It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can objects slip through another dimension?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by banyan
I think that is stupid to suppose that, out of all these examples from genuine (innocent until proven guilty) whoevers across the world, it is as simple as just not looking in the right place for whatever object.

While i believe the simple explanations are always way more likely, the experience you described is quite impressive!

I was talking about this subject with my girlfriends brother and he told me what happened to him.

He was in school and dropped a pen to the floor. A girl sitting in front of him immediatelly picked it up, and handed it back to him. This all took only a couple of seconds.

When he then wanted to write with it, he found that the insides of the pen are missing! It was empty. He looked everywhere, but couldn't find it, untill it showed up, a week later in the front compartment of his school bag, which he says was closed at the time, besides, it appears there is no way for the insides to even fall out, without first unscrewing the top.

It does look very interesting, but now that i think of it, it is possible, he took it apart before, and forgot about it, and that the pen was empty, when it fell on the floor, already.

It's impossible to tell for sure, but i think that proposing weird ideas as explanations, really doesn't help at all, especially since many explanations stem from the wrong understanding of some random scientific term.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Anyone heard of the expression "Never put your keys on the table, its means bad luck"... keys disappears ???

I have sometimes done things and not being aware of it. Then i think, wtf did i just do.

One time me and my mom got home, we went through the front door. I went in first and my mom directly after. 10min later she asked me my i didnt lock the door, i said your were last in, so you should have locked the door. But she reply "no i went in first, you forgot to lock"
We both remember it clearly (like rewinding a movie in our heads) but still we have different "experience".

Maybe OT, but maybe worth mention...

Very interesting, keep the stories coming.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Something like that happenned to me when i was 15. I was at a friends house and we were just hanging out in his room. Anyway we started throwing a Nerf boomerang back and forth and once when i threw it at him it hit the wall in the top corner of the ceiling and a flash and it was gone. We both basically crapped ourselves at what we saw. We never left the rrom and removed EVERYTHING piece by piece, no boomerang. Those things were not small either if anyone remembers. True story wish it wasn't.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
My apologies to all for resurrecting this thread that seemed to have died on its own of natural causes but I didn't want to start a new thread on an old phenomenon.

For the past 2 years I've had this strange thing going on that only seems to occur in my house. Things disappear and then when I've given up searching for it, it reappears later. I think everyone has places in their house that remain relatively undisturbed unless you need a particular item from that particular spot. My house is no exception.

I have an old knife that I didn't want to put with my good knives and stuck it in a planter. No particular reason-just too lazy to find a spot for it and stuck it there out of the way. The blade is in the dirt and the handle sticks up in the plant. The plant pretty much obscures the view of the dark handle so unless you're specifically looking for a knife in a potted plant, you probably wouldn't notice it. It turned up missing (I noticed when I went to water the plant). I didn't much care for the knife but since it's a knife, I'd like to know where it did go. I kept the missing knife in mind while casually cleaning my house. For months it remained missing. Then one day it just showed back up in the same potted plant where it had been. I kind of scratched my head and thought maybe Alzheimers was kicking in or something.

Then it happened again with the deed to my house. This is considered "important papers" and kept in a locked box that I access so infrequently that I have to stop to think where I even keep the key for the thing. I scoured the house for that since it was an important paper. A few months later it turned up on top of the microwave. Being obsessive-compulsive and anal-retentive, I have a place for everything and everything in its place. The top of the microwave is not the place for anything. Besides, there's only an inch of space there. I put the paper back in the locked box (after remembering where I left the key). The disappearances kept happening.

I put a security system in place in my house. Still items disappeared. They always reappeared eventually but I was beginning to take note. It occured to me that there might be some sort of "dimensional" oddity but I live in a mobile home and it kept happening even after I moved the mobile home to another location.

A few days ago a crescent wrench showed up by my dryer. I've been lazy (on vacation) all week and haven't even been in my laundry room and I certainly haven't used a crescent wrench. I put it on top of the dryer which is where I put borrowed items to be returned to people since it's by the back door and I'll see it when I get ready to leave someplace. This was not a borrowed item and my one and only crescent wrench was right where it was supposed to be. This was another crescent wrench.

Since it was possible (unlikely but possible) that it belonged to my grown son (who doesn't have a car to drive to my house or a key to get in), I set it on the dryer to take to him next time I visited. Today I went to the freezer (right next to the dryer) to get some food and immediately noticed that the wrench was gone. I live by myself and no one has visited this weekend. I looked behind the freezer, behind the dryer, all through the laundry room and it has disappeared as mysteriously as it originally appeared.

Now, I don't care about a crescent wrench. I still have mine which is where it belongs but this is getting weird and a little annoying. I have ruled out "forgetfulness" as I'm very picky about putting things back where they go. Besides, the crescent wrench is not even mine. I have no idea where it came from or where it went. My son denies having been to my home since last visit.

I'm not frightened or particularly alarmed but I would like an explanation for all these items that keep disappearing and reappearing. There has to be a logical explanation for this but I've ruled out all of the possibilities I can think of. Especially now that the order is changing in that things not previously in the house or owned by me are appearing and THEN disappearing.

My house is not "haunted", I have no previous experience with UFO's or anything paranormal. I don't think I'm crazy or demented. What could possibly explain this oddity?

[edit on 17-8-2008 by whitewave]

[edit on 17-8-2008 by whitewave]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Bumping this as I really need some answers.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
A few odd thing's in my home.

My cat was inside the house i saw her. All the window's and door's were locked i knew where she was i was going to bed so i decided to go make shure the door's were open so she could get to her litter tray.

She was gone.

I looked hi and low for her she was not in the house i dont like not knowing where my cat is the male cat's in my area are nasty and if she need's to get in she will pull the outside door handle to get my attention.

Anyway there was no pull at the door all night bearing in mind i knew there was no way she could have gotten out.

When i went downstair's in the morning she was sitting on the outside of the glass window wanting to get in.

I have also noticed my cat go from one room to another when all the access door's are closed.

Moving on.

Sock's go missing all the time also all the falk's and small spoon's go missing.

The remote control for my bedroom television went missing for week's i open my curtain's every morning and close them every night one day the remote was just there on the windowcill totally impossible.

Now when i cant find something i ask out can you help me find what i lost ?

Almost right away something that i could not find for hell of trying will appear almost instantaniously in a area i am certain i looked.

Very wierd.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 17-8-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Equally bizarre but animals can often find little openings that we can't in places we wouldn't even think to look. Crescent wrenches don't just magically appear and disappear when there's no one else in the house. There has to be an explanation.

Socks often get static cling and stick to the inside of some other article of clothing. Dryer sheet will clear that right up.

Any explanation for the sudden appearance of a tool I have had no need to drag out for years just showing up on my dryer and then disappearing a few days later? Especially when I have a security system, live alone and no one has a key to my house?

Maybe I have no imagination but I can't seem to figure out why these articles just keep leaving and returning. And now they're appearing and then disappearing. It's just darned peculiar.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Venusian12

Well, well, well, weird things happen to me all the time.

Something simular to that happened to me on my B-day. My friend was taking me out for a drink on my B-day one year and I was looking for my licence( I seem to misplace things very often) and she was helping me find it. I looked all throughout my purse, and through the empty pocket in my purse and for some reason I asked her to look in my purse as well. It was not there like it was supposed to be there.

So we kept looking for it for about an hour. We still could not find it. For some reason, I decided to look in my purse again. I looked in the pocket that was supposed to be empty, LOL and to my great surprise, I FOUND IT THERE. We were both shocked. It seemed to have disappeared and then
re-appeared back where it belonged!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have some of those stories, too. My theory is that there are two different things going on: A) dimensional mini-wormholes, B) house fairies.

Yeah, yeah, you can laugh, but here are two types of stories; you'll see the difference.

Type A:

My boss, who is an atheist, science freak, and a total nonbeliever in anything paranormal, told me -- after I pried if anything inexplicable had ever happened to him -- this story: He and his ex-wife had a fight in the bathroom, and he got so frustrated that he grabbed a shampoo bottle and threw it against the wall. After the fight was over and she had stormed out of the bathroom, he wanted to pick up the shampoo bottle... and it was gone. He looked everywhere, and a full-size shampoo bottle should not be hard to find.

A friend of mine once went camping in the Arizonan desert and was sitting down to eat a watermelon. He scooped a little too deep with his spoon, and the spoon got stuck and catapulted out of his hand. He said it was like watching the scene in slow motion: He saw the spoon fly through the air end over end and then fall into a tiny shrub about 2 feet tall and 2 feet in diameter. He looked for the spoon for an hour and could not find it. There were no holes in the ground under or around the bush, and the bush itself was a skimpy little thing.

It seems that in most of these stories, a certain momentum plays a role. It's either objects dropping on the floor or being thrown -- so speed appears to be a factor here. Maybe it's random mini-wormholes that open up when a small body picks up a certain amount of speed? Just a thought.

Now for the other kind, Type B: Things disappearing from where you've put them... and sometimes reappearing.

I've had that numerous times. The most recent one was a small box with a locket with pictures of my grandparents in it that I really treasure. I was sorting out some jewelry I had inherited from my mom; all the baggies and boxes with stuff in them were in a plastic bag. So I dumped the whole bag onto the footend of the bed and clearly saw the blue box with the locket. But when I went to put all the stuff away again, it was missing. I searched the entire bed, the floor, the floor underneath the bed, everything. Gone.

Now you can laugh at me, but I do believe in the tales that fairies like shiny things and sometimes take them. Legend says that if that happens, you can ask them very nicely to bring the object back and it will reappear (if they feel charitable). Just don't get angry with them. So I said: "Dear fairies, I know you like that pendant, but it really means a lot to me. Please bring it back."

The next morning, I found it under my husband's pillow. I swear I had been turning the entire bedroom upside down, I had even looked under the pillows even though there was no way the box could have gotten there from the foot of the bed. And this was only one of many similar incidents.

It is also said that sometimes the fairies bring unexpected GIFTS if they really like you. Here's one of those stories.

One day I found a little box under a bedroom shelf (an open shelf, you can see everything under there). It contained a gold-colored angel pin with an angel message and an angel bookmark. I'd never seen that thing before and asked both my husband and my then 4-year-old if they knew anything about it. They both said no, and neither of them is a prankster by nature. The pin etc. was brandnew, but no one had bought it and no one knew how it had gotten there. It seemingly appeared out of nowhere. I took it as a surprise gift from the fairies.

Call me crazy, but the next time your shiny things -- tongue rings, keys, jewelry -- disappears from where you put them, ask the fairies to please give them back. You may be amazed how well that works.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Ok. Why would fairies bring me a crescent wrench? Do they have a leaky pipe they want me to fix? And if so, why would they take it back again?

I don't totally discount fairies. I suppose anything is possible. I just don't find it very high on the list of probabilities. I'll keep your advice in mind, though. Never know.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
It's a shiny thing, isn't it? They just love anything shiny.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This happened to me a few days ago, I was gonna burn a CD so I went and grabbed one. I set it down on the desk so I could put the other blank cds back and when I went to pick it up it was gone! I was like wtf! My Grandma (I live with my grandparents) was there too and she saw me set it down. We looked for it for about 30 mins before I gave up and just got another CD and this time I held it when I put the others back lol.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Hey! God Is real!
He has talked to me before!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
my sistuation was slightly different to some of the others,i had an exam, on returning home i realised that i still had a girls pencil which i had borrowed so i had it in my hand hoping she wont get mad,i placed my hand on the car window while my brother was in a shop getting pastries,suddenly it jus fell out my hand i knew i had a good grip on it??soon as it fell from my hand i stuck my head through the window i didnt even hear it fall!! looked all inside the car for it since i didnt hear it fall but i new my hand was outside so it must be in the road ,opened the door looking under the car like a hobo on the side walk i even went up and down the street in case it rolled awayNOTHING when my brother came i told him move the car nothing it had nowhere to hide AND i absolutly didnt hear it fall.When i got home i told my mom she said maybe it fell into another dimension! and i was like mom i was thinkin d same thing we laughed but actually considered it, that is my story

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Even though most of the posts are at least a year old, I'll add in my story:

When her aunt died, my mom was given her wedding ring(a simple, very thin, silver-coated ring) and she wore it all the time. Well, one day it disappeared, and my mom was devastated. We searched everywhere, and couldn't find it.

About six months later, out by the side of the garage we found some washer rings on the ground(which was a mystery in and of itself; we hadn't been doing anything with washer rings). I picked them up and showed them to my parents, they looked at them and noticed one wasn't a washer ring- it was my great-aunt's wedding ring.

I have no idea how that worked, and we've always said that it was my aunt giving it back to us(even my mom, who's actually a skeptic).

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Core90]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Awesome thread, this seems to happen to me on a daily basis, And I know where I have put something down and it will just be gone next time I look. I don't know where these things go...maybe the land of misfit toys? Just joking, but really there is a name for this phenomena, the DOPler effect. Some information HERE:

One afternoon I was copying programs using my old Commodore 64 computer in a room designated as the "computer room." The copy program had just instructed me to swap disks, and I remember taking the "original" disk out of the drive and laying it on the desk next to the keyboard. At that time, my mother called me out of the room and I went to see what she needed. Upon my return a few minutes later, I noticed that it was time for another disk swap. The disk was not where I had left it. I looked everywhere. I took all of the disks out of the disk file, looked under the desk - everywhere - and couldn't find it. I left the room, and came back, determined to retrace my steps. When I came back, the same result - nothing. I left again, saying to myself that "enough was enough." When I came back, my first impulse was to check the disk file again. I flipped down the first disk in the file - and there it was - backwards. At that instant, I felt an incredible feeling of dread and could swear that I heard a faint, but amused laugh

^this is a story here's the link for the rest of the article:
paranormal.about.com...

Sorry if it has been posted already...wanted to post then take time to read everyone's stories!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

In quantum physics there is the beleif that photons can exist in two places at once, though I have never heard specifically what these two places are exactly. However, if this is true and all matter is made up of these photons that vibrate at a specific rate to form a solid(which is when they slow down and nearly don't vibrate at all), then what if the photons simply become faster in that object, causing the solid to become no longer solid, think of heating an ice cube till it evaporates, this heating actually does speed up the photons causing the gas "steam" to form, why couldn't any photons in any solid object just simply vibrate to a faster motion causing them to"disappear"? This could be caused by a force "outside" our reality but where ever else those photons may reside. Who knows where that could be?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

If I was ignorant I would call you crazy...

However I have found this to happen a few times to me.

The odd thing is though, one time I dropped a cap to something ( i forget what but i remember it being a cap.....bigger than a pen cap ) literally in front of me on the ground where it was basically a 10x10 area with nothing but the floor, me and a shelf.....

I spent about 20 minutes solid looking for it ....Must have looked in the 5 possible spots to look about 15 times each and nothing.....

About 15 minutes later I find it in the next room.....

Nobody was home but me that day....

Explain that skeptics.....

I went into that room during the search to take a break for a few minutes and it was NOT in there.......so I resumed searhcing for another 10 then left to the other room and that is when I found it...

So 20 min search = nothing , other room = nothing, back to main room = nothing back to other room = THERE !

I have no explanation for it.......

The thing I noticed though as the few times in my life this happened to me, that something significatn enough to make me forget the original incident happened .

And it wasn't until days later I would remember this and after that i really didn't think it was a big deal..

I think life/time takes care of these glitches in time and enacts another event to make us forget at least some this event happening.....

I don't know why though.....

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Originally posted by Venusian12
I was wondering if objects can maybe slip through tiny wormhole like portals to other dimensions.

What other dimensions? You mean like the evil Star Trek dimension, where everybody is evil? Or the Phantom Zone, were we imprison our super villians? Or that dimension where everything is exactly the same except all the apples are blue?

I'm not aware of any other dimensions except those in science fiction that are used for social commentary, or the ones used by mathematicians to help make some tricky equations work.

Also, one of the reasons wormholes exist is because they are a particular size and mass. Really heavy and really small. They don't just pop up out of nowhere.

So I guess the answer is no.

Can you prove they don't just pop up out of nowhere?

And something appearing in and out of a dimension would happen at or faster than the speed of light, as light in another dimension because of time difference or lack of it would also be different.

The tiniest speck of light could hold a whole other universe..... regardless of the size of our universe and something could emerge from what would appear from thin air but because the dimensions and universes are of different size we would just see it appear or dissapear..

Also, to cover this life may have distracted you for that split nano second when it does dissapear so you won't see it as seeing it happen could alter your reality....

We must also consider there is both good and bad and evil and good in beings....Somebody could just be F*cking with us..........

[edit on 16-8-2009 by LucidDreamer85]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I bilieve this completely, and have thought this for some time now. Many a times I have dropped things in an OPEN and CLOSED room, meaning there was nothing in the room, but there was a door and it was shut, so the object dropped could NOT have gotten out, and many a times now they are absolutely no where to be found.

Currently I am searching for my glasses, I have absolutely no idea where they could be. I am 100% positive I took them inside, and have checked everywhere in the kitchen and my bedroom, and nowhere to be seen.

I sometimes fool around when my mom or brothers lose something that the "goblins must have took it", but sometimes I seriously honestly believe this. That either items, when placed, can be stolen by extra-dimensional creatures, or, when dropped, can involuntarily fall into that dimension. I believe this with all my life, because I have seen things drop, and disappear where simply that could NOT have happen.

I know anyone reading these posts in these topics will think "Oh well, they probably just didnt look in the right place", well I know for most of us here, we searched ALL over and ALL around and EVERYWHERE for our items and have never, ever been able to find them. How does that happen? Where do they go? Surely they HAVE to take up space right, so they would eventually be found... correct? But no... they just vanish.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join