It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bhutto's son, husband to succeed her

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

NAUDERO, Pakistan - Benazir Bhutto's 19-year-old son was chosen Sunday to succeed her as chairman of her opposition party, extending Pakistan's most famous political dynasty but leaving the real power to her husband, who will serve as co-chairman.

As great as a leader as she was and as much as the people loved her, I always questions decisions like this
I understand that the apple never falls far from the tree but was this truly the best choice or was this an irrational choice made out of emotion?

as for her son

Her son, Bilawal Zardari, a student with no experience in politics, said he would remain at Oxford University, leaving his father, Asif Ali Zardari, who was officially designated co-chairman, as the effective leader of the country's largest political party.

and the father

Zardari, who spent eight years under detention on corruption charges in Pakistan before his release in late 2004, is a party powerbroker who served as environment minister in Bhutto's second government. He has denied the charges of large-scale graft during his wife's rule.

How do you guys feel about this?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
kleverone I think you got the format of this thread of this thread wrong for the breaking news forum. Anyway as for the topic I suspect that the selection Zardari reflects a mixture of Pakistan cultural and heritage. Pakistan has been independent for only sixty years along with the self governance that came with the British pulling out.

I'm no expert in these matter but I would venture that a young monarchy or tribal leader would have have been groomed by elders or some kind of mentor before assuming power in the future. I think that is what we are seeing here well that is my ten cents any way.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
kleverone I think you got the format of this thread of this thread wrong for the breaking news forum.

Could you please explain to me what you mean by wrong?

There is a link to the article and several external quotes from the story.

Normally there is a auto format just like in ATS that formats it for you, but PTS doesn't offer that option for me when I posted so I and to add the story snippet through an external text. Format is still the same though as far as I can tell.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
kleverone check your U2U inbox for my reply.
Cheers xpert11.

new topics

top topics

join