It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Hicks freed from jail

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Beelzebubba

He became a terrorist/enemy combatant when he aimed his little pea shooter at the U.S.
who cares what religion he is defending. There is enough evidence to prove him a terrorist.
verdict: GUILTY
Sentence: DEATH

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JDN24

I wonder how many poor afgany people he help torture to death while he was part of the taliban in afganistan! If the the taliban kept records of their murders would his name come up. it's to bad he was released.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dont Hate Rats

He was actually captured by an Afghani war lord whilst trying to flee Afghanistan to Pakistan, because he wanted no part in what was going down...

He did not at any point "aim his pea shooter" at US forces who had zero right to be there in the first place...

Aren't facts a wonderful thing ?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockets red glare
reply to post by JDN24

I wonder how many poor afgany people he help torture to death while he was part of the taliban in afganistan! If the the taliban kept records of their murders would his name come up. it's to bad he was released.

Proof or evidence of what you've said here ??

Some facts even ?? Nah, didn't think so...

Thanks for your post tho, as always it gave me a huge laugh

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

Ah Rilence...one of my chosen friends. I'm sure mr hicks would say anything to keep from being hung. Just shows what kind of man he actually is. Hightails it when the going gets tough and then throws his friends under the bus when he gets caught....yeah a true Aussie hero.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Be VERY careful when you use the phrase "A true Aussie hero" in the manner which you just did...Doing so in such a sarcastic way is MASSIVELY insulting to your average Australian, and frankly not necessary to this argument...

I am not saying David Hicks was a hero in any way, shape or form...

I am saying the man did not break any Australian law doing what he did, he broke some retrospective mickey mouse US law which was illegal by EVERY international standard...

He spent 5 years in hell for his supposed "crimes"...He did a plea bargain not by guilt, If you believe that, you clearly are intellectually deficient...

He did the plea because our government at the time didn't have the balls to demand his release, as the British did with theirs...

His only way out in the medium term was a plea...

Tell me you wouldn't sign almost anything to get out of a place where you'd been mistreated and tortured for five years ?

Hmmmmm ?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I'd just like to extend a hearty greeting to Mr. Donald Rumsfeld.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

we had every right to be there. if the taliban had handed over bin laden we could have avoided the whole affair. that was there choise! But, don't think for a min. that we won't take justce to a lawless land when ours they have killed!

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

Be careful how you use "Mickey Mouse" when referring to the law..that is massively insulting to Mickey.

I mean no disrespect to Aussies. It just boggle my mind that this scumbag terrorist is being welcomed home as some typ of mistreated innocent.
There is plenty of Iraquis that ate betterand were treated better in US custody than they would have by their own government...hell most of the detainees are gaining weight.

What you may consider "hell" some Iraquis may consider a vacation.
So what's a little waterboarding between friends?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I'll be back into the fray in a couple hours, if not tomorrow...NYE festivities to enjoy

I'm sure we're really going to cover a whole lot of new ground and make some fantastic new discoveries as we debate this topic...

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Hi all, and thanks for your opinions!!

I would just like to post this link to The West Australia Newspaper.

Link: www.thewest.com.au...

From Source: Hicks called bin Laden 'lovely'.

David Hicks praised Osama bin Laden as "lovely" in letters read to a court as a magistrate considered the conditions of a control order to be placed on the former Guantanamo Bay detainee.

The Australian Federal Police (AFP) used the six-year-old letters to argue the 32-year-old terrorism supporter remains a perceived threat to Australia.

But although they say the letters are out of date and he poses no threat, Hicks's lawyers did not oppose the AFP's application to the Federal Magistrates Court for Australia's second control order....continues...

What do my fellow aussies think of this. Is he still a threat?

mod edit to use "ex" tags
Quote Reference.

[edit on 31-12-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Im sure there are bigger threats on the street than Hicks.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beelzebubba

I'd just like to extend a hearty greeting to Mr. Donald Rumsfeld.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dont Hate Rats
They finally let this scumbag out? well no problem I'm sure that one of our spooks that does the wet work will make sure he has an "accident" or commits "suicide" soon.

He's too useful alive, just like Sheikh Hilali. Both of them are marked men, traitors, and murderous ideologues. And fortunately for us, utter cowards when confronted with even equal force, let alone the might of civilization.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Terror! Terra! War on Terror! War on Terra! Osama! Bin Laden! Usama Bin Laden! Terror! Terror! Terrorism! Terrarism (Very hard to pronounce).. Terror!
War on Terrarism! Terror Terror Terror Bin Laden! Guantanamo! FOX News! Terror! Terror Terror! 9/11!!

*yawn*

Imo Hicks looks pretty friendly, even with a Rak-Tube on his shoulders.
How can he be a threat for finding Usama lovely? Maybe he was just being sarcastic because of the enemy picture built up by the media around Osama.. is a joke? ;]

Even the Bushes found the Osama's "lovely" not too long ago. But no one seems to discuss the liability of those figures here.. Hell they even made money of WW2. But still.. people are in favor for someone like Hicks to be in Guantanamo, where we haven't got as many facts and proof, compared to crimes of the Bushes or other administrations.

Btw. Is the lovely Usama still alive? I remember someone saying publicly that Usama was dead since like a year? I believe it was a woman called Benazir Bhutto or something like that.. Ah yes.. but now she was killed by the puppet dictatorship in pakistan.. so.. Hmmm. Strange.

I have an idea.

Let's talk about...

Terror! Terra! War on Terror! War on Terra! Osama! Bin Laden! Usama Bin Laden! Terror! Terror! Terrorism! Terrarism (Very hard to pronounce).. Terror!
War on Terrarism! Terror Terror Terror Bin Laden! Guantanamo! FOX News! Terror! Terror Terror! 9/11!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join