It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the New England Patriots the greatest NFL team of all time?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

In short if the PATS win the Superbowl then the answer to your question is yes. If they don't win it all... they'll be on ESPN in 50 years as one of the biggest let downs of all time.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The Patriots have the strongest claim to the title "best team ever."

1. They went 16-0 in a salary cap era.
2. They're faster and bigger than previous football teams (Dolphins, Steelers, Bears).
3. Their offense is the best of all-time, and their defense is among the best in the league this year.
4. They beat nearly all of the big teams on the way to their record. Jacksonville and Green Bay were the only top teams they didn't play.

If they win the Super Bowl I think they have to be considered the best.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
New England has one of the best offensive units ever to set foot on a football field. The same, however, cannot be said of their defense.

A strong team with a good running attack has a good chance of beating the Pats. Ball control. That, and their run defense is showing weakness, imo.

The Pats could also use a good running back. Moroney is OK, but not consistent.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
If they're 19-0 this time next month than I'd say they are certainly in the conversation.

All things being equal, Pittsburgh of the 70's give them all they want. As does San Francisco in the 80's (much as it pains me to say that).

A power running game will give them fits, if that team is patient and just keeps pounding them, mix in a little play action to keep the safties honest and you've got a shot.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
New England has one of the best offensive units ever to set foot on a football field. The same, however, cannot be said of their defense.

A strong team with a good running attack has a good chance of beating the Pats. Ball control. That, and their run defense is showing weakness, imo.

The Pats could also use a good running back. Moroney is OK, but not consistent.

LOL. The Jaguars had the best running duo in the league and they got 66 yards combined.

As a Pats fan I'm always more worried about the pass.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
As a Niners fan of over 25 years I can say this is the most complete team I've ever seen. It begins and end with Belicheck. He just knows how to win.

If Craig hadn't dropped the ball in 1990 NFC championship game and led to the Niners 3peating, there would be a discussion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join