It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can objects slip through another dimension?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I've probably researched it more than you, and I've found it to be fantasy. No good evidence or proof of any such thing.

First of all... How can you tell who on this board has researched what and how thoroughly...?
(We both know the answer to that one, don't we?)

And what exactly constitutes "good evidence" or "proof" to you? The fact that it happened to you? And if so, do you apply that principle rigorously, in all areas...?

"Dimensions" like "God" is one of those words people use all the time but only have a vague idea what they're even talking about.

See above. Only, this time is much more insulting, not only to people here, but to the billions of people who have lived before us: people who built works, spiritual and material, that cannot be even REPLICATED today, let alone match their originality of thought and concept. And you know what they were (not) thinking and talking about?

Obviously, denying "dimensions" cannot and will not affect the said dimensions themselves, it only gives more power - very, VERY real power - to those who know they exist and don't waste their time in kindergarten mind games.

[edit on 29-12-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Now OP, be honest. Did you get this idea from FLCL?

I don't believe in this. I think it can all be explained by inaccurate memory, or it hitting something and comflouging in, etc.. I mean there is much in the way of human error. I have had this happen to me, but jumping on it and calling it paranormal is just impulsive. Humans make mistakes.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoggins

No, I did not get this from FLCL. FLCL has nothing to do with the paranormal anyway.

I know that people could often think up crazy things, but I know that there really is strange things in this world.

If you don't believe there is such things as holes sucking up matter then spitting them out in some other place, then you think that theres no such thing as black holes in outerspace then. Which is basicly what a black hole is.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoggins

I don't believe in this. I think it can all be explained by inaccurate memory, or it hitting something and comflouging in, etc.. I mean there is much in the way of human error. I have had this happen to me, but jumping on it and calling it paranormal is just impulsive. Humans make mistakes.

when i lost my toy to "another dimension" there was literally no place it could have fallen. i did not misplace it and forget where it was. the toy slipped out of my fingers on to an open and empty carpet and was gone. the ONLY place it could have gone that was covered was behind the blinds to the sliding glass door. i looked and looked and it was not there. also yes, the sliding door was closed so it didnt go outside. the toy literally was gone. my mom is a clean freak, and never found it anywhere cleaning. when we moved the toy was never found in some strange place or anything. the toy was GONE. it WAS paranormal and the memory still sticks with me today. the human error factor was zero. this was a bright colored toy, so the camouflage factor was zero. the human mistake factor was zero. i have always wondered what happened to that toy, and i honestly believe it went somewhere else, yes, another dimension or plane of existence or whatever you want to call it. these things HAPPEN! wake up to the real world, because once you do, you will be amazed

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Also another thing about how I could have just forgotten where I put it, thats not possible. It dissapeared! unless I have the memory of a goldfish, where I only remember things that happend 3 seconds ago.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The more I think about this it makes me want to look into it. I will research some and get back to you

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I don't usually believe in this stuff but it is interesting. I have had it happen countless times and my house has some strange activity. I would like to see if anyone knows of a scientific way to explain how things can shift between "dimensions" like this. Other than that we are just not looking in the right place.

And why is it always when we look away from the objects theyre gone?

[edit on 29-12-2007 by Snoggins]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
i didnt look away when it happened to me. i cant explain it, but it slid out of my hand, i heard it hit the floor but i didnt see it. i think my hand obstructed the toy during its fall, i heard it hit, but i didnt see it bounce anywhere. it was crazy, but not the crazyest thing i have seen.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It is a legit phenomenon. I cannot rationalize it. Are there any scientists here?

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder if there is a place Over the rainbow, beyond the Looking glass in a Wardrobe that is filled with socks, keys, scared people, and little black eyed grey skinned munchkins.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by callmedave
oh my god! im so glad i found this post, i had exactly the same thing happen to me. i gotta go get my (now ex) girlfriend to read this....

she looked at me like i was joking when i told her i'd dropped her christmas present and it had disappeared into an alternate dimension!!

see linda!! do you believe me now?

Yeah, right, and now maybe she'll take you back..cheapo.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by raven bombshell]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I've had exactly the same sort of thing happen. For a large part of my life I've had supernatural encounters (cupboard doors opening and closing by themselves, hearing footsteps through the unit at night, sudden cold chills, ghosts, seeing things 'move' out of the corner of my eye etc). I've lost track of the number of things that have just 'disappeared'. I wrote it off as my little ghost 'friends' having some fun.

I'm constantly loosing my tongue rings. I'll search the unit from top to bottom numerous times and not find it, then usually exactly one week later, after vaccuming the floor numerous times, it'll appear fair smack in the middle of the loungeroom floor where I'd have to be blind to miss it.

I also once had a loaf of garlic bread disappear never to be seen again. I distinctly remember putting it on the table to defrost, went to the computer, and when I came back about 15mins later to put it in the oven, and it was gone. I live alone so it wasn't like a flatmate took off with it. I searched everywhere, in case I'd put it back in the freezer/in the oven/somewhere else, but nope, it was no-where to be found. I guess my little ghost mate got peckish. I remain cautiously optimistic it will re-appear in the middle of my loungeroom floor one day.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
When I was a kid I stopped going to sleep with objects in my pijamas pockets, when my favourite car disappeared in them at night. I never saw it again.

The technology secret to open wormholes was in my pijamas!

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
hello,

this is my first post here. take note of the username. Obviously it's impossible for things to slip into another dimension. There are thousands of more logical reasons why things dissapear. For instance, one night i was asleep. i was woken in the middle of the night by one of my bedlegs 'breaking' so the bed fell down. in the morning i had a look round for it but couldn't find it anywhere.

For months i thought it was very strange. Then my little brother informed me he had stolen it in the middle of the night. Just cause your brain can't think of a logical solution to why something is happening, doesn't mean there isn't one.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by agnosticsceptic
hello,

Obviously it's impossible for things to slip into another dimension. There are thousands of more logical reasons why things dissapear.

Yeah Obviously...

Like the sun used to obviously revolve around the world and the earth was obviously flat...

Don't limit yourself with obviousness.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Venusian12
I was wondering if objects can maybe slip through tiny wormhole like portals to other dimensions. I've had this problem happen to me and my family.

Yes, but not in the way you describe it.

This is all opinions, and opinions are like bum holes you know, so take this like you would something LESS worthy than a grain of salt, like a turd.

Anyways, I think that the Black Holes that are individually at the center of each galaxy, or so it seems to us based on our information gathered (humans - that there is a single black hole in the center of each galaxy), are actually some form of portal between what I will just call "realms". They negotiate the passing of matter from one point to another point, which is also a blackhole, or the opposite of a blackhole (a star), or something inbetween (like a quark or nebula or something, lol, I sure am astronomer-meat talking like this..). But as you will read in the next paragraph, if different dimensions exist in the same "space", the measureable space we know of, and the unmeasured / unmeasurable space beyond, then these could be portals used on other dimensions or mirrored planes so to speak, except by beings of a different level or consistency, ie; not a phyiscal human type, but a spirit, or even a "UFO".

I dont know if realms are on the same plane of existence or what ud call this same dimension, just bizillions of light years away in the distant universe, or if they are like different universes, what I consider "dimensions" traditionally. though more recently ive tried looking at dimensions as almost .. levels on which to exist universally, meaning that all dimensions are in the same place, but that each one is so much beyond the grasp of the inhabitants of the previous one that there is no overlapping - almost. The little bit of overlapping of dimensional beings that there could be would be stuff like, Ghost sightings, UFO sightings, sightings of the "shadow people" .. stuff like that.

But the other way to see it is like . . this universe is one and only one dimension. This would mean other universes would be necessary for other dimensions. I dont know which is the better way to look at it. I feel very strongly that different beings operate on different frequences or wavelengths like I explained in the previous paragraph, what im unsure of is if that is technically a dimension or not.

*twilight zone music* doo do doo do doo do doo do ..

you are entering a world ... of black and white 1960's television ..

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Runetang what a great post...

My opinions precisely regarding your first opinion that we 'overlap'....

Like throwing two stones into a pond and watching the concentric circles overlap each other, (two wave forces creating a third).

Now imagine the pond itself is the universe and instead of where the waves meet and make a third wave, in this case it creates a 'pocket'...

Or sub-dimension (i.e where all your socks go)

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keebie
DOP or Dopler Effect

- disappearing object phenomenon -

A relatively common phenomenon in which an object disappears from view and later inexplicably returns.

For example, a person puts their car keys on a kitchen counter, where they are always kept. When the person goes to get them, they are gone. A thorough search turns up nothing. Later, the keys are found on the counter where they were originally put (or some other obvious place. It's difficult to document a genuine DOP occurrence because people can be careless, simply misplace things or be forgetful. But there are many compelling stories from people who are certain they looked for the object in the place that it later appears. In some cases, people audibly call out for the object to be returned - and it is. In some rare cases, the missing object has actually been seen materializing out of thin air. It is also known as the "borrower" phenomenon.

It may be related to poltergeist phenomena.

I have personally witnessed this phenomena. Later the house exhibited poltergeist activity. Wrote some of the instances down, family thinks I'm insane.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This happened to me twice when I was smoking some strong weed, dropped something and could swear I saw wear it went but I didn't I halucinated it and it hadnt even dropped off the desk. I dont normally hallucinate on weed but i saw what i expected to see this time. I was searching for ages before I found it because i thought I knew the vague area it went, but i didnt.

My guess is trick of the light and falling down toilet or sinks something, have u checked the U bends?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Something like this has happened to me as well. My friends and I were at a restaurant having dinner before a play. I went up to the counter to get some water with my friend and she suggested putting sugar and a lemon slice in with the water. We then went back to our table and resumed eating. I tried the sugar water with lemon and didn't like it, so I put the paper cup down in front of me and left it alone. A few moments later, I began fiddling with the cup and was going to throw it away when I noticed that the enitre lemon slice was gone. All that was left in the cup was the water and a few lemon seeds. The cup was in front of me the whole time and no one else messed with it. There were no holes in it and both my friend and I saw me put the slice into the cup. I wonder where it went...

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join