It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to 'Combine' Theists & Atheists?...A 'What if?' Scenerio

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Core90

"What if both sides of the equation are 'correct'...to certain degrees?"

i am so happy someone finally pointed this out!

Isnt it obvious that Every source of thought holds an element of truth? And each one will learn from each other?

even atheism!

Yes Atheism holds an element of truth in that it simply looks to the actual activity and action in daily life to create an outcome.

So Atheism - Daily Action combined with Christianity and the belief in God, and the teachings of how to become a better person, equals a winning situation for All. And that is combining only two of the 7 earthly planes of thought residing in the world. Take the most positive element of each plane of thought and you are closer to finding ultimate truth.

Your statement is not only true, it is required to help create the world everyone is stating they want.

I have yet to see anyone really try to understand one another though, even among these boards. That is why i was so surprised and excited to see this little hint of hope.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

I think it is theoretically possible that Earth was seeded by an alien race as could many other earth like (or even non earth like ) planets.

However that would not explain where these superior aliens came from and how they appeared in the universe? Having Earth seeded means nothing as you still have to explain where these other intelligences came from, would it be theoretical god/gods or a theoretical big bang or some other theory?

So really the question poses the same dilemma? Was the universe created by a god or by some natural process?

G

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

Doesn't matter if you're a "fan" of Occam's Razor or not. It's a tried and tested tool for the scientific method.

Science explores and describes the natural world. By definition, the supernatural does not even exist -- there is nothing outside of nature.

it's that "not being a fan" of scientific thought thing that is holding the human race back from true advancement.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by shihulud

So true. Right back to the fallacy of infinite regression.

I really don't understand why people insist that there has to be some huge explanation for something so very simple and natural as the origins of life.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
All of us are pretty much left or right winged as to our views.

I'm presenting this thread for these reasons:

1. Not to convert people BUT
2. Allow ALL to stretch/exercise their imaginations/reasonings and beliefs, as to a possibility, 'what IF scenerio', as stated in my OP.

Instead of dividing the ranks, I'm trying to see a 'common denominator' between both.

I'm having trouble reconciling the notion of 'lost knowledge'; and with that, the OOPARTS (Out of place/time Artifacts)

The (proof?) of ancient superior races, rests not on 'discovered monumental cities' (to which man has yet to find), but the left-over tangible clues that these races have left behind. IMO.

* Possibliity of Ancient Civilizations?
* Where did this knowledge go?
* How can ancient 'spark-plugs' end up in coal-beds - millions of years ago? I trust Science where 'carbon-dating' and other methods are concerned, however, even scientists are at a loss with ooparts. Speculations and theories abound, but no exact TRUTH that is accepted by everyone.

There are many races (and tribes) that seem to share a common historical story. Culture, language and even continental divides don't seem to make a difference. The wording of the story may be slightly altered in contrast, however, the over-all 'theme' remains intact.

i.e.
'Noah/Noe' from the bible could be the Babylonian 'Gilgamesh'. OR...the 'Flood story', that is prevelant in many societies.

What of the Mayan Calender, which is (more accurate?) than those of today? Where is the 'technolgical means' to which these people learned from?

Perhaps the faiths/beliefs and reasonings deride from the fact we too are recipients of given knowledge from what we deem as superior beings - as in the: Cargo Cult?

It is recorded in the bible, that 'something incredible' visited Exekiel.

'Firey spinning wheels'. If one hasn't ever viewed something 'mechanical' or 'other wordly', the description would probably come out something like Exekiels speech.

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Duckster, as a 77 year old fud, I've seen quite a few of these bizarre claims about things that "prove" aliens were here millenia ago. What's interesting is that as they get more thoroughly investigated they all turn out to be a) mistakes, b) frauds, c) misinterpretations. As a rational explanation surfaces, the incident just fades into the woodwork. Then, next year someone else comes up with another weird thing.

All these fairy tales and urban myths just don't stand up when carefully examined.

Occam

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Wow! Is this thread for real? Hey, can I travel in your UFO and everything. That would be so cool. I think we can be conected to every person in the universe, all at the same time. Is that what would be good to make everything work out?
Sorry, did not really read the thread, just thought it would be neat to join in the fun. I will read it later, after I tell everyone that I think "What If?" everything is everything. It would not really matter what we thought about god, or anything. We could all be part of a big collective. Some of us could be really great and make up for the ones who are not all that great. We all have value and we respect each other and do not make things difficult for others.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join