It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should This Video be Banned from YouTube?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This is a very interesting Video and short Documentary. Enjoy.

It has to do with religion, Christian religion and where stories came from.

Has anyone seen this before? And I don't know why they are saying it needs or should be banned, maybe hype?

Opinions needed.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Makes a hell of alot of sense to me if what he is saying is true, and I can deffinatly see why religious types might want it banned, truth hurts eh?

[edit on 30-12-2007 by DigitalKid]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I can also see how the creator asking if it should be banned is a way to gain attention for their video. There are all kinds of videos on youtube, I doubt this should, or will, be banned.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
great video , and an eye opener (i hope) to some people
I know I'll be showing that to my GF as she has always been interested in religions . I just hope they wont take that clip off youtube to fast

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The youtube poster of the video (not the author of this thread) is not the creator of the original video called Zeitgeist. Perhaps this version was flagged because additional crap was added that violated youtube's terms of service.

Regardless, the video is not banned and this version of the video has been on YouTube since June 26th, 2007 – around the same time the original movie was released. Sounds to me like this youtube poster is trying to generate controversy where there is none to, oh i dunno, get more hits on their stolen video post.

The original full documentary is great and I recommend everyone watch it. There have been tons of threads and discussions on ATS about this nonprofit documentary by Peter Joseph.

You can watch the full documentary here: www.zeitgeistmovie.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I am a Christian but with an open mind. Why would you think the video should be banned? I found it very interesting and thought provoking.

I see no reason for the video to be banned.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I am a Christian but with an open mind. Why would you think the video should be banned? I found it very interesting and thought provoking.

I think it is what someone else mentioned in this thread about gaining attention, but who knows these days.

I found it very thought provoking myself.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame

Agree with diziedame here.

I see no reason for the video to be banned. I too thought it was thought provoking if not actually stupid.

It is thought provoking if you dont know any history or other facts.

1. The important thing about Jesus Christ is not His birth..not important at all except for getting Him here. There is No mention of the date or time. IF this was important to us it would have been made clear as to what date or time it was.

2. There is no instruction both Olde and New Testaments for a Hebrew or Christian to celebrate a birthday...ever. It will not be there. This birthday celebration , however, is a known custom among the heathen or pagan nations. Birthdays are thier tradition.
Birthdays are known ...self glorification. This was considered a bad thing among the Hebrews to do, for all Glory and Praise was to go to God. This is the reason the Pharisees are spoken against for lengthening the hems of their garments. This is considered vain and self glorification. SAme with birthdays.

3. All this astrological stuff is intresting but it was forbidden to the Hebrews. They were not to engage in this conduct. It was in fact and recorded in the Bible as precisely what the heathen/pagans were doing.
They were not to observe the sun and the moon and the stars and be driven to worship them. This is a part of what the heathens/pagans did in defiling the land before they were conquered by the Hebrews. When the Hebrews conquered these lands they were told not to do as the people who inhabited the lands before them did. This was a no-no.

I see no reason to ban the video..It is a typical jerk off type movie..designed to insult and get a emotional response from people who should know better. To get people on a string and set the hook in them. Unfortunately most of my Christian bretheren do not in fact know better. They often dont know much ..even about Christianity much less history. Sad but true.

I followed this video all of the length agreeing right up to the point about Jesus and the 25th of December being his birthday. Utter nonsense.

I dont celebrate His Birthday...at all..nor any other type of birthday. Not intrested. I celebrate His death burial and reseruction ...every day. 24/7, 365 days a year.

It is the death Burial and resurection ...the shedding of His blood which is important to us...in for whom He died.....not his birth.

No reason to ban this video once you know the Truth.

Orangetom

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Agreed Orange, it's not His birth that saves us, but rather His death. I find no reason for it being banned, as a Christian I'd be ashamed if another Christian would want to flag this video. If we did we would be as bad as some atheists, I want both sides of the argument heard - so that it is however more clearer that undecided people choose the side that has Jesus Christ in it.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999

3. All this astrological stuff is intresting but it was forbidden to the Hebrews. They were not to engage in this conduct. It was in fact and recorded in the Bible as precisely what the heathen/pagans were doing.
They were not to observe the sun and the moon and the stars and be driven to worship them. This is a part of what the heathens/pagans did in defiling the land before they were conquered by the Hebrews. When the
Hebrews conquered these lands they were told not to do as the people who inhabited the lands before them did. This was a no-no.

Really Hebrews don't engage in Astrology?
I beg to differ.

www.magiastrology.com...

Rabbi Dobin Author Kabbalistic Astrology

Wikipedia

The Talmudists were familiar with the planets and their characteristics in astrology; but only the week-days were counted, while the Sabbath had a name of its own.

Shall I continue because the list goes on and on.

I have many Jewish friends and know many Rabbis that are well versed in Astrology.

[edit on 31-12-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JmanFIVEk

The original full documentary is great and I recommend everyone watch it. There have been tons of threads and discussions on ATS about this nonprofit documentary by Peter Joseph.

This is brilliant please download and make sure you share it with all your friends.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JmanFIVEk
The youtube poster of the video (not the author of this thread) is not the creator of the original video called Zeitgeist. Perhaps this version was flagged because additional crap was added that violated youtube's terms of service.

Thank you for this info. I will watch it and post my opinions.

Now it makes sense why it would be banned, if it violated the creators original content and copyrights.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Jman has already answered the questions for this video from the thread.

it's getting banned because it directly LIFTS FOOTAGE AND AUDIO from the Full Length Copywritten Documentary Zeitgeist.

Zeitgeist webpage with FULL video...

enjoy.

[edit on 12/31/2007 by coven]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Wow! that full length documentary is extremely interesting and worth watching. The similarities between Egyptian religion and Christian religion is uncanny.

new topics

top topics

join