It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bhutto sent Blitzer security e-mail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Bhutto sent Blitzer security e-mail

news.yahoo.com

NEW YORK - It was a story CNN's Wolf Blitzer hoped he'd never have to report — an e-mail sent to him through an intermediary by Pakistani opposition leader Benazir Bhutto complaining about her security. Conditions of use: only if she were killed.

Bhutto, who was assassinated on Thursday, wrote to Blitzer that if anything happened to her, "I would hold (Pakistani President Pervez) Musharraf responsible."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The email states Bhutto felt very insecure with the security Musharraf's government provided; she referred to them as "minions”. I still feel AQ and the Taliban had the most to gain. However, Killing Bhutto did get rid of his closest threat in the elections. The situation in Pakistan is getting out of control very quickly as a result of this murder. Musharraf's government provided the security so this brings up another question. Is Musharraf's own government filled with AQ operatives? Pakistan has long had close ties to the Taliban so what gives here? I think its time for America to reconsider our involvement with Pakistan, keep an eye on the nukes, and see what happens here.

edit spelling

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-12-2007 by geemony]

join