It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Light in Darkness:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I tried to post some references from both Pike, and Manly P. Hall, but they were deleted by the moderators. All I was told, is that it was all spam, even though it was all good solid references.

Please go to www.sacred-texts.com... and read the sections on ceremonial magic, Hiram Abiff, Flowers/plants/fruits/trees, and the Sun.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
And also Mystic Christianity.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteipvvvvv
I tried to post some references from both Pike, and Manly P. Hall, but they were deleted by the moderators. All I was told, is that it was all spam, even though it was all good solid references.

Please go to www.sacred-texts.com... and read the sections on ceremonial magic, Hiram Abiff, Flowers/plants/fruits/trees, and the Sun.

niteipvvvvv,

(Hope I got all the "v's" in there, I am not wearing my reading glasses)

Your posts along with several replies were deleted because you were simply quoting. We can all do that. Quoting is not discussing. You at least need to quote, then offer some speculation, or pose a question regarding what is quoted.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I gotcha. No problem, can do and will do.

Thank you. You are being quite civil with me.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteipvvvvv
I gotcha. No problem, can do and will do.

Thank you. You are being quite civil with me.

You say that like I *shouldn't* be. There's no reason to be uncivil (unless "fired upon" first, of course). You're new on this board and it takes some time to learn ones way around. I think you'll find most of us to be pretty civil, even when we disagree. The key is to "agree to disagree" and discuss, not fight.

Sometimes my passions cause me to forget my own advice, by the way.

We are all human, after all.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by niteipvvvvv

To further Senrak's point, all of us will enjoy having a civil discourse of these topics with you but I think you might wish to check the archives here on Above Top Secret. Many, if not all, of the quotes removed by the moderators have been posted and discussed prior to your arrival. You may wish to add to these already established threads before formulating your own topic as many of your questions might be answered by purusing them.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I see the original poster is banned, but I will respond to this anyways.

The cornerstone of faith is finding people who agree with you. Its critical for you to have other people verify your own system of beleif - necessary, in fact. I'm OK with that. I realize in this broad world that whatever it is you believe - and it can be anything from the mundane to the truly fantastical - you will find someone who has written something somewhere that matches your ideology. Even if you do not find an entire book that agrees with you, you will indeed find chapter that do. So, in your zeal to believe your own occult faith, you find bits and pieces of masonic authors who agree with you. This is unsurprising, and this has been discussed before, but again:

Most people who like to either attack masonry or turn masonry into some esoteric magic society love the works of Pike and related authors. Without them, they would have even less concrete evidence for their claims than they already do.

But there is a problem that they overlook every single time. These authors are not the authoritative source on masonry, and indeed the preface to Morals and Dogma even says it is not to be taken as such. What people fail to realize is that you can take any author who writes on any organization and make it seem to contradict with the organization itself. Thats what happens when you have freedom of the speech.

But that you want such sources to be authoritative on masonry and be correct does not make it reality. It just shows your personal agenda.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I think a large part of what gets ignored by a reasonable majority, is that a great many of the earlier Masonic authors were basically studying cultural anthropology, and differing world religio-/philosophic/mystical though patterns, and at times trying to historically develop a very real and chronological timeline linking ancient societies to today.How many people are posting on these very boards and forums, seeking answers to eternal questions?I feel that your Higgins,Hall,Pike,Leadbetter, Waite, etc were in essence doing the same thing in their own time.Just my two cents, but an interest in phiolosophy and how mankind thinks and reasons, and history itself is what lead me to Freemasonry.

new topics

top topics

join