. I'm sort of the fallacy gardener. Need to weed them out when they're young.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I agree with the OP.

To those of you asking for points, this is the rant forum, not the religious conspiracy forum. When I rant, it's to get something off my chest not to prove anything to anyone.

@ Kronik98: I agree with you entirely. The concept of worshiping a God is fine with me until it starts affecting other peoples' lives which obviously it has on a large scale.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Wasn't Einstein actually an agnostic? I thought I read somewhere he believed in a divine structure of sorts but not a personal, physical god. It's been so long but I don't think he was even religious.

As for you, O.P. I need you to read the Tanakh, Bible, Koran, Pitaka, Vedas, and other religious texts and show me why they are wrong. I expect your full analysis on my desk by morning!

Seriously though, I know this is just a rant but why do you believe all religions are false or that there is no God? Do you have some hard hitting arguments to prove the masses wrong?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedelus
Why religions make no sense? Hmm, lets take christianity. God created man (adam). And from him he created eve. The had only sons......... End of the human race, except if they made more children with their mother. Which is wrong in the eyes of god... Tadaaa makes no sense.

two witnesses watched and armed robbery. the thug had on green pants and a red hat. when asked by the police what the witnesses had seen one said that the robber had on green pants while the other simply mentioned the red hat.

So my question to you is who described what the robber was wearing better: witness one or witness two?

the answer is neither one would be complete with out the other. You wrongfully conclude that Adam and eve did not have any girls simply because it is not mentioned.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedelus
Why religions make no sense? Hmm, lets take christianity. God created man (adam). And from him he created eve. The had only sons......... End of the human race, except if they made more children with their mother....

Not sure what Bible you're reading but mine says in Genesis 5:4 "Adam... had other sons and daughters." So you hate something without having accurate facts? Shame on you!

I can see how something would "make no sense" when you don't even know the basic subject matter.

[edit on 12/31/2007 by AshleyD]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
OP how many years have you studied religion? Have you studied all religions?

You haven't opened anyone's eyes with your post. except to show ignorance.

I have no use for Catholics, Methodist, Baptist, Buddhist or any other organized religion.

I believe in God. It is my right to believe as I choose. However, I am constantly studying different beliefs.

Why didn't you post this on the religious forum?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
So I just had to look. It's under Rant now and spelled in the approved case. This thread is sort of about "not-religion" in mirrored anti-double-neutral-goodspeak of the not-day.

I haven't chosen a not-religion for myself. Whatever divine not-bozo is running the show is pretty high on my #list. Maybe-not. Complete failure as a not-leader. Generates a lot of bucks though. Has a bad-ass problem with off-ing innocent humans. Likely weaned too early. I blame the mother or religion...

Turns out the word "Hoax" has an interesting history. From "Hocus Pocus" and according to the wiki comes from the "Latin Mass" as "hoc est corpus", translates as "this is the body". I wonder what or who's body might that be? Nah, couldn't be.

Awesome wicked thread,

Mira

[edit on 30-12-2007 by Mira_of_lurk0more]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   

I think you miss-named this thread. It should be "Why religion is a hoax."
If I can answer the question of biggest religious hoax ever, I would have to say that it is the hoax pulled on Adam and Eve by the serpent in the garden. If the religion of the serpent is the one that you follow, I would have to agree that it is false.
I beleive that "Narrow is the Path" is the true religion. There are many gods, but only one of them is the right one. None of the other gods will do you any good. We live in Babylom, a confusion of ideas. We need to pick out the right way among the mass of wrong paths.
If I had to pick out the true religion, I would have to say that it is my own personal belief, and if I was to follow anyone else's religion, I would be wrong.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Very true. It is even alluded to in the Bible that God will remove the veil at the end of the end times to show who these false religions have really been worshiping all along. Of course we already know who this someone is. I don't think it is a coincidence that so many ancient religions (including some modern religions) worshiped a dragon among their gods.

[edit on 12/31/2007 by AshleyD]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join