It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WE ALL DIE SOMDAY.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
How do you feel that you will die someday but you wont be around to see what happens with this world such as technology advancements and other stuff. I feel sad because there are so many questions I want answers to but most likely wont see them in my lifetime....

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
How do you know that you won't be around?
What if death, is simply a transition to another plane of reality? Perhaps that is what ghosts/phantoms/orbs are, simply a "ex" human being who comes back to this plane of existance to check on his/her friends/loved ones etc.
Or if you believe in reincarnation, then you would start over again, until you get it right, and advance to that higher plane.
There is nothing to fear it's just a journey.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
You don't ask for life, so why feel bad when its taken from you? Sure you get used to living, but its not as if anybody has much in the realm of choice. I honestly don't care either way.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
CARPE DIEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   

How do you feel that you will die someday but you wont be around to see what happens with this world such as technology advancements and other stuff. I feel sad because there are so many questions I want answers to but most likely wont see them in my lifetime....

I hope we meet an alien Civilization in me era.

Deep

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Dead, Alive, In between who cares? as long as it stays interesting i'm happy... if its not interesting and its just nothing... i'm dead who cares i wont know the difference... i'm hoping for interesting though...

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I guess there are a lot of questions to be dealt with in my mind, but whether or not they're answered probably won't matter in the end.

Humanity will likely be around for a long time, and so will the world, however changed. I sometimes think of seeing the world's state 10,ooo years from now, maybe 'I will' but won't know where I had been.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
No shit?

Seriously though, yes it does very much annoy me. I wish I could live forever and people who say it would get boring have a very limited imagination.

I'm kind of selfish in that respect, I like to hope that as my time comes an asteroid e.t.c. will come and destroy the Earth, taking everyone with me.
If I'm going I want you bastards to come with me.

I'm hoping to last until the day they can put a human brain into a computer, then I can last there for as long as I want until they can build me a robotic body that will be as good as the real thing.

I want to last for as long as possible because the reality is when you're dead you're dead. That's it, there is no more.
There's nothing worse than when it's the middle of the night and you suddenly get that moment of realisation, and you're stomach twists, then you realise how much in denial you are.

Damn I'm depressing tonight, sorry people.

"The dead only know one thing...It's better being alive"
FULL METAL JACKET.

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
No shit?

I'm kind of selfish in that respect, I like to hope that as my time comes an asteroid e.t.c. will come and destroy the Earth, taking everyone with me.
If I'm going I want you bastards to come with me.

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by John Nada]

Aw at least you care about humanity's company, I wouldn't call that selfishness especially...

At least when we're dead we won't know how much it sucks or does not suck. Although, there are those who would differ.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

WE ALL DIE SOMDAY.....

Go ahead I plan on being around forever

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Maybe this world is another world's hell.

or.... Maybe this world is another world's heaven?

aggh I give up.

I honestly think that when we die, we progress towards something bigger and better than our small minds can fathom.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
i think its said best when "i gotta believe in heaven because this earth is hell.."

it does make me sad to think that i posibly wont be here for anything big. but im still young well young enough, and im keeping a good outlook. but do i feel disapointed as to being born now, no. for all anyone knows the world could end in 2012, in which case i would have rather been born a loooooooong time ago.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
i plan on living forever... so far, so good

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndridCold
I don't feel sad knowing I will die soemday, that just gives me the better reason to live everyday of my life to the max.

I'm pretty sure in this lifetime you will have many things to see in terms of technological advancement, perhaps you may even create your own technology.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Yeah the body dies so what? The spirit lives on but where is the question?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Yeah the body dies so what? The spirit lives on but where is the question?

That's your opinion which isn't necessarily true no matter how much you think it is. They have theirs so it's a question they are entitled to ask without you trying to make them look stupid.

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Death is way over rated, Me personaly have a hard understanding why we need to morn. People should be happy thier people are dead.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I used to have this T-shirt with a picture of a wizard and the "death is certain " on it was one of my favourites until it got lost somewhere.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
That's right, drunk. Esham said, "Death is certain, life is not"

I don't fear death and I don't care to see the 'technological advances' of the future. I'm more concerned with peace which I believe death will bring.

"The world is hell"

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well, none of those Highlanders and Vampires seem happy, so I guess immortality isn't all it's cracked up to be, hehe...

Seriously though, who knows...they may one day yet, in our lifetime even, arrest death...

Best not to dwell on it though...and enjoy the time you're here... One way or another, all will be explained when you die anyhow, whether you like it or not....

new topics

top topics

join