It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Beachcoma
Every year since it's inception, Wired Magazine compiles a list of the year's top 10 scientific achievements. Here is this year's list without the commentary but with links to the AboveTopSecret.com discussion thread (or at least those that I could find):
- Researchers Turn Skin Cells to Stem Cells
- Chimpanzees Make Spears for Hunting
- Mummified Dinosaur Excavated and Scanned
- Enzymes Convert Any Blood Type to O
- Laboratory Mice Cured of Rett Syndrome
- Soft Tissue from T. Rex Leg Bone Analyzed
- Engineers Create Transparent Material as Strong as Steel
- Planet Discovered That Could Harbor Life
- Scientists Clone Rhesus Monkey to Produce Stem Cells
- Transistors Get Way Smaller
So, which scientific breakthrough has you gaping in awe? For me it would be number two on the list, but number four is pretty spiffy as well.