It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can objects slip through another dimension?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I was wondering if objects can maybe slip through tiny wormhole like portals to other dimensions. I've had this problem happen to me and my family.

On Christmas day, I was getting ready in my bathroom, and I was gonna put my hat on. This hat has buttons on it, and I noticed one was hanging off by a thread. I was stupid enough to pull it, so the button "fell" and "hit" the floor.
My mom was in there with me, so she noticed that it fell. So I'm thinking "oh well, I'll just pick it up and sew it back on" I bend down on the floor thinking it's right next to the toilet (because thats where it suppossedly fell) and I don't see anything! the tiles in my bathroom are plain white, and you could spot the tiniest little mark on them. So it wouldn't be that hard to spot a button. I swear, I looked all over the place for it. I looked under my scale, I looked in the empty trash can, I even looked in the bathtub! My mom even said that she heard it drop.

I was so stressed out! I was looking for about half an hour before I gave up.

That was just one of the times it happend.

Another time it happend to my sister.

She was getting ready in her bathroom, and she was putting on her earings. She drops an earing by accident and it drops to the floor. She looks for it everywhere, and she can not find it. She even saw where it fell. but when she went to pick it up, it wasn't there!

And some other time, my other sis lost something of hers that she could never find. We all think it's some kind of portal or something.

Are we just dropping our stuff into other dimensions?

Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
parasites can, alot of the homless population is suffering from this, they have a scorpion like tail that feeds on feces. or you also have face hugger like organizism that feed on water or food left sitting out to plant embryos.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Venusian12

Take a piece of paper and write "hello anybody there" and drop it on the ground .. This may sound ridiculous but try it and see if it vanishes , maybe you will get a response

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

If your toilet lid was open in both cases there is a good probability the items went down the toilet or even the sink drain. If not things tend to bounce and hide in the craziest places you could imagine. If you have a pet a cat or dog even small children sometimes they swallow things. As far as slipping thru to another dimension I do not know unless you live over a dimensional vortex or sacret burial ground. Rik Riley

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
oh my god! im so glad i found this post, i had exactly the same thing happen to me. i gotta go get my (now ex) girlfriend to read this....

she looked at me like i was joking when i told her i'd dropped her christmas present and it had disappeared into an alternate dimension!!

see linda!! do you believe me now?

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
YES! This happened to me a long time ago.

It was all so weird. I received a star wars toy in the mail, for free, from some place. It was like a free gift or something, maybe to promote something? I dont know, but i was a kid and getting a free star wars toy was awesome, so i didnt pay attention to where it came from.

Anyway, I got this free toy in the mail, and was playing with it of course. I was in the living room in an open area. Then I dropped the toy on the floor. I went to pick it up and realized I didnt see it anywhere. I checked the blinds by the sliding glass door, but it hadnt fallen behind those. There was literally nothing else but open space, so the toy just disappeared. I looked all over the floor, behind the blinds again, and anywhere else it had any chance of bouncing to, but found nothing. I think about this event a lot, because it was so weird that this toy just disappeared and was never seen again. Then when you add in the fact that it just came free in the mail from somewhere, it is just a weird story.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venusian12
I was wondering if objects can maybe slip through tiny wormhole like portals to other dimensions.

What other dimensions? You mean like the evil Star Trek dimension, where everybody is evil? Or the Phantom Zone, were we imprison our super villians? Or that dimension where everything is exactly the same except all the apples are blue?

I'm not aware of any other dimensions except those in science fiction that are used for social commentary, or the ones used by mathematicians to help make some tricky equations work.

Also, one of the reasons wormholes exist is because they are a particular size and mass. Really heavy and really small. They don't just pop up out of nowhere.

So I guess the answer is no.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

I'm not aware of any other dimensions except those in science fiction that are used for social commentary, or the ones used by mathematicians to help make some tricky equations work.

this world is full of strange and fascinating things. you may not be aware of other dimensions, but many people believe they exist. i do, and i know i am not alone.

you should research the idea, it is very interesting.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by evo80
you should research the idea, it is very interesting.

I've probably researched it more than you, and I've found it to be fantasy. No good evidence or proof of any such thing.

"Dimensions" like "God" is one of those words people use all the time but only have a vague idea what they're even talking about.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I've had objects move on me before, heard strange noises, etc, but I've never had anything totally disappear before... The most logical explanation, as has been said, is that the objects fell into the toilet, but I wouldn't rule out a paranormal explanation, however I'd think ghosts or poltergeist activity more than falling into another dimension... I'd check the history of your area, if its built on Limestone and quartz than it could be you or your family is unknowingly manifesting poltergeist phenomenon...

Still, the idea of something slipping into another dimension is intriguing, especially when you consider certain theories about the dimensional boundaries being thinner in certain places (like the legendary Bermuda Triangle)...

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Wow! I must say, after reading the OP I instantly was reminded of one of the most prominent paranormal events in my life.

I was in grade school, around valentines day when all the children give them cardboard valentine cards to eachother. My mother was helping me with them in the living room while sitting on the couch. I had the package of cards sitting on the armrest of the couch, about a three seater in length. After knocking the cards over the side, I went to pick them up...

After moving the couch, checking the coushins, checking under the couch, as well as the whole room - we never found the cards. Not even when we moved out and totally tore the place apart did this package ever show up again. My mother still tells this story to people when they bring up paranormal events, it really was that weird.

So in conclusion, I dont know how... but yes, I do think sometimes it is possible. In quantum theory its very possible for a particle to tunnel through an object - but the chances of this happening for a single particle are rare, instead of a whole group of particles all doing such an action at once.

Its something in my life that I dont think will ever be explained, although I really do wish one day I could find out what did happen to them.

On a side note - This house was a host to a whole range of paranormal, poltergeist, and generally unexplained occurances. Since moving from that house, we found out that the owners after us had the house blessed twice by a priest, and were experiencing much of the same odd behavior that we were.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
"Dimensions" like "God" is one of those words people use all the time but only have a vague idea what they're even talking about.

Very true.. One example of this is when people say: "We live in the third dimension."

People are often using words, which they don't understand, to support outrageous beliefs.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Ok, so maybe I shouldn't have used the word "dimension" I just ment like a portal of some sort that swallows up something, and spits it out some other place.

And for the button falling in the toilet, no. The toilet lid was down.

And for the sink? no. I was completly away from the sink. Like I said and my mom, we both heard it fall on the floor.

I know my cat haven't gotten it, because the bathroom door was closed!

I'm glad to know that it happens to other people and not just me. I don't feel crazy now!

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venusian12
I'm glad to know that it happens to other people and not just me. I don't feel crazy now!

I've lost things in this manner as well.

On another occasion, i wasn't able to find a document, even tho i knew exactly where it was. I felt stupid searching the same place over and over again. But as soon as i calmed down, i found it exactly where i wasn't able to find it the previous five times.

But i still don't think a wormhole is the most likely explanation.

I do know, how frustrating it can get, however... When you know it should be there, but you simply can't find it...

[edit on 29-12-2007 by deezee]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
DOP or Dopler Effect

- disappearing object phenomenon -

A relatively common phenomenon in which an object disappears from view and later inexplicably returns.

For example, a person puts their car keys on a kitchen counter, where they are always kept. When the person goes to get them, they are gone. A thorough search turns up nothing. Later, the keys are found on the counter where they were originally put (or some other obvious place. It's difficult to document a genuine DOP occurrence because people can be careless, simply misplace things or be forgetful. But there are many compelling stories from people who are certain they looked for the object in the place that it later appears. In some cases, people audibly call out for the object to be returned - and it is. In some rare cases, the missing object has actually been seen materializing out of thin air. It is also known as the "borrower" phenomenon.

It may be related to poltergeist phenomena.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Keebie

Wow, that's what I've experienced then! Although, I did not see the button come out of thin air.

Thanks for that interesting reply!

like the avatar by the way, and we both have the same signature!

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Thanks, I never lost anything but misplace a lot!

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Unfortunately Nohup, you are quite wrong... There are many 'dimensions' that exist, they operate at varying frequencies, and at many levels... I certainly believe this is fact just through my own experiences... But due to the restrictions on this website, I cannot talk about it.

Open your mind a bit and don't rely on science or religion.
Spiritual understanding is the key to a wealthy knowledge.

I promise you.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
To the OP

This is not quite as rare as you may believe, although I cannot give you definate answer, try and understand it a bit like this...

If i dropped a glass bottle from a first floor window onto a concrete floor, it would obviously smash you reason?

No... Not always...

Now think of what you have experienced and apply a reverse logic to that... If you drop a button, it will be found... yes, I hear you reason....

But not always...

Religion and science are both man made studies when you experience these things that sit outside the box and provide no solid answer.

In the same way, our most intelligent computer is only as 'intelligent' as it's programmer, that is not to say it is capable of other things....

There are many hidden laws and rules and ananomalies that shape our existence, we have just haven't understood or even experienced them all yet.

(also D.Scott Rogo describes similar anomalies in the book: beyond reality)

[edit on 29-12-2007 by mr-lizard]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Of course they can - anyone who ever washed socks in a washing machine can tell you that...
And bathrooms seem to be a particularly dangerous area!

Seriously, though... I don't know whether it's slipping into another dimension or not, but I've had incidents like that happen to me many times. I call them the "black holes". Most things eventually reappear - usually in a place that has been thoroughly searched many times before - which only makes it stranger.

I am not sure it has to do with attention, as some like to interpret this very common type of occurrence. I know I have a lynx's eye and I am usually well aware of every movement I make - and yet...

Yeah - it's gotta be a black hole. ; )

I don't know whether you're familiar with it, but here's a website that has many incidents like that:

Reality Shifters

and here:

Where have all the pretty socks gone?

It's often great fun to read.

[edit on 29-12-2007 by Vanitas]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join