It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Me! Gamers on Doom 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I just installed a new video card, (Helped by some very wonderful ATS members) and to check it out I bought Doom 3...

Let me say from the start that other than a few times online with "Delta Force" I am NOT a gamer. Repeat NOT a gamer...

I have always been fascinated by them though, the graphics are tremendous especially with the new card...

ANYWAY...

I played a little of the single player game and was doing so well I decided to go online and join a game...

OOOPPPPSSSS

I was killed something like 14 times.. LMAO

I had the plasma gun once and was shooting the guy but he killed me with no problem at all. Same with the rocket launcher and the chain gun...

Any tips or tricks I am missing just to stay alive a little while? I was in a death match by the way...

Any help will be appreciated...

Semper

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Five general rules for FPS gaming.

1. Avoid making yourself an easy target by standing still, hitting a motionless target is a lot easier than a strafing one.

2. Be sneaky, if you find yourself on low health run around a corner and wait for your overly confident pursuer to rush into the room, then shoot him in the back.

3. Aim rockets at the feet of your enemy, rockets are splash damage weapons and often slow moving.

4. Bounce grenades around corners rather than rushing in, sure its a cheap kill but 4 angry gamers on low health is better than 4 gamers on full health.

5. Gain the high ground! Most people don't look up when getting shot they tend to look for people at the same level as themselves.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

semper, just the reason I declined bodrul's very kind invitation to the ATS Halo 3 game. I did not want to get my ass kicked by someone at least half my age.

Maybe we need to start a juniors FPS game for ATS members,

And UK Wizard, some very good advice I will use when I first get gaming on-line.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I am not too old to play

I am not too old to play

I am not too old to play

I am not too old to play

I keep telling myself that, I'll believe it... LOL

Semper

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Great advice UK Wizard. I would also add, try sticking close to cover, don't run straight through the middle of a level, use crouch behind walls and don't get to stressed if you get beat a lot to begin with, your skills will soon improve!!
I dont know what PC/GPU you've got, but I would recommend Call of Duty 4 as a great single and multiplayer game after you've mastered Doom.
And your definately not to old to play!!!

[edit on 30-12-2007 by Kurokage]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I almost bought COD 4, it looked really compelling

My PC will run about anything except maybe that Crysis game. I think that is the name of it. Apparently only a Dell XPS or Alien Ware will run it...

Even if I am a little old for the games, DOOM is a blast.... I am having a ton of fun with it and imagine I will get more once I am comfortable with this one...

Who knew gaming would be this much fun???

Semper

top topics

join