It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I really need some advice!!!!!!!!!!

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Text well i really want to join the military by this summer but i just dont know if i should go to the Army or the Air Force. I was wondering if anybody could tell me which branch is better. Also if you could tell me why you think that branch is good of bad it would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!




posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Ask Medic. I think he could fill you in. Use the u2u.



posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
My advice? Don't fight for a government that goes to war only for the benifit of big corporations.



posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Join Interpoll, they always sounded Cool, but thier not really an army.

Join the navy seals!

Deep



posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What are you interested in doing? What are you looking to get out of your military service? What kind of shape are you in?



posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
If I had to join the military, I'd probably aim for a navy pilot.
Submarine would be cool, too.
SEAL would also be pretty cool, but I'm probably not that good at hand to hand combat.



posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Guy's, This kid is looking for guidence. I have heard it said here that given a choice wouldn't do it again. I've also heard you can't keep me from that. I can't help here, I'm to old. Help him. What do you think.



posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier
What are you interested in doing? What are you looking to get out of your military service? What kind of shape are you in?


I want to get training that i would never get in the civilian world. I want to learn little of everything. But my interest in the Army or the Air Force would be "Intelligence." Also im in great shape.



posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'm goin to basic @ Lackland AFB in may. I joined the USAF because I'm interested in aviation, wanna join the aeroclub, the benefits, living conditions, and the way of life. Travel baby lol



posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I laways wanted to be a fighter pilot and i have good grades and all... the only thing is these air force career dudes came to school and told me i was t inches to tall to sit in a cockpit... so i resorted to a life of partying... but dont join the military of the US dude!!! i would;ve joined the Aussie Army and maybe look towards SAS but i dont agree with the wars we are fighting so i wont join...

i reccomend the French Foreign Legion tough but will built alot of character... that and you learn another language



posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by planetlegend
Text well i really want to join the military by this summer but i just dont know if i should go to the Army or the Air Force. I was wondering if anybody could tell me which branch is better. Also if you could tell me why you think that branch is good of bad it would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!


Go join the Air Force, get the keys to F-22 and have fun flying over residental areas.



posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
If you want intel both are good. It comes down to how much time you want to spend in the field. In the Army you will be in the field unless you get a strategic job. Also if you go Army you WILL go to Iraq. Your AIT for intelligence MOS's are pretty long but I have a feeling we will be over there for a while so you'll get your chance to go. I recomend you start studying for the ASVAB. It's an easy test but you want to ensure you ace it so you will have your choice of MOS. Also do your research so you don't end up getting a job you don't want.


[Edited on 9-2-2004 by Soldier]



posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Let see here, did this research a little bit ago.

Army
pros:
Signing bonus
choice of duty station
faster advancement
more dignity than airforce
more jobs
more bases to choose from
weight limit is less than Air force

cons:
longer bootcamp
still have room mates
more expected than airforce
Better chace of deployment

Air Force:
pros:
Easy job
usually stay where you want
some signing bonus (not as good as army)
less expected of you
no infantry

cons:
less dignity (branchwise, they have the least)
wont advance as fast
cant only pick duty station after you get your job


Airforce is an easier way of life overall, but the army has more pride.

Good website to check out:

www.about.com...

Click on the career link, then go to military.
Very informative website.



posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by grankor
Let see here, did this research a little bit ago.

Army
pros:
Signing bonus
choice of duty station
faster advancement
more dignity than airforce
more jobs
more bases to choose from
weight limit is less than Air force

cons:
longer bootcamp
still have room mates
more expected than airforce
Better chace of deployment

Air Force:
pros:
Easy job
usually stay where you want
some signing bonus (not as good as army)
less expected of you
no infantry

cons:
less dignity (branchwise, they have the least)
wont advance as fast
cant only pick duty station after you get your job


Airforce is an easier way of life overall, but the army has more pride.

Good website to check out:

www.about.com...

Click on the career link, then go to military.
Very informative website.


you actually get a list of available locations to go during the last part of basic.



posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Sorry guys and gals....moving this to ChitChat in/on Belowtopsecret (tab at top right of your screen), because it does not deal with Military $Government Projects.

Sorry for the inconvenience.




regards
seekerof



posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I think its stupid to join the military this is just a personal opinion but the safe is the navy/airforce i guess less chance of death.



posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Sorry guys and gals....moving this to ChitChat in/on Belowtopsecret (tab at top right of your screen), because it does not deal with Military $Government Projects.

Sorry for the inconvenience.




regards
seekerof


You party pooper Seekerof LOL!

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by drunk]



posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
planetlegend,

in the Navy the officers and the peons are literally *all in the same boat*

you're less likely to be used as cannon fodder



posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
In the Army and Marine's your officers are fighting along side you (platoon leaders) and in the Air Force the officers do all the flying/fighting.



posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condorcet
planetlegend,

in the Navy the officers and the peons are literally *all in the same boat*

you're less likely to be used as cannon fodder



HAHAHAHAHA

Nice pun there.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join