It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imbedded Content Links and Auto Logouts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Twice in the past hour, I have been automatically logged out and I have noticed that green-colored content links have been placed within the text portions of the ATS screen I'm viewing. If I mouse-over that green-colored link, a balloon appears, giving me the lovely option to click for more commercialized info.

I hope someone can explain why this is happening and why anyone would put up with it. I know I won't remain here if that's what I'll be subjected to just to read or add to posts.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Make that THREE times now.

Seems the "Hot Topics" section loves to kill me off and give me loads of those content links. What's going on?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zoltan

While there does appear to be a glitch, in as much as we don't seem to be logged on when we get to the "Hot Topics" page, it is definitely NOT logging anyone out.

If you go back to "Board Home" using the button on the top of the page you'll see that you are still logged in to ATS.

We'll look into why we aren't "logged in" on the HT page though.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thanks for looking into it. From where I sit, I appear to be logged off but only your session records would show the proof, I suppose.

I've also made 4 or 5 posts since this thread, but my ATS points are no longer being tallied up. What's up with that??? Must be conspiratorial.....

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
about those green highlighted keywords with the pop-up balloons. i get those on my home pc when i am not logged in but they go away after i log in. what is weird is that i never get them on my laptop....must be some super scoobydooo cookie secretly placed somewhere and i can't find it to get rid of it.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Zoltan

I don't think you get points posting in the BBQ forum, (Board & Business Questions).

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hi Jack. I have posted on some of the other forums -- I wasn't actually counting this thread. I started a thread yesterday and after it was posted it was immediately moved into the Medical forum. Right after that happened, everything went haywire. I've made a few posts this morning (not this one)....Now everything seemed to belly-up on me.

Ah well, worse things have happened in life. I'll let the Scoobydoo Cookie Theorists check it all out!

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
After getting some coffee in me and having enough time to look at this situation completely it occurs to me that the Hot Topics section has always been incapable of hosting "logged in" members since it is outside the forum realm.

If you look at the URL for the hot topics section you'll see it is it's own domain. If you simply click "Board Home" straight from the hot topics page you will see that you are not, I repeat NOT logged out of ATS.

WRT the inline content tags, we replaced "pop ups" with them about a month ago and only those who are visiting the site without logging in will see them.

One of the incentives to join the site is to eliminate those and about 40% of the other ads from your ATS experience.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the explanation. I'll take your word for it, although I did have to log back in a few times yesterday. No matter. Hasn't happened after the 3rd time.

And the points that were not accruing all-of-a-sudden increased. Somebody, somewhere fixed that situation, or maybe a glitch was fixed. Whatever/whoever, thank you.

new topics

top topics

join