It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus died in Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
This article said that the 14 year old Jesus left his parents with his brother and journeyed through India, Burma, China, and finally Japan at the age of 50 then he got married and had 3 daughters and he finally died. The Jesus that died on the cross wasnt the same one that marry bore.

You can find it here:
thiaoouba.com...

and actually it is just a part of a whole book called the Thiaooba Prophecy
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cathedral_master

I will warn you now. You are opening up one serious can of worms. I am an atheist so I dont really care, but expect to get some bites soon

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
And after 2000 years of why should we suddenly believe this over accepted knowledge?

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

The only thing i accept about the bible is that someone(s) sat down and wrote it. Pretty much nothing else can be proven beyond doubt in respect of the bible.

Believing beyond doubt is far different to proving beyond doubt.

You believe a man called Jesus existed and did all these amazing things? Prove it. Your church may tell you so, but being told does not equate with that being told being true. No video footage, no pictures.....nothing except for a book which was written thousands of years ago.

Yeah ok it must be true then.

[edit on 29-12-2007 by the titor experience]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by the titor experience
You believe a man called Jesus existed and did all these amazing things? Prove it.

I believe that the Library of Alexandria existed .. but I have no scrolls from it. I believe that the Sumerians existed, but I have no videos or photos of them. There are plenty of circumstantial and anecdocal evidence that these things .. along with Christ ... existed.

But whatever. That's another subject.

As far as Jesus living and dying in Japan .. and getting married and having kids ....
uh .. no. His life and death are too well documented. The relics of his time that are discussed in the bible are still in the places in the Holy Land.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by the titor experience

Newsflash.. what you say about proving the bible/Christ is also true of anything in history whether 1000, 2000, 3000 years..Yet the bible remains 2000 years later in spite of continuous attacks. Also consider the thousands who were martyred in Rome and elsewhere rather than give up their beliefs. They must have had some very convincing evidence. Rome was one of the most powerfull empires on earth and couldn't produce the body of Christ or stop Christianity- which would have shut up everyone nipping Christianity in the bud yet it spread throughout the empire and beyond. Any Christian can speak of personal changes in their lives as well as those of family and friends after coming to Christ.

No time machines exist for us to travel back and witness these events so yes it comes down to faith.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
eherm eherm I want say that I do not (repeat) DO NOT believe in such claims. I just opened this topic because I think this would be an interesting topic to investigate and to talk about in this forum.

As far an was said to be given by a guy abducted by aliens brought to planet Thiaooba (pronounced Yehova) parted with interesting knowledge about earth like its important events, how we destroy earth by our material techs, somes proof is concerned I think it would be hard because this informatio spirituality stuff, etc.

He came back and published a book called Thiaooba Prophecy.

I think all this crap is a marketing scheme much like the John Titor stuff but I would surely commend him for giving a very interesting and quite realistic (to imagine) story.

More info about the book can be found on the link I gave, here it is again: thiaoouba.com...

If you want to read the book you can download the free e-book here:
bioresonant.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Believing beyond doubt is far different to proving beyond doubt.

You believe a man called Jesus existed and did all these amazing things? Prove it. Your church may tell you so, but being told does not equate with that being told being true. No video footage, no pictures.....nothing except for a book which was written thousands of years ago.

Yeah ok it must be true then.

[edit on 29-12-2007 by the titor experience]

Well, that was kind of my point. No one can prove anything to anyone. Shoot half the stuff they taught me in school is different now due to new discoveries - forgetaboutit.

My point was, I am going to take something that has stood the test of time beyond anything else that ever existed for more people than can be known, then some obscure story which seems to me little more than tribal folklore someone just found out about.

Happy New Years!

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cathedral_master
This article said that the 14 year old Jesus left his parents with his brother and journeyed through India, Burma, China, and finally Japan at the age of 50 then he got married and had 3 daughters and he finally died.

First off Jesus didn't marry any wild boars. Oh you meant MARY..

[puts on stupid hat]
This is incorrect. Zeitgeist states that Jesus is just the sun, and the sun sets in the west, NOT the east! So if Jesus died in Japan, the sun would set there, but it doesnt, it rises from there!
[takes stupid hat off]

Yeh, supposedly Jesus used his "magical powers" to transform himself into the guy that was helping him carry the cross, and transformed the helper into the image of him, so to escape. Because we all know, this is so typical of the Biblical Jesus, this is something he would do. Yeah .. right .. considering that Jesus "set himself up to be betrayed on purpose" like so many believe, IF he even had the power to transform and transform the bodies of others totally into a different person, he wouldn't have used them to selfishly escape the cross, leaving the one poor sap who was brave enough to help him carry the cross to be crucified.

This is like saying that GANDALF in the Lord of the Rings ends up killing Frodo and Sam, and Gollem, and steals the ring just before they are about to make it to Mordor to destroy it, and goes and has an improper relationship with Sauran, and live happily ever after. It just doesnt add up.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Kashmir, that's where I heard he died...*

Allegedly he followed the silk route through to India, stayed there for a good number of years, helping people, having kids and what-not and returned home... got crucified BUT didn't die....
He only appeared dead, maybe through deep meditation from what he'd learned in India (holy men in many religions have suffered and survived)

He was then holed up in a cave for a couple of days... When the stone was rolled back, Jesus had healed himself.
Said his goodbyes and thanks very much for crucifying me
Buggered off to Kashmir and died.

But like I say... It's as believable that he's buried in Cornwall or Glastonbury as it is to say that he died in Japan.

*Why not?

And before you all go jumping up and down on that theory, please remember that I'm not neccesarily of any faith. We cannot prove anything?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cathedral_master

There is simply too much evidence to show he was crucified in Judea in the writings of both secular and extrabiblical religious documentation. Here are two excerpts from Roman pagan works:

This excerpt is from the 1st century Roman pagan historian Tacitus:

""Christus, the founder of the [Christian] name, was put to death by Pontius Pilate, procurator of Judea, in the reign of Tiberius..." Annals XV, 44

Here's another one from the author Lucian:

"The Christians, you know, worship a man to this day- the distinguished personage who introduced their novel rites, and was crucified on that account..." The Death of Peregrinus 11-13

So, it seems more logical to believe the early pagan authors who had nothing to gain over some modern conspiracy theorist who comes along 2,000 years later hoping to make some cash via book sales.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

No video footage, no pictures.....

Well that's just about one of the most ignorant things I've ever read.

You might as well forget all about history that took place prior to the 19th century if modern technological recordings is how you weigh historical evidence.

Ever heard of other forms of science and evidence like archeology, textual exegesis, and theological exposition? Not to mention the evidence via prophecy or physiology and medicine? Apparently not.

If there are those who deny the Holocaust or desire to revise the history of WWII atrocities (events that took place only approximately 70 years ago) in spite of all the evidence (including photographs and video footage), then some people are going to be too dense to believe something that happened 2,000 years ago when they honestly think "a book" is all the evidence available.

[edit on 12/30/2007 by AshleyD]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Matthew 24

Signs of the End of the Age

26"So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It says it all, everyone these days are saying Jesus went here or there or here is another version of him. I will stick to Matthew 24 and not go out of my way to find Jesus in Japan, India or some cave.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
If this document is truly a copy of an authentic writing then I think we can determine that someone with a knowledge of the Christian faith had something to do with where it ended up. It would make more sense to me that a Crusader type people had once lived there perhaps on their way to somehwere else. In case no one has noticed most histories of world events get muddled overtime especially when domineering religious or political groups call the shots and seize the evidence. Personally I believe the true Jesus could have been buried just about anywhere on the planet.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bonijean
Personally I believe the true Jesus could have been buried just about anywhere on the planet.

But of course he wasn't - he ascended to heaven intact when his mission was fulfilled.

Honestly, if Jesus was buried anywhere on this earth (same as His Mother) it would be the biggest news ever in the world, and surely would have been a site at least claimed long before now. Gimme a break, after 2000 years, no body no crime (umm....I mean no proof) that he did in fact go back to living a life beyond his mission.

join