It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!!! And Stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Ya know.........
First off, I'm gonna apologize in advance for any spellin' mistakes in this post. I have some stuff on my plate right now.

I've been sittin' here doin' some thinkin'. Some pretty heavy duty thinkin' and stuff..... 2007 is swiftly coming to an end. Much like the shafts of newborn sunlight greet us upon a sunrise, a brand new year is about to be born. So what am I thinkin' and stuff?
Hmmmmm........

Time is moving so quickly. Much too quickly. It still feels like last years holidays were yesterday, yet now this years holidays have passed as well.

Wow.

I've talked about how lucky I am in other posts. I am.
We all are.
While it's not my place to do so, I'm gonna offer some advice and stuff to everyone.
Life is so short.
Not to be maudeline, but every breath you take might be your last. Every moment of life should be cherished.
Life is full of BS, god knows. My mail box is filled with bills, yay........
Work has it challenges. Love at times seems like it is the grim reaper disguised as cupid as it will break your heart and spirit.
I've been there. I've done things, and seen things that most can't even comprehend.
The simple things are so important.
I wake up every morning.
I feel the warm water cascade from the showerhead over my body.
The smell of my favorite soap fills my nostrils as I cleanse myself.
The first sip of coffee in the morning.
Pulling on a pair of socks warm right out of the dryer.
I get to feel elements on my face, be it sunlight, rain, snow.
I get to make a child laugh. Nothing better than a childs laugh.
Snuggling under my favorite, albeit rather beat up comfy blanket my Nana knit for me decades ago.
Turning the first page of a new novel from my favorite author.
Saying hello to someone you've not met before, and may never see again, and see them smile at you.
Finding a penny heads up in the parking lot.
Catching a snowflake on my tongue.
Seeing if I can get one more skip than last time every time I skip stones across the lake.
Pulling out my guitar and taking my emotions out in music.
Listening to a cricket sing his song as i sit on the porch.
Throwing snowballs at friends.
Smelling 'that smell' in the autumn air.

There are so many wonderful things that make up life. Yes LIFE. Relish LIFE.
The BS is just that. It's BS.
LIFE! Love it. LIVE it.
I'm not very intelligent, but i can tell you that I am smart enough to understand that 100 times a day little things happen that are wonderful. I see them, and relish everyone of them, as should you. You'd be surprised how easy it is to smile when you enjoy the little things.
Recognize the little things, and realize that every one of the little things is a wonderful thing. Cherish them. They are plentiful.
Someone cuts you off on the highway? So? Does it really effect anything in the whole scheme of things?
As said, every moment may very well be your last, so smile, laugh, and enjoy

Ahhhh.... I'm being told to turn my laptop off. Gotta go.

LOVE YOUR LIFE!

Happy, and safe New year all!

The bozo man

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well said my Friend...

Happy New Year to you and may this year bring the kind of happiness you deserve my good friend...

(Oh yeah, that part about you in the shower... I could have done without that..LOL)

Semper

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Please move to Canada and give Jake lessons in "to die for".

Mira

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'm so with you on this, Lombozo.

Not a day goes by, inspite of what i may say here, that i dont thank my lucky stars for everything I DO have, i dont care about what i dont have...Others may live in mansions and drive fancy cars, but i have what i need to make me happy. My husband gripes about the small house we have, i tell him to be greatful, that others have much less and he looks at me in wonder. He says i settle for very little. That's not so at all. I have a lot. I have riches beyond my wildest dreams and i relish every face in my life, every rain drop, sunshine, and my little world is ok.
And for those who have left, i have fond memories to think of and reminders....like the little raindeer that was on top of my sons table on Christmas day. It went off all by itself playing "Silent Night", we looked at each other and in the same breath said "Grandpa is here"

Have a happy and safe new year!

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I know it's off topic, but I have to say this...

Lombozo and DG are two of the finest people I have ever had the pleasure to know..

I am grateful for the blessing of knowing both of them...

Now I am going to go before I get teary eyed..

Semper

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Sorry this was supposed to be a u2u.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by Mira_of_lurk0more]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
The simple things are so important.
I wake up every morning.
I feel the warm water cascade from the showerhead over my body.
The smell of my favorite soap fills my nostrils as I cleanse myself.
The first sip of coffee in the morning.
Pulling on a pair of socks warm right out of the dryer.

Now admit it, you stole those lines from either a soap or coffee commercial.

I find the purpose of finding the truth on ATS here is so you can learn to laugh at the world again, like a child.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I'll second that Semper, with the simple adendum of adding you to that list.

Cool sentiments, Lombozo...and if we take the time to realize it, so very true.

Happy New Year to all of us. May this next year be less eventful than many of us fear...

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I get to make a child laugh. Nothing better than a childs laugh.

This is one of my favorite things. A childs laugh is infectous and I wish I could bottle it.There would be a lot less problems in the world.

I'm not very intelligent, but i can tell you that I am smart enough to understand that 100 times a day little things happen that are wonderful. I see them, and relish everyone of them, as should you. You'd be surprised how easy it is to smile when you enjoy the little things.
Recognize the little things, and realize that every one of the little things is a wonderful thing. Cherish them. They are plentiful.

Don't sell yourself short man. I think the above quote shows a rather high level of intelligence. Smarts aren't measured in numbers as some would like to believe but more in your understanding of the world around you, imo anyway. I think you have the important parts figured out, which makes you one of the smartest people around.

Happy New Year and may your best day of 2007 be your worst day of 2008.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I really do get what your OP means. I wonder if it is the world or just our awareness of the fragility of our lives? Older people have always said this, but my Grandma who is 88 years old recently told me that it is moving fast even from her perspective. Happy Newyear to you too! I look forward to much happening and yes that it will pass way too fast for what ever the reason.

top topics

join