It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan: What Are You Hiding?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Call me impatient but...

C'mon, JAXA!!!

You have had a high def cam round the Moon for months now. Where the hell are all the images and videos?

What are you hiding?

Have you struck a deal with the U.S. hidden government?

Show us the goods already!!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It takes time to analyze photos. Maybe they are doing just that?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Lo FredT

I hear what you are saying but I find it all a bit weird.

What is arguably one of the most exciting events in Japanese space history and nothing goes out live?

Even the US managed to get the logistically more difficult mission of landing on the moon out live to the world!

I dont buy analysis. The images should be public domain with any analysis done alongside the release.

Sorry for the blank triple posting - DOH!

Can a mod delete them please?

[edit on 30/12/2007 by skibtz]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yeah but it would be nice for a sneak preview as it where?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

LOL I agree but thats what they will fall back on IMHO and I can't wait myself to see the pics myself

They also may be trying to see how they can amrket th stuff to raise funds etc.

[edit on 12/30/07 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Funding? Yep, good point FredT.

Is JAXA a public entity like NASA? If not then they will be needing to use the tech to fund future missions.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

Doesn't China also have something like this? Do you really think China needs more money? They want the MOON. I seriously doubt they would get it unless it supposedly writes off our debt with them. And then let's see if whomever is already there will even let them near it anyway.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
They want the MOON.

Tell you what, they can have it - just for having a Star Trek-esque logo

Didn't they release an image which was then attacked for being a fraud because it looked like one taken by NASA?

What did NASA expect?

The Moon is the Moon, unless there is an extremely prolific, industrious inhabitant on the Moon erecting buildings and shifting craters, then it will look the same!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Has anyone been to the JAXA web site ?
www.jaxa.jp...

The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) is pleased to announce that the operation mode of the lunar explorer, KAGUYA (SELENE), was shifted to regular operations from its initial verification on December 21, 2007 (Japan Standard Time) as we were able to acquire satisfactory verification results for all fifteen observation missions. JAXA had been conducting an initial functional verification of the KAGUYA onboard equipment for about two months since the KAGUYA was injected into a lunar orbit at an altitude of about 100 km on Oct 18, 2007.

It has just started regular operations as of 9 days ago.

The mission page is here:
www.selene.jaxa.jp...

The image gallery is here:
wms.selene.jaxa.jp...

Hmmmm, yes, I wonder what they're hiding.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Been and seen though cheers for the link

The slim pickings on the website are the result of data collated before it had been in 'full operation' for 9 days.

After 9 days it has produced nowt! You would have expected to have half the Moon mapped and filmed in HD by now

I think. Just going to pop over and double-check

Edit: Just checked the site and all the data is from Oct/Nov - not a sausage from December.

Full operation my fanny! How Long does NASA delay data these days?

[edit on 30/12/2007 by skibtz]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The site does state that HDTV data will be released to the public, but I don't see any posted yet.

I'll be watching the site for updates and if I see anything new I'll certainly let you know in this thread. It'll be great to get new and better images to compare with NASAs stuff.

I'm hoping Google Moon will get them to add to the Clementine data.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

cheers anxietydisorder

Google Moon eh?

Will be checking that out right now ta mate

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

Just a heads up, there's also a Google Mars, but for a truly amazing experience I recommend NASA Worldwind.

worldwind.arc.nasa.gov...

I have a 380 Gig external drive just for that one program because you can store an unlimited amount of data from all the planets, moons, galaxy, and universe. Everything NASA images from it's probes, telescopes and satellites is available in one neat package.
Google only allows you to cache 2 Gigs before it overwrites on the free version, but Worldwind lets you keep it all for as long as you want.

It's a bit harder to use than Google Earth, but well worth the effort when you get the hang of it. They also have a great community that helps you out with installing extra features or if you have questions.

Let me know if you try it out, I think you'll be impressed.

EDIT: sp

[edit on 30/12/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
What's going to be interesting is if they DO release a full, "world" view of the moon. Wouldn't this completely disprove John Lear's theories, or would he just say all of the pics were indoctrinated?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I would imagine a combination of both.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Analyze Schmanalyze, unless you mean airbrushing and making sure the USGOV approves the pics for public consumption?

And as far as funding, last I heard JAXA was getting somewhere in the 'hood of 2 Billion per year in funding; I don't think they have to much trouble paying the bills.

Not trying to argue, stir the pot, or cause trouble. Just trying to use some common sense.
If, let's say, they do need to increase the cash flow; what better way to generate interest than by throwing some results out there?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

These images make me believe that there are no moon bases or UFOs on the moon.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Whoops, missed your post before I let fly....

9 days and we STILL haven't seen anything?!?!? This sounds fishy...

I just know they're photoshopping Lear's soul collector off the pics

I got no patience anymore I guess, just too much aspertame, internet, adderall, tmz, etc,etc,etc......

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Japan hasn't released the photos because they're still hiring and training the AIRBRUSH people.

Sure will be interesting to be able to compare images the Japanese Government puts out against the ones the US has released over the years. If there has been tampering with the images then the two Governments are going to have to work together to get the story straight. The US isn't going to let the Japanese blow the lid of any coverup they may or may not have been running. I'm sure the new images will spark many lively discussions here on ATS.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
great thread totally agree something fishy is going on.

maybe we should get a bunch of people to send emails asking what's taking so long?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join