It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry Populace Burning British Surveillance Cameras

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perplexed
Do you self righteous "follow the speed limit" posters ever read these posts before commenting? Did you see this link that someone posted on the first page? It is all about CASH and nothing more and this link proves it.

www.speedcam.co.uk...

That's what you call proof!? Some guy on a website saying:

All the cameras on this page are solely for raising revenue as I can't see any other reason for their presence.

Please...

And the crap about it being dangerous, people going at 60mph and having to quickly slow down to 40mph to avoid the cameras... the speed signs are big and red, so that you can see them a mile off and gradually start slowing down so that when you pass them you are travelling at 40mph. It's the driver's fault if they slam the brakes on instead of just gradually slowing down, like you're meant to.

Unfortunately I can't find the Top Gear interview with the UK transport minister, but as funny as it may be, he does make some good points, like the fact that speed cameras are only put up in accident blackspots where a certain amount of accidents have occurred, and the government doesn't even make that much money off of them.

I never got how people can complain about speed cameras, it's not that hard to keep under the speed limit. And the way they openly admit that they illegally speed around when there's no cameras, it's like going round saying that there shouldn't be security cameras overlooking shop windows, because I want to go and burgle the shops!

Well if these people think it's cool to speed around, let's see their faces when one of their kids is hit and killed by some speeding lunatic and for some reason the camera wasn't even working to catch who it was or deter them from speeding in the first place.

In an ideal country people would just keep to the speed limits without the need for speed cameras, but in this day and age we unfortunately need them. It's like when you used to be able to go out and leave your front door unlocked, but now you have to invest in a decent security system and rely on laws because people don't care for goodwill anymore.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis

Do you self righteous "follow the speed limit" posters ever read these posts before commenting? Did you see this link that someone posted on the first page? It is all about CASH and nothing more and this link proves it.

www.speedcam.co.uk...

That's what you call proof!? Some guy on a website saying:

All the cameras on this page are solely for raising revenue as I can't see any other reason for their presence.

Each picture on the page gives a good explanation and a good argument for the camera only being there for cash generation. Either you are too lazy to read the entire page or you are a troll for the camera enforcement NWO party... I suspect it's the latter and you are just too lazy to read beyond the first paragraph.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Perplexed

I'm sorry, but I'm with malganis.

Whatever you guys come up with as arguments against speed camera's, at the end of the day, your only bitching because you get fined for speeding.

How do you avoid this?

Don't speed!!! Jeebus, it isn't hard, is it?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Either you are too lazy to read the entire page or you are a troll for the camera enforcement NWO party... I suspect it's the latter...

lol well dang you got me there! Camera enforcement NWO party to the bone, me!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join