It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting account of a man's close up encounter with a skunk-ape

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Previous members have already articulated the many reasons why I think this is a hoax. Not the least of which is the fact he will not give out the location. How convenient.

Previous members failed to do any detective work and research any of the story. As for the location, florida, bonita springs, sawgrass and bayhead. Why come to conclusions before researching the story. So the previous members are experts and you believe it from there points.

The bigfoot the guy saw...

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe
Didn't it say in the article that he got off a shot? So then if it was indeed behind a strip mall, even at night there would have been something like a police report or something similar. Or if the shot had hit it, then there would likely be a bloodtrail, and considering the amount that has passed since the incident, I would guess they could have tried to recover the round if it missed.

On the monster quest segment he did get a shot off but it was not a hit and to retrieve the round in open terrain would be futile. As for cops being called. It was late at night in a secluded foggy area and probably no immediate homes for any one to hear a gunshot. This area of florida is swampy and desolate.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
No. The depth of the footprints, hunting large game with a shotgun, the "intelligent" creature knocking over multiple cans (let alone one even), no location of the dumpsters, no police response to the gunshot, book to sell. All, IMO, add up to doubt of his story.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by WorldShadow
... in a secluded foggy area and probably no immediate homes for any one to hear a gunshot. This area of florida is swampy and desolate.

And so they build a strip mall there? Whoever was responsible obviously never heard the three main factors in the success of any business: location, location, location.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   

No. The depth of the footprints, hunting large game with a shotgun, the "intelligent" creature knocking over multiple cans (let alone one even), no location of the dumpsters, no police response to the gunshot, book to sell. All, IMO, add up to doubt of his story.

I would suggest all who read this to look a little further than instant dismissal of facts, clues and a book sale. This is not the first story coming out of florida for a skunk ape.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   

... in a secluded foggy area and probably no immediate homes for any one to hear a gunshot. This area of florida is swampy and desolate.

And so they build a strip mall there? Whoever was responsible obviously never heard the three main factors in the success of any business: location, location, location.

I can confidently reply you have never been around florida. Businesses go up in very desolate areas amongst swamp, everglades and bogs with nothing around for miles. Allow me to brag abit. I have been all over florida and know it very well. All of florida is prime development whether it is in bigfoot domain or not.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
That is a interesting story, he tells the story in a way that can convince you it is real, i am starting to believe 85% but if he had more evidence then that would of been great. Great Job on finding this article

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

[I would suggest all who read this to look a little further than instant dismissal of facts, clues and a book sale. This is not the first story coming out of florida for a skunk ape.

I'm sure it's not the first story... It's probably not the first hoaxed story coming out of Florida either - but it most certainly smells like a hoax to me. Many other visitors have already stated the obvious reasons why this smells bad so no need to repeat.

My vote:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldShadow

Edit: Wrong thing I wanted to say.

[edit on 31-12-2007 by spec_ops_wannabe]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I stopped reading the article when dude man said he thought of setting up a camera but decided not too because it would be dismissed as fake. Come on, who believes this? If I spent 20 years researching ANYTHING I'm going to film it. I don't care if the people here on ATS think it's fake or everyone on Earth, I am going to want to watch those few seconds or minutes of footage I get over and over.

He seems like a likable guy but come on, my fish flag is going up.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
As a story, it's great. But that's all it is, a story. He didn't film the encounter because people thought it would be fake? Oh please The animal looks at him with "rage" in its eyes...why? Because he's standing between the animal and the leftovers in the dumpster? He describes a creature of intelligence and speed (how a 500+lb animal can move with the kind of speed he describes would confuse even Newton) yet it merely "glares" at him. I f this story were true there would be a dead guy between two dumpsters and a puddle of p*ss at his feet...

I think I'll pass on the book.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The best alien hoaxes are created by aliens. This is factual knowledge that you need to incorporate into your intellect regardless of your belief's. I am sure all these people who see "bigfoot" or any other shoe-size creature are telling the absolute truth, just as they experienced it. That does not make it real They were just the audience for an alien show. Humans have been studied by (and altered) by aliens since we can down from the trees and moved into caves. Aliens know human weakness'es and play upon them. They show you and animal image and you automatically assume you are smarter than it is. You haven't a clue. There is never just a single alien. NEVER. If you can see it, you are already at their mercy. They always have you trapped before they reveal themselves to you. They know humans as stupid, dangerous creatures and take appropriate steps to control you. Tracking a "bigfoot" and trying to capture it is equivalent to you trying to capture Chicago all by yourself. You cannot sneak up on them, they mark you with several hundred or thousand of themselves and follow you the rest of your life, you become their home and they will propogate and grow within you. These people are genius'es, they have deceived mankind for so long that they have to employ me to transmit this imformation to you. I personally do not care what you elect to believe but for those seeking the truth, well, here it is.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
The best alien hoaxes are created by aliens. This is factual knowledge that you need to incorporate into your intellect regardless of your belief's. I am sure all these people who see "bigfoot" or any other shoe-size creature are telling the absolute truth, just as they experienced it. That does not make it real They were just the audience for an alien show. Humans have been studied by (and altered) by aliens since we can down from the trees and moved into caves. Aliens know human weakness'es and play upon them. They show you and animal image and you automatically assume you are smarter than it is. You haven't a clue. There is never just a single alien. NEVER. If you can see it, you are already at their mercy. They always have you trapped before they reveal themselves to you. They know humans as stupid, dangerous creatures and take appropriate steps to control you. Tracking a "bigfoot" and trying to capture it is equivalent to you trying to capture Chicago all by yourself. You cannot sneak up on them, they mark you with several hundred or thousand of themselves and follow you the rest of your life, you become their home and they will propogate and grow within you. These people are genius'es, they have deceived mankind for so long that they have to employ me to transmit this imformation to you. I personally do not care what you elect to believe but for those seeking the truth, well, here it is.

Is there a translator in the house?

Seriously, are you saying that the skunk ape aka bigfoot is an alien and they are trapping us? And I'm not sure what these alien skunk apes have to do with Chicago.

I am having a very difficult time with equating a sasquatch to an advanced race from another world, I cannot possibly see how the two can be related. Care to elaborate?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Crazy, to me. I have run into BigFoot before and though it does not make me an expert, it does have a way of making me look at these sorts of stories in a rather sceptical way. I am not sceptical of BigFoot, but the story tellers. I have not done much to reserch the back ground of this particular story, but on the surface it does not sound right. I do not think you find BigFoot by going out with the intention of finding one. You would be sending out so many vibes that you would scare off anything.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by jmdewey60]

[edit on 2-1-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
Crazy, to me. I have run into BigFoot before and though it does not make me an expert, it does have a way of making me look at these sorts of stories in a rather sceptical way. I am not sceptical of BigFoot, but the story tellers. I have not done much to reserch the back ground of this particular story, but on the surface it does not sound right. I do not think you find BigFoot by going out with the intention of finding one. You would be sending out so many vibes that you would scare off anything.

If bigfoot were an animal, than as all hungry animals, food will unfocus the creature wariness to danger over the smell of an easy and fast tasty treat. Every living thing lets its guard down at one moment or other. Tell us of your bigfoot run in.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The first BigFoot encounter was when I was sixteen. I got bored one night and walked down to the woods that were about three quarters of a mile from our house. I walked under a canopy of large live oak trees. It was very dark. There was no moon out, and it was overcast, to where you could not see any stars. I was just standing there, without moving, for ten or fifteen minutes. I heard something walking along, just inside of the edge of trees. Past that, was a large open field. It was following the edge of the field, but it stayed under the shadows of the trees. I could hear its foot steps as it walked on the deep layer of oak leaves. It was a ways off and was coming along from the opposite side of the woods, than the side that I had entered from. This section of the woods, it was pretty narrow. It followed a depression with a small creek in the bottom. The woods were a lot narrower on his side of the creek than my side. So he was real close to the creek. When it got even with where I was standing, it went right over the creek and walked straight towards me. From the sound of its foot steps I could tell it was moving bi-pedaly. I started to get a little worried at that point but did not move. I noticed that it had to be a lot heavier than a person because of how far each step went through the leaf layer. It was a lot taller than a person. It ended up about four feey away from me and I was looking at its belly. It reached up and grabbed a tree limb that was probubly twelve feet above the ground. It pulled on it and it made a loud swishing sound. I looked up and could see a large section of sky where part of the tree was moved away and he pulled the limb back and forth. Up to this point, I had remained calm but then a feeling came up through my body. Once that fear came over me, I tuned really fast and got myself clear of the area, amd went back home. For some reason, I did not feel like telling anyone about it.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
jmdewey-Nice report. So were you actually standing or sitting when it came within 4 feet of you? Did you get a look at its face? Did you go back to that area to see if there were any tracks left behind?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I was standing in the same spot, the whole time. I think that is why it did not notice me until it was very close. I think that my not moving, and it walking along towards me kept it from knowing I was there, until it got close enough to smell me. Just my opinion. No, I did not get a close look at its face. There was nothing to see, really, untill it was waking towards me. Then, it was just a dark blob. When it got closer, it was more like a silhouette. I think it got worse after it moved the tree limb. There was not enough light to brighten things up, but enough, that my looking at the sky for a few seconds, mde my vision worse. I seriously think that BigFoot does not want people looking at it. The fact that it was so rediculously dark was the only reason it got so close. I have no explaination for this whole event other than it was curious why someone would be just standing in the dark, by himself, in the middle of the night.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yeah, I kind of agree with you about Bigfoot not wanting to be seen. It appears to be quite reclusive, and most of the videos you see of it, it appears to be trying to get out of the area as quick as possible, particularly when it looks in the direction of the person filming it.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I see your ATS locater shows S.W.Florida. Is that the local your encounter occurred. That should be in alligator alley area and everglades.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join