It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope's exorcist squads will wage war on Satan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Well, coming from someone who thought the magna carta was an american document, I find your historical stance hilarious.

Everytime someone dares to critisize RCC the usual suspects come out espousing the same RC propaganda.

As has been mentioned before, once you are baptized in RCC you are a member forever - so as a member of the RCC I reserve my right to critisize the religion I was born into, and to say whatever I think on the subject.

And I think that this pope is a headline chasing power hungry nazi, desperate to TRY and put RCC back where it was 100 years ago - in firm control of every aspect of its members lives.

RCC members think nothing of condemning other religions or christian sects - I've seen some astonishingly sectarian views put forth by the same members doing the most complaining about this thread.
Hypocrites? Nah, just thoroughly indoctrinated.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I had a friend who believed her house was haunted. She went to her priest, and asked him to perform an exorcism on it. He was very sceptical, and asked her all kinds of questions to see if her "ghost" was a delusion. After much pleading, he agreed to come and bless her house, but not to exorcise it. She believed the blessing rid her house of the ghost. She also believed strongly in the existence of evil and evil entities. I know a number of people who think there are malevolent entities and believe in the rite of exorcism.

I am not a Roman Catholic but I peacefully co-exist with the church; I'm not sure they return the sentiment, but to each their own beliefs. I am not a fan of Pope Benedict either--he's much too reactionary for a modern church.

That said, I'd like to add my own perspective. I think by adding more exorcists, the Pope is responding to a popular demand for exorcisms; my friend is a case in point. Interest in the occult sometimes leads a person to the idea that there's a "dark side" to the universe and some people do develop a belief/fear of evil. I'm sure there are other psychological causes for this fear as well. Sceptical as I am of the church, I don't think the exorcists are trying to convince people of the existence of demons, or even to convert them (although I'm sure they always welcome conversions), but rather responding to a perceived need.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by Sestias]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
Everytime someone dares to critisize RCC the usual suspects come out espousing the same RC propaganda.

Wrong (as usual). There is a difference between ADULT DISCUSSION of something that you disagree with .. and childish pig-pile ridicule. Those are two very different things. With the exception of Speakeroftruth .. I am not seeing any ADULT DISCUSSION coming from you and your ilk on this subject.

BTW .. It's YOU who are espousing propaganda .. anti-Catholic propagada. Been reading Jack Chick again??

I reserve my right to critisize the religion I was born into, and to say whatever I think on the subject.

What church you were born into has nothing to do with anything at all.

Anyone can say anything they want. If you wish to spew venom, tell lies about the church, and post childish ridicule instead of engaging in adult conversation, then that's your right. It is also our right to point out the fact that you are doing so and it's our right to defend what we believe in.

By your posts it's obvious that you want the right to spew and to have an anti-Catholic soap box without anyone posting rebuttle or facts to show you are wrong. ATS doesnt' work that way.

Originally posted by budski
who are you to place yourself above others and dictate what stance people can take in a dsicussion?

Oh that's funny .. coming from a guy who whines 'off topic .. off topic' anytime the conversation in a thread doesn't go the way he wants, or anytime anyone posts information and/or opinions opposite of his.

You are trying to dictate to the catholics what they can and cant' say in a discussion. GLASS HOUSES budski. Glass houses.

I have posted many times that I was raised a catholic, and if I want to rip into the faith I was brouight up in, I will,

Ahhh ... so being a disgrunted ex-catholic gives you the right to engage in childish ridicule instead of constructive adult conversation, eh?
at the same time you are claiming the right to be childish, you are claiming Catholics don't have a right to defend their faith - or you ridicule them for doing so. That would be comical if it weren't so sad.

and no amount of pouting from you or others will stop me.

YOU MEAN .. no amount of our posting the real facts and pointing out your errors will stop you from childish ridicule and anti-Catholic venom. (which is a sad)

I REPEAT -

So this is what ATS has come to ... a bunch of people with no understanding of a subject, sitting around with nothing better to do then to ridicule a christian church for practicing it's beliefs.

Pretty dang sad.

[edit on 12/30/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You guys are too much, really.

OK, I'll go slow -
1 - you came into the thread and immediately launched an attack.
2 - you are not the arbiter of what constitutes a discussion on this site. If you want to dictate, form popes'r'us or something
3 - I'll discuss anything in any way I choose
4 - I notice you don't include your own bigotry, "gotta love those muslims and protestants"
. Not to mention your hate filled diatribes about contraception and homosexuals.
5 - grow up, get a sense of humour, get over yourself.
6 - I find the concept of organised religion, where another mortal being lectures others as if he knows the mind of a deity which may or may not exist exceedingly funny.
7 - don't like it, don't read it or take part. Simple really
8 - just because you take something seriously, doesn't mean others do, or have to
9 - If you think the OP wasn't ATS material, tell a mod. Oh sorry, that's right, you can't bevause you are not making sense.
10 - Try and imagine a world where people have different idea's about what constitutes a religion. They may also be cynical about religion - and so what. They have every right to express themselves

I think that's enough for you to take in in one go.

Here endeth the lesson.

Now - anybody want to talk about exorcisms of gay priests?

[edit on 30/12/2007 by budski]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

No offense, but your post was laughable. To "protect the reputation of satanists?" So you're saying that Satanists are right and occultists are just "eeevil." Okay, whatever. If you don't know the difference between SATANISM and occultism, then apparently you're not very well read and there is really nothing I can do for you.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
AHEM

Kindly stay on topic and cease the back and forth sniping. If you find you are unable to debate the topic at hand with a modicum of civility then perhaps its time to take a break eh?

FredT,

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Reminder:

Please get back to the original subject (the news article and the possible recanting mentioned by Drudge) and avoid attacks on the religion or beliefs or practices of others.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
OK, every time I see news like this coming from the Vatican it brings me memories of the seventies hit movie theexorcist

I think that the Pope needs a refresh course on modern day music.

Because this part of the news story can not match what our young generating is fond of today.

The Vatican is particularly concerned that young people are being exposed to the influence of Satanic sects through rock music and the Internet.

Sorry but Rock has been replace by Rap and Reggaton, so perhaps the demonic exposure and Satan has changed their music choices.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   

"Rolling around in the mud"? how very "Christian" of you. The whole topic is perposterious. The fact that the pope believes that the ills of the world are derived from an increase in santisim an the occult is completly nearsighted and niave. And to try and pinpoint the route of the problem to rock music and the internet??
Until the catholic church actually does something positive for the people its supposed to serve, the pope can keep his "wacko" conversion tactics to himself.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
or the pope could start encouraging his priests to improve their communities and help the less fortunate in their areas. The Catholic church could also set up a few charities to help the poor, starving millions on this planet.

I'm sure the roaming satan squashers will do just as much good though.

What does this pope think is gonna happen when he faces judgement? They are an independent country founded on principles of charity and helping your fellow man, yet what has the Catholic church done recently to help the starving in asia or the oppressed in Africa? Not a thing.

I know a lot of you would say that there's nothing wrong with this and that they have every right to practice their religion. I agree, but the Catholic Church has so much potential to do good in some tangible form, but this is what they devote their energy and resources to?

Disgusting.

An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.
-Pope John Paul II
I see this as the Pope's excuse to avoid doing real, meaningful charity work.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by avingard]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
over 2000 years of "helping the poor and less fortunate" and yet they still haven't made a dent in anything. maybe if the church actually gave away its money, and lead the material less life it's supposed as dictated by Jesus himself everyone would have a better understanding and respect for the religion.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This is simply an official excuse to wage war not on Satan, but on the 'Indigo Children'. These are reportedly interested in the occult, and tend to believe that they have a 'special' or 'higher purpose' here in this life.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with them performing exorcisms, no. It's well and good that they do. However, when you start laying blame on other belief systems and I look around and see that what is going on in the world has absolutely nothing to do with those that are being blamed, then I have a real issue with that, yes.

Satanists? Where are all of these Satanists? I haven't met any.

The occult? Firstly, most people don't even know what the occult means. It means "hidden." When one says the occult, I think of the Gnostics, kabbalists, mysticism, et cetera. Now, if someone wants to try to argue that any of that is "satanic," let them, but they have a freaking uphill fight in proving their assertion.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Lets go out on a limb with this one:

The church has been rocked with scandals in the US. There has been a decline in church membership and people are not as devout as they used to be. With less attendance, less interest, less revenue comming in. etc and of cource less faithfull.

What if this is just an attempt to 1) spark interest in the church by reviving age old fears and lets face it 2) Tap into everybodies interest in such "occult" matters? Thus reinvigorating the flock as it were with a new mission and purpose?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Really, FredT, you have hit the proverbial nail on the head..
I really don't think anymore need be said.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I think the church has been rocked by scandals all over the world, but you definitely have a point about them trying to appeal to a different audience.

I think, though, that what they should be doing is looking at what's wrong with their organisation, and trying to rectify it, instead of launching PR gimmick stunts to try and win back "customers" - but they come across as too arrogant (and always have) to believe that it could actually be something wrong with them rather than modern society.

As educational levels grew, and we entered the information age, the RCC lost its grip, because people were no longer ignorant about what went on behind the scenes, and started to think for themselves about their own spirituality, instead of the churches version of what they should and shouldn't do - which has always been a classic case of do as I say, not as I do.

In my fathers parish in Ireland (where I lived at the time) a local priest managed to impregnate 3 (yes, 3!) women - 2 of them married.
His punishment? He was moved to a parish in England and the scandal was covered up.
He'd already broken his vows, so why not use contraception? - because that would be wrong

Two marriages were destroyed and 3 women are now pariah's in the community.
This is the kind of hypocrisy that is leading people to seek other forms of spiritual solace.

But the RCC is just one of many christian groups with falling congregations - the difference is, the others don't keep trying gimmicks to win people back (at least not in the UK).

Take it to the extreme, and pretty soon, the pope will appear on his balcony and start pulling rabbits out of his hat.

Organised religion (christian) is gradually dying out, except for the pockets of extremists which STILL try to enforce their view on the rest of us - and that's not really any different from muslim extremists.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Remember when Reverse Speaking was though of as daemonic?
In The Beatles album one song played backwards said that Paul was dead.

There were others but i cant thing of them off the top of my head... but i did find this site interesting.
It's about reverse speaking, and she said that it's the reptilian race speaking. (Daemons?)

EVP Reverse Speaking
Shapeshifting Reptilians. In Reverse, We Here Know They Are Real
The reptilians cloaked within human hosts have been talking away in reverse and telling us their agendas. Now they are losing their abilities to stay hidden. The videos are now seeing what we, who listen to reverse speaking, have been hearing. The electro-magnetic Frequency Barrier known in reverse as the net, is breaking down with incoming Planet X and the reptilians are more and more, going to be seen. (Like putting on the sunglasses in “They Live”!).

I'm Catholic or at least I was( I don't believe in any religion) and no I'm not a satanist. I just see religion for what it is.
I think religion is just a form to keep the mass populous in control.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I totally believe that these things are needed as we are slowing becoming spiritually vulnerable and our Spiritual curtain on our Western nations is becoming weak.

The David Icke theory of Vibrational energy that we make from fear to laughter can let in stray entities and allow them to come in our realm. Christianity has a happy vibration to it, we celebrate happiness during Christmas for example.

The world through fear is becoming unstable, you have experienced 9/11 and all these terror alerts and false fears.

When it comes to a belief, maybe even if it's not true for you it still has some positive energy out put that it gives you as faith does, even putting crosses up as reminders is the most basic deterrent, we see that it combats the negative ness.

What we end up with is a loss of what was positive in the world in line with the tensions of what 3rd world countries and the whole world becomes spiritually at war.

We may not see it or prove these things by science but the Human spirit picks up on it and man feels the consequences.
So maybe our inner most insticts need some Godly devotion in the world if it makes people hapy enough to rid of what ever lies beneath the fabric of space.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join