It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: FBI Going After Peace Activists?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
DES MOINES, Iowa � A federal judge has ordered a university to turn over records about a gathering of anti-war protesters. Subpoenas have also been served on four antiwar protesters who attended a Nov. 15 forum at Drake University apparently by the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force.

In addition to records about who attended the event, the subpoena asks the university to divulge all records relating to the local Chapter of the National Lawyer's Guild, a New York based legal activist organization which sponsored the forum.

www.theiowachannel.com...

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Freedom of speech - the first victim of the Patriot Acts, but definitely not the last.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Vietnam 2.

It is rediculous. Period

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Mad props, Ocelot. I was going to post this story, but got beat to it. This one hit's close to home, since I live in Iowa and have attended anti-war protests.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I was alarmed at first by this headline - but then i saw they were going after lawyers...

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
OMG!!!

We can't let this happen!!
My Daddy fought 2 wars for my Freedom!

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
the ball begins to roll. here is the first step in makeing it easier for the govt to lable americans as terrorist. freedom of speech is slowly getting pushed out the door...the question is how far will it get pushed before the american population reacts?? my opinion...probably all the way out, the door will be shut, locked and have armed soldiers gaurding it

we have a front row seat to the beginning of the end of the american way of life as we know it......oh, the stories we will be able to shamefully tell our kids and grandkids.......................

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
So.....shouldn't the FBI be looking more closely at this gent also...I mean I know it was a LONG time ago...but hey he could get into office and "bam" things change

To give credit where credit is due, clearmind posted this on ATS first, (about Kerry being at a peace rally), under the heading of Kerry the Peace Activist , as I was uploading the pic, but it still raises questions on the "war hero" bit the promote about Kerry...just like Bush...and all the others

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
we might as well lay down and play dead now!
we give up all our power to these maniacs and we deserve to go down because we let them do it, while we sit back and talk about it.
it makes me wonder if EVERYONE is doing their part to get the message out to the citizens of this country, that its only a matter of time before the # hits the fan, abd all hope is lost.
i truly believe the masses of america alone can overcome the tyranny being waved in front of us.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I can't believe this! The judge is ordering the students to stop a peaceful protest!? What he's basically saying is "I don't care about peace. I care about the law of this country." Now if the students were harming other people during the protest that would be different.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This is bull#.

When are people going to realize what's going on? Our freedoms are going away. ANARCHY! >_>

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
They done the same back in the sixties that is why they took away some of there power and is the same thing they swore would not happen again if they got the power back. That didnt take long did it?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Before you all jump to conclusions you should know the subpoenas were dropped and that the whole reason into the investigation was related to some individuals who had trespassed into Camp Dodge.

After almost a week of controversy, the U.S. attorney in Des Moines dropped four subpoenas against local peace protesters and one subpoena against Drake University Tuesday.

O'Meara said the investigation "does not relate to the rally held at STARC Armory on Nov. 16." He confirmed his office is investigating an event that occurred at Camp Dodge at or about the same time as the peace rally at STARC Armory.

www.theiowachannel.com...

top topics

join