It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru's 'First Phase' Due Fall 2009!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
OK so degree's do not matter. HAHAHAHA. So a carpenter can then choose an appropriate chemotherapy treatment for a cancer patient. Absolutely insane. I have read things on Planet X and all I see are people trying to sell books without any hard data to prove it. Antarctica is a great place for a telescope since there are not alot of lights around. Without light pollution, you will get awesome results.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
And to be a wise guy - the Earth isn't round. It's an Oblate Spheroid.

sty

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xnibirux

very interesting link, thank you for posting. I really love astronomy and i read quite some materials on the subject. Well, 90% of the observed stars would have a "companion" , so there is 90% chance we got one as well. The ancient mythology talks about it - for example we have the story of Noah in more than 400 cultures/myths across the planet, then the Sumerians talking about "nibiru" (this is how we got this name in the end ) etc , i guess we have a good chance Nibiru exists. However, I do not really think that giving a precise date in 2012 would be realistic , unless the data was based on the solar cycle (we already got predicted a furious 2011-2012 maximum solar cycle with 50%-80% increased sunspot activity) . I guess the only way to know it is to check www.spaceweather.com from time to time..

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xnibirux

This picture of the so called planet X looks like a sun dog to me.

Source

Here's a sun dog.

Source

The real sun is to the left of the one in the picture.

I hate doomsday predictions.

[edit on 12/29/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Not to nickel and dime this one, but estimates are 25% to, at most, 50% of star systems are binary systems (2 or more). Could we be in a binary system? Possible. Would we have 9 planets that are still orbiting one star? Not too possible. Some/most/all would have been either sucked in or flung away.

sty

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by harddrive21
Some/most/all would have been either sucked in or flung away.
- well , i guess we do not have a any way to measure that , maybe it did happen. Nibiru supporters would show the asteroids belt as an example

[edit on 29-12-2007 by sty]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Well the asteroids in that belt would have been flung away. Look at what Jupiter did to Shoemaker Levy 9. It tore it from 1 comet to 9 fragments. If something big in mass swung by the asteroid belt it would start eating/flinging it everywhere.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
And Solarskye is right - Sun dogs explain those photos.

A sun dog or sundog (scientific name parhelion, plural parhelia, i.e. "beside the sun") is a common bright circular spot on a solar halo. It is an atmospheric optical phenomenon primarily associated with the reflection or refraction of sunlight by small ice crystals making up cirrus or cirrostratus clouds. Two or more sundogs can often be seen on opposite sides of the sun simultaneously.
en.wikipedia.org...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Take a read...

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I do agree that those were photographs of sundogs, but that doesn't mean Nibiru doesn't exist. Those photographs are just people trying to prove it can be seen by naked eye, but not until Fall of 2009.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Hey buddy your 6 years late, it first entered and was visible in 2003
thanks

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianVandal

Thanks, looks like the OP missed that part. (Even though it was clearly stated on the link he gave us.) But no harm done

Peace out,
FK

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by xnibirux
Here is where it can be seen Antarctica

According to that site it was due to pass by in 2003.

Care to explain?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by xnibirux
Here is where it can be seen Antarctica

According to that site it was due to pass by in 2003.

Care to explain?

Dont let that worry you. They always change the dates when the prediction doesn't come true, which is approximately....all the time....

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Somebody mentioned that the sun is not rising and setting in its usual place,
now that should not be difficult to verify, surely someone out there has some sunsets photos a few years back with the necessary dates and fix points.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Some people believe anything... I am open to possibilities but when people such as the OP come on here and make a statement then ask us to discuss it without any evidence or proof or SOMETHING... it really makes me

If we're doing the whole statement without evidence thing then here's mine..Nibiru is a load of BS, and doesn't exist.. it's just one more thing for people to write about and sell books and get people diving for cover on a particular date.. meanwhile, the normal people carry on with their daily lives and somehow, despite the panic and worldwide devastation, survive.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by starstuck

Thats because the earth tilts with seasons. The sun is never going to be in the exact same place on a daily basis hence the equinox and solstices. Its yet again common knowledge turned into a pile of BS by someones paranoia

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 30/12/2007 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
ok i have a question how fast is this thing moving. i remember someone a while back say that if theyre were coming back was impossible because for something cant live that long. i mentioned that i they were going close to the speed of light that speed dilation might occur. what also have to consider is the enormous size of the universe and what an actual "lightyear" is if this thing is 4 light years away then it would be hear in a little over 4 year assuming they can travel at those speeds.

and also is there something outside our solar system that could possibly "bent" the direction that this object moves in causing it to slow down or sumthing like that as they get closer. also when it arrives where will the other planets be and will that have any affect on the direction.

i thought that this was like a planet or something but not sumthing the size of our sun. i havent been into this subject recently so dismiss my comments if they dont apply.

my 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Whilst a hitherto undiscovered companion brown dwarf star - orbiting maybe a light year out and occasionally perturbing comets - is possible, for such a star to approach the inner system on a regular basis would simply mean we wouldn't be here. Our presence on a planet with a stable, near circular, orbit proves such a body does not exist.

In any case, the idea any such body approaching the inner system was invented by Zechariah Sitchin in the 1970s.

As for being visible only from Antarctica, that too is physically impossible. Any body in the southern sky would be visible at some point of the year from every place in the S Hemisphere. And body close to the Sun would be visible from every single place on the planet.

Simple fact is: it does not, and cannot, exist.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
How can we see all these planets and stars, galaxies, comets, asteroids etc.., but we cannot see this planet X.

Don't you know, that Nibiru is hiding behind the sun?

Always, except when it want's to come close and wreak havoc, that is..

How can you all be so ignorant and narrow minded? People believe in it. That must mean it's real!

[edit on 30-12-2007 by deezee]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
As for being visible only from Antarctica, that too is physically impossible. Any body in the southern sky would be visible at some point of the year from every place in the S Hemisphere. And body close to the Sun would be visible from every single place on the planet.

Simple fact is: it does not, and cannot, exist.

Oh, come on..

From what i've read around here, it seems that earth is standing still on this side of the sun, with planet X approaching from behind it.

All this proves, is that astronomy is wrong, when it says earth orbits the sun.. Only Nibiru does.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join