It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purported bin Laden message has warnings for Iraq, Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Purported bin Laden message has warnings for Iraq, Israel

www.cnn.com

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) -- Osama bin Laden warned Iraq's Sunni Arabs against fighting al-Qaeda and vowed to expand the terror group's holy war to Israel in a new audiotape Saturday, threatening "blood for blood, destruction for destruction."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-12-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Wow, this is pretty big, if true.
Not much more to report now.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Its not really that big a deal.
Its just like his last release. A still image picture with audio. Not a "live" video.

My bet is that the analysis will turn out to be the same as the last "video". Bits and pieces of audio clipped together to make a semi-coherent statement. Nothing in it that proves if he is alive or not. Even worse, there are no english subtitles, so most people won't know what he's saying.

You can download the clip from here, courtesy Laura Mansfield.

You can watch the streaming video here. (Nothing to see but his pic)

Still looking for a full transcript.

[edit on 12/29/07 by makeitso]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I thought bin laden was dead long time ago?

Thanks for the post.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
lol what a coincidence after we all saw that Bhutto said Bin laden is dead, he just came back from the dead with a new message.But no video of himself just Audio.This reminds me of 2Pac and people think he is still alive because they hear new songs of him.
I think Zombie Laden is dead and the supporters or whoever needs him quickly made this Tape with some new message to let us not forget that this big threat still lives and is behind every major terror event.Someone still needs the Boogeyman for some reason.At least officialy he is still alive and on the most wanted list.
Or another possibilty is that they try to make Bhutto look like a liar if she lied about Ladens death maybe about anything else. who knows for sure.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
If I were Osama, I'd make a statement about my presence in the form of a visual. Who knows, maybe he is still alive. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the experts say and give time for transcripts to come out.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Here is what is reported to be a rough, (very rough), english google translation.

PDF

Here it is in arabic. Maybe somebody could provide a better translation?

PDF

[edit on 12/29/07 by makeitso]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveAndrew
If I were Osama, I'd make a statement about my presence in the form of a visual. Who knows, maybe he is still alive. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the experts say and give time for transcripts to come out.

Exactly, or you must have a very bad hairday. In his case a fallen out beard. I think one of us have to contact CNN to tell them Bhutto said very matter of factly that the man is dead. I tried but couldn't find an email address on their website. Really. Would be fun if we all emailed CNN.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
For those of you who belive that Osama Bin Laden is alive, where do you think he is?

I for one belive that he is ALIVE and that he is in a CIA Safehouse somewhere.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveAndrew

If Bin Laden is still alive, he is staying alive by keeping a very low profile. One way to keep a low profile is to avoid cameras. Bin Laden will draw less attention to himself if he makes an audio tape in his closet as opposed to having a film crew come out and make a videotape.

If Bin Laden is still alive, he may also be staying alive by radically altering his appearance. If Bin Laden has radically altered his appearance, producing a videotape will blow his cover as it would expose to the world what he now looks like. The videotape would also be less effective because people would not respond to the "new look" Bin Laden as they would respond to the Bin Laden they recognize.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
"Blood for blood.." pffft

He has no idea what pain he's causing the muslim people- he seems to be trying to hurt the west but instead he's hurting his own people by blocking their way for a better future.

Well he can take his message and stick it- erm somewhere, and do us all a favor and go back and hide in his cave where he belongs.

HE better not be in a CIA safe house.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Leyla

"He" does know the pain he is causing the Muslim people. "He" just isn't alive, and this is a collection of phonetic recordings compiled together to create a 'video' to support the myth's foundation. "He" is actually some 'propaganda house' either subcontracted or a wholly owned subsidiary of the CIA.

President Bush would surely be impeached, if not worse, if the truth of Osama's death came out. Osama is 'the foundation' (Al Qaida) for George Bush's foreign policy, or lack there is. All of the other lies, assumptions, and ego-maniacal actions owe their political capital to Osama and the hunt for his person. Without him alive, George Bush's actions would seem all the more fascist and far reaching, and his minimal approval ratings would set all time records for lows.

Without the Ghost of Osama haunting us:
-No real need to be in Afghanistan, unless you consider guarding opium poppies a reason. That, and building of oil pipelines. We didn't stop the Taliban's destruction of World Heritage sites before 9-11...
-The attack of Iraq, and its subsequent occupation seems even more irrational in the face of no WMDs and no Al Qaida in Iraq before invasion. Actions of the president, and members of his administration look even more like war crimes.
-The price inflation/record profits of the oil companies due to market fears over terrorist threats should make a downturn/level off.

Maybe I am wrong. I am willing to admit it. To bad the president isn't. That, and he covers up his lies with Propaganda ghosts.
DocMoreau

[edit on 30/12/2007 by DocMoreau]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
in the OP text, i read the following;

...al Qaeda attaches 'enormous importance' to 'these tribes that have
turned against them, and to the general sense that Sunni-Arab
communities have rejected them more and more around Iraq.'

General D. Petraeus made this known only hours before the release
of the newest OBL audio tape produced by the media arm of al Qaeda.

are these people on the same page or what?
it's almost as if they both had the same strategists and war planners.
because much of the taped message is about Iraqis' falling away from being AQ & insurgents supporters and becoming marginally pro American
(at least as far as deciding that the insurgency are the ones kidnapping and torturing whole communities and it ain't the coalition forces doing 100% of all the bad things happening in their native land)

apc

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Whoever's responsible for these messages, why do people still pay attention to them? Weren't nuclear bombs supposed to go off in a dozen US cities already? Wasn't there supposed to be a massive violent uprising resulting in the death of every westerner in the ME already? I'm still waiting for any of these promises to come true.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I think the Neocons need to find a new hate figure. There are too many people these days laughing at the validity of these so called Bin Laden tapes . Only the faithful right wingers and the half wits still believe. The Pakistani rejection of the Al Qaeda excuse could be a good thing for america. It might be seen as a test bed by some in the administration as to the general level of acceptance within a population to the old lie. Now that it hasn't worked so well, you might not get another 9/11 so readily.

new topics

top topics

join