It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]UFO Video No one will Host..??[HOAX]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAvenger

Sorry, I meant AVI, I tried converting it to .mov but quicktime couldn't play it either.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Why don't you just post the file itself so we can have a go at it?

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
MPlayer is a universal, opensource player. It Has all the codes you may want. It plays from flv's to swf's thru avis, mpgs, mpegs, mp4s ... all the formats you can think of. If it fails, Timeslice had sent you corrupt data....no more questions on that

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Yes please post a link to the file so we can try! Faster way to determine if its a codec problem

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
There's really absolutely no reason why it shouldn't work if it's in the proper format (as was encoded) and the viewer has all the proper codecs needed to view the video. That's what leads me to believe the OP simple took a text file and changed the extension via rename to .avi. Who knows what exciting message you'll find within the text! Most likely just 2.7 megs worth of characters.

Ah! It was .avi originally, didn't see your new post. Swapped the names. I wondered why the OP would claim it's a .avi file and a send a .mov.

[edit on 29-12-2007 by Donoso]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
springer you could try g-spot if you think it's a missing codec problem, it will analyze the video and let you know which codecs you need to play the video.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'll have Johnny upload the whole file to the site and post a link to it here for everyone to have a crack at it.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I have offered to host the vid on my site (with no worries of it ever being deleted) both here and in U2U. Has anyone gotten any kind of response from the OP?

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
There are programs out there that can determine what codec you need. Likely, the file may be encodded with a codec that is no longer in use (due to age or old version) or not on the sytem trying to play it. .avi is just a container containing the video and different codecs can be used within the .avi format. being the OP stated the file was on a windows 98 system, the codec is possbibly no longer in use or proprietary to some long-gone program.

I haven't tried this one - but there is a program at www.bands.com... . Other programs like this are available.

If you are still having problems openign this file, I can take a crack at it and see what's up. I work with video all the time (my job) - so I could probably break the codec if needed.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Well done springer! hopefully we can get somewhere now,

Have cookies!

link   
reply to post by tvgraphics

I'll have Johnny upload the whole file to the site and post a link to it here for everyone to have a crack at it.

Springer...

link   
Hundreds of people here with mass amounts of computer experience why not I think this is just an exploit to pull out the lurkers and perhaps bump the numbers before December 31 tax time................

Like stocks

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I bet if you use vlc player it would play easily.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by iohen
man, this is just crazy, everybody is just going berserk.

Its kinda a weaknes of the forums. An open discussion, an atractive name for a thread, a few posts in it and we have a mad crowd here.

I am following this thread, couse I want to see everybody (and the mods aswell) reaction on the hoax this is turning out to be.

- no supporting information
- no further clues into the video content
- ridiculous lenght of video, than being even shortened to half

- no emails from youtube or that other video-server
- file is corrupt

Its simply fun to watch you guys. This has HOAX written all over it. What a dumb thread gets you all started, simply amazing.

Will seen a post something similar, than keep it from you for a while, couse its night and/or my computer gets broken, than I send it to the mods = file will be coruupt and I will blame me for not being competent with the computer.

HAHAHA ridiculous.

Don't hold back now, tell everybody how you really feel. Who cares about the rules on ATS right? Who cares about being respectful to fellow members! If you don't like the thread or the way it is headed, or how other members are following or reacting to it, stay away from the thread.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I have to agree with Springer we have no reason not to believe TimeSlice yet so lets just keep things in perspective for the moment.

I do also think this whole situation seems a bit fishy. Its what we do here though! Fishing out the fact from the fiction.

Just an interesting side note I'm not implying anything here but there is a film company called Time-Slice that does special effects etc. You can download different bits of there work from the Time-Slice website in quicktime format. Will be interesting to see the clip. I know there is looking to much in to things but i thought this was interesting enough to share here.

Time-Slice Website

I hope our critical ways don't seem to harsh for TimeSlice if this is real then you the (wo)man

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Keebie

Your insinuation is not only false it's despicable. Your obviously incapable of reading or you would have seen we are posting the file for everyone to work on.

Your gross ignorance of internet business is only out done by your lack of class.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by iohen
man, this is just crazy, everybody is just going berserk.

>>>Snip>>>

HAHAHA ridiculous.

It has some of the hallmarks of a hoax, but there is always the 'what if it is genuine', 1 in a million chance. For me, that means that it has to be given a decent chance to begin with, no matter how bad it looks.

Only the most closed minds dismiss things out of hand without even trying.

I think of it like someone trying to find oil, or a mineral reserve, or a diamond or something... they can try for years, decades even without success, but when they do, it is all worth while. After the 9000th disappointment they could have given up, not knowing if with try 9001 they might finally get lucky...

[edit on 29-12-2007 by Fraank Fontaine]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This thread is the new poll for the top 10 reasons why I love Springer.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I dont mean to sound pompus but my advice would be to stay calm and not judge the OP or the authenticity of his information just yet.

On this site and others I have seen people get frustrated, feel insulted and leave taking thier legitimate arguments with them.

I am sure a lot of us have missed an oportunity out of spite a some point in life, lets not let that happen today.

There are rules here for hoax threads so nobody needs to panic.

After all this site is all about denying ignorance, so lets not become ignorant through impatience, I have waited over 30 years to see something 'real' whats another hour or two?

Take your time and get it right, I am looking forward to this.

Good luck with the video Springer and thanks for the heads up TimeSlice.

Always innocent until proven guilty............

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join