It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sounds Of Jupiter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is really cool. You kind of have to turn it up loud to hear it, but you can listen to the electromagnetic vibrations from Jupiter. It is very spooky, almost sound like it should be in a horror movie.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
That sounds very neat! I never thought about how other planets sound.

It must be very peaceful.

By the way, did you see those other videos of NASA's Saturn radio signal? Creepy stuff!

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
yeah the saturn sounds are WAY CREEPY....very sci-fi/horror. I loved it

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
for those interested here is the link to the sounds of saturn....very very cool. I am sure its been posted here before

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
pretty neat---it did sound scary-----why is that though,the scary part---i guess with horror movies we've been conditioned to hear that or associate that with scariness?????hmmm????

imagine listening to earth---- they , whoever that is would be like "what the heck?"

they'd hear car alarms, loud booming bass from cars, sirens, loud mexican music playing, fire crackers or gunshots going off,hard to tell which sometimes---well at least that's what i hear around me

if i listened to earth i would NOT plan a trip to check earth out--maybe ufo's are fake

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I had a listen to some of the others too.
It's pretty inspiring stuff.
Some had been transposed with 'cool edit' though and sometimes if gives an effect a little like a comb filter.

I'd like to get my hand on a full resolution file to see how much I could clean it up.

Great OP.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Saturn sounds 'messed up' IMO.
Are there any planets or anything that sound harmonious?

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
yeah, i guess it would be pretty scary to be from another place and listen to the sounds coming from earth..... especially if they pick up the crap from the media

I think it would be amazing to take some of the planetary sounds and incorporate that into some electronica...or even better into a really long and inspiring intro to some hardcore/metal album.

I guess its true that music is a part of everything and despite the depressing and dark sounds that are eminating from our solar system, its still very intriguing and beautiful in its own way.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Thats so cool.
Cant put my finger on it but somehow sounds very familiar.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Wow!!! Jupiter and Saturn sound friggin' awesome. Jupiter sounds relaxing and hauntingly beautiful. Saturn sounds pretty scary....but thats cool with me because I like scary stuff. I think it would be pretty cool to get those sounds...as well other inter-planetary recordings on CD. I could totally just lay in the dark and drift off to sleep listening to the sounds Jupiter.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Ya they sound just amazing, but you know where has the most wicked sounds??
Uranus

[edit on 30-12-2007 by uberbabe]

[edit on 30-12-2007 by uberbabe]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Very cool. The ideas I get in my head listening to a planet is pretty intense. I imagine each vibration or note to be the sum of millions of miles of weather and electromagnetic energy and it just blows my mind to know that we can hear it. I have heard too many times of people who claim to have been in the beyond, outside their body, etc. that planets make music and give off harmonics.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by uberbabe

oh so you have heard?!?!? i didnt know we were that close

new topics

top topics

join