It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda uses rap to encourage youth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

[Edited on 2/9/2004 by TekNo88]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
They said they don't like tyrants like Saddam, but they want to kill the ones who got rid of him? #ing Mother#ing Cocksuckers! I kill them Sons of Bitches!

whew.....

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I dont think rap encourages anything other than stupidity. Look at some of Eminem's lyrics:

.....the ringleader of this circus of worthless pawns, Sent to lead the march right up to the steps of congress and piss on the lawns of the white house. Burn the flag and replace it with a parental advisory sticker, and spit liquor in the face of this democrac of hypocrisy. F_ You Mrs. Cheney, F_ You Tipper Gore.

This is just as bad as that Al-queda rap, but I see no kids doing this.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
i tell ya ...... i dont think they like us!

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
yeah, i hate rap...But when i look around at school and just about everywhere i go i see todays teens going more and more "gangsta"

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Yea, my brother is trying to go "gangsta". Its extremely annoying. He keeps saying "dawg, and ghetto, and homes" If he keeps doin this he might get up by some real gangsters. lol.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mouko_ryuu
They said they don't like tyrants like Saddam, but they want to kill the ones who got rid of him? #ing Mother#ing Cocksuckers! I kill them Sons of Bitches!

whew.....

It's catchy....put a good beat to it, and it's a Chart Topper for sure !!

MC Mouko Ryuu...ft Lil' Romeo, Jay-Z, Outkast, Goody Mob, Wyclef Jean, Snoop Dogg, Diddy, Missy Elliott, Beyonce, 50 Cent, Chingy, Cee-Lo, and last but not least Busta Rhymes
"I Kill Them Sons Of Bitches"
From the upcoming album, "F**king Motherf**king C**ksuckers"
Not For Television Productions.

Hey, we are the ones who thought Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer were good....

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
this really isnt the place for this but im going to have to prove a point. for everyone that believes all "rap" to be gangsters and hoodlums. please take the time to read these lyrics and then tell me that its on the same level.

i wanna follow the footprints across my lovers stomach
i wanna call out her name before i plummet
i wish i had a map of the terrain
so i could step around the landmines
avoid the beasts under the bed
that breathe at bad times
i wanna find these here so-called treasures
the pleasures the trinkets the never-ending weekends
acknowledging that i'm still just a piece of the sequence
but seein these different footprints got me needin to show my WEAKNESS
TIMELINES, timezones
i cross em with my eyes closed
memorize the landmarks and learn the cycles
the weather patterns
how the seasons affect
the east and the west
of each region learn the cycles
forget about the fact that
many trails have been tracked
maybe it's a plus that there's a path
if this was some uncharted land
i'd have to be a smarter man
willing to travel the farthest
to unravel the harvest
and natural resources are unlimited
exploration only required some desire and INITIATIVE
take your time to find the right way to climb
it ain't safe to play games with natures mind

if i
could show you
you would
never
leave it

i wanna ride a train
up my lovers arm
stop off at the brain
to hop out and find out whats goin on
cut through trees
and ride through rocks
synchronize the universal sundial to my watch
i've seen a lot
but not quite as much as her
to top it off the memory and the imagination blur
but i know she's been put through hell
i can feel it
and i know she's touched heaven as well
tryin to steal it
it came on and it taught her a song
IT strung her along
and it caught her when her guard was gone
now to the break of dawn
she's tryin to fill what fits
and all her family and friends is tryin to seal them lips
but i ain't dumb
i can HEAR that train come from miles away
settin obstacles to stop the arrival
i'm gonna blow up that iron and wood road
from what i understood those
be the ORIFICE of its survival
my recital
another tantrum
because she's highly excitable
swinging a random
no happy endings always off to a bad start
addictive
VOYEURISTIC to the trackmarts

and if i
could show you
you would
never
leave it

one makes money, the other does not.
there is a big line between hip hop and gangster rap.
not that this will changes peoples mind but at least i tried.

and as far as AQ using it to influence the youger generations, even they see it as something they can use to influence the younger generations.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
There is good in bad in every genre of music, but I think that overall rap is mostly a bad influence.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
I dont think rap encourages anything other than stupidity. Look at some of Eminem's lyrics:

.....the ringleader of this circus of worthless pawns, Sent to lead the march right up to the steps of congress and piss on the lawns of the white house. Burn the flag and replace it with a parental advisory sticker, and spit liquor in the face of this democrac of hypocrisy. F_ You Mrs. Cheney, F_ You Tipper Gore.

This is just as bad as that Al-queda rap, but I see no kids doing this.

This shyte made him a very rich man. If he lived in Russia he would be behind bars right now that's for sure.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

There is good in bad in every genre of music, but I think that overall rap is mostly a bad influence.

I agree with you

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
i would have to say country music is the worst influence of all.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Not that I am a fan of country, but I've never really heard a country song or singer talk badly about America, except for those dumb@ss Dixie Chix. I think rather than being a bad influence, country music is more twangy.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
yeah your right, but dont you remeber mars attacks. the country music killed them, thats got to stand for something.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ihatethisplace
yeah your right, but dont you remeber mars attacks. the country music killed them, thats got to stand for something.

lol...country music is evil

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
well at least we can agree on that

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Firstly whats wrong with hating saddam and hating america? i hate them both and i got no problems with admitting it... as for the rap debate... i take it most you guys are rockers? i love rock music with a passion but i like some hip-hop too... now there is a difference between rap and hip-hop 9hip-hop being less agressive and more focused on fun and stuff) but even rap is ok... you just gotta open your mind and realise its a different type of talent... how many of you guys could rap freestyle for 5 minutes without missing a ryhme or losing rhythm... very very few i'd wager... as for al-qaeda using rap to send out a message... if the USA can use propaganda through hatever means possible then so can anyone else... terrorist or not

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Bad music is a bad influence on me. For instance, when I hear Creed, I want to kill Creed, when I hear Good Charlotte, I want to kill Good Charlotte. When I hear country, I want to blow up everything south of Wappello County. That's just the way it is.

Music doesn't cause violence, bad music does.

specialasianX--I have no problem with rap, hip hop, etc., it's just not my thing. I've been a punk rocker since I was old enough to say "sex pistols". I may not be able to freestyle for five minutes without missing a beat or dropping a rhyme, but I can sure as hell improvise something on my guitar and make up the words to go with it for five minutes
Also, good call on the propaganda thing. I was going to put that in my post, but spaced it off.

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by kaoszero]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
bad music seems to be all the rage these days. it seems as if people actually enjoy being force fed garbage. but then again what do i know. to most people, i listen to all bad music.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaoszero

Bad music is a bad influence on me. For instance, when I hear Creed, I want to kill Creed, when I hear Good Charlotte, I want to kill Good Charlotte. When I hear country, I want to blow up everything south of Wappello County. That's just the way it is.

Music doesn't cause violence, bad music does.

specialasianX--I have no problem with rap, hip hop, etc., it's just not my thing. I've been a punk rocker since I was old enough to say "sex pistols". I may not be able to freestyle for five minutes without missing a beat or dropping a rhyme, but I can sure as hell improvise something on my guitar and make up the words to go with it for five minutes
Also, good call on the propaganda thing. I was going to put that in my post, but spaced it off.

Hey i'm a punker too man... (no mo-hawk and what not but the heart is there) its only a recent thing that i like hip-hop as i figure i dont wanna keep myself locked onto one genre forever so i'm expanding and hip-hop is the best i found... i dont like metal all that much, country music reminds me of inbreds, and pop... well lets not start on pop music (or the biggest oxymoron pop-punk)... but yeah i play bass and guitar... and i love the way you dont pay out on rap but admit its not your thing

top topics

<<   2 >>

join