It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traditional Remedies

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Hey ATS members, I thought it might be interesting to see if anyone here on ATS knows of any traditional herbal remedies (notably tea-wise, i drink alot of tea.) perhaps that have been handed down?

I'll start it off with a basic yet very strong tea which is 1 gram of camomile flowers and 1 gram of fennel seeds all crushed up let this sit for 10 minutes, drain and have yourself one powerful tea. I usually have one or two before bed but its also very good for stress.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Well I could think of one good herbal remedy if your into that sort of thing

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I've heard that if you drink really hot water with lemon juice first thing in the morning everyday...they say "it's the best thing you could do for your body" I don't know if it's considerd herbal though

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well I am no expert but you are referring to infusions. Do a search on tea tree oil for its many useful effects, I wonder if tea drinkers (I'm one too), gain natural benefits by virtue of drinking tea?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey

If your talking about Cannabis, i'm quite aware of the pros and cons it reaps. But im very open to suggestions.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarkprojekt

Originally posted by Jeffrey

If your talking about Cannabis, i'm quite aware of the pros and cons it reaps. But im very open to suggestions.

Well if your having trouble gettin your zs, that's one remedy that will fix that in a jiffy!

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
yes, chamomile is good. I bought a plant a few months ago and have had tea with my own flowers. What exactly is fennel? is it a similar relaxing flower like chamomile? I used to drink 1 teaspoon gingko biloba, 1 teaspoon gotu kola, and 1 teaspoon brahmi (all herbs in cut and sifted form) in one cup of hot water, but no longer drink the brahmi because it has the most disgusting undrinkabel taste in the world (maybe its even worse than Kava). Drinking this gotu/gingko tea increases memory, intelligence and is full of other health benefits, and I believe you'll start to feel the effects after you've drunk 1 cup per day for 4 weeks.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugeshotcha
yes, chamomile is good. I bought a plant a few months ago and have had tea with my own flowers. What exactly is fennel? is it a similar relaxing flower like chamomile? I used to drink 1 teaspoon gingko biloba, 1 teaspoon gotu kola, and 1 teaspoon brahmi (all herbs in cut and sifted form) in one cup of hot water, but no longer drink the brahmi because it has the most disgusting undrinkabel taste in the world (maybe its even worse than Kava). Drinking this gotu/gingko tea increases memory, intelligence and is full of other health benefits, and I believe you'll start to feel the effects after you've drunk 1 cup per day for 4 weeks.

Yes fennel is a very sedative herb as well. Its got a very strong licorice scent and its got very pleasing effects on the body. The only link i can provide at the moment is here

www.viable-herbal.com...

More accurate results can be found on google I imagine.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

The Neo: I wonder if tea drinkers (I'm one too), gain natural benefits by virtue of drinking tea?

If you're talking about normal english tea then yes it has health benefits. It's fuill of anti-oxidants, which help to unclog pores in your skin.

Dru

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I love lavender tea. It's great for headaches and insomia plus it just tastes good! I use fresh lavender from my plants in spring and summer and dried in winter and fall.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I drink about 4 pints of grass tea a day..I take handle fulls of grass from my lawn..brew it with honey and then drink it with a hint of basil..its good for the soul and body

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Dru: I love lavender tea. It's great for headaches and insomia plus it just tastes good! I use fresh lavender from my plants in spring and summer and dried in winter and fall.

Really? I didn't know you can actually drink lavender? I know lavender oil on your temples relaxes you and helps get you to sleep.

McGotti: I drink about 4 pints of grass tea a day..I take handle fulls of grass from my lawn..brew it with honey and then drink it with a hint of basil..its good for the soul and body

Are you serious? I can understand if you're talking about grass as in Marijuana, but lawn grass?? Can you tell me where you got your information from that it's good for the body and the soul??

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I know that honey has some anti-bacterial factors and will kill germs when applied to a cut.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Some people here in Hong Kong drink hot Coke and honey with lemon for a common cold never tried it myself though

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
honey and lemon juice good for coughs but also for aspiring singers....also aspiring singers avoid cold beverages.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I drink about 4 pints of grass tea a day..I take handle fulls of grass from my lawn..brew it with honey and then drink it with a hint of basil..its good for the soul and body

You do this?
I dont know about you but there are plenty of animals who piss and sh*t all over my yard.

You could be gettin more then you bargained for.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eternal

You do this?
I dont know about you but there are plenty of animals who piss and sh*t all over my yard.

You could be gettin more then you bargained for.

BRAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah but maybe what you just mentioned is good for you as well as the honey and lemon!

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
hahahhaa. watch out for those grasshoppers. "wagonwheel, eat the wagonwheel"

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Ginger cures an upset stomach. It works for me.

Dru

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugeshotcha

Dru: I love lavender tea. It's great for headaches and insomia plus it just tastes good! I use fresh lavender from my plants in spring and summer and dried in winter and fall.

Really? I didn't know you can actually drink lavender? I know lavender oil on your temples relaxes you and helps get you to sleep.

Oh yeah it's great. You can also cook and stuff with it. I've even made lavender cookies before. Lavender is great for cooking and tea and stuff.

LOL I'm sorta obsessed with it. It's my favorite sent and when I found out you could cook with it I started putting it in everything!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join