It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CCTV in schools in mass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

CCTV in schools in mass

www.boston.com

Several hidden security cameras hung in the halls of Newton South High School for months, not yet operational and apparently undetected, until reporters for the school's student newspaper started asking questions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.examiner.com

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Now our children have become the criminals.Watched with hidden cameras according to a local news caster the school board and parents wor not notified and the cameras are all made to look like smoke detectors.

This is a sad day.Newton is far from being a crime ridden city.

some of the wealthiest people in mass live there.

It is a snobby rich town no offense to anyone lives there LOL!

www.boston.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
cameras in schools isn't uncommon anymore. it would unusual for me to actually not see cameras in a middle/high school. or even college for that matter. Soccer moms always play into the media, especially with school shootings. Not to mention from a souless instructor point of view, cameras being known reduce immature behaviors, enforces school policy, and increases productivity within both the student body and facilty members.

No, It Isn't What It Used To Be.

I don't know about the International/national basis for reports. but locally in the NW region of America as usual such priviledges given to public advisors are under abuse. i've heard cases that parents were called because two girls were kissing. First its enforcing regulation against unwanted behavior, followed by enforcement against unprefered behavior. I see no line drawn with the education system. it's really a jungle out there for the youthful mind.

Cameras don't bother me so much, it's other stupid stuff the public education system is banning. Like Tag, or Cupcakes from preschoolers, the stuff that made us grow up tougher as a kid. I see little to no hope in the future for the public education system as globalization starts to peer over the fence.

IMO we're better off scraping the whole educational system and replacing it with national 10 story, 2 block factories to crank out more employees for the big companies. Cause the educational focus today for most districts is on obtaining a job so you can live comfortably. At least then education levels would be Equal, cause at the moment mainstream is breeding wimps.

right......

[edit on 29/12/07 by Obsurion]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOplayerhater

Now our children have become the criminals.Watched with hidden cameras according to a local news caster the school board and parents wor not notified and the cameras are all made to look like smoke detectors.

I also think the cameras are more and more seen now. It will be hard to find a public or private building any more that will not have them. I wont take it to the extreme. I just do hope they will be used with integrity. I don't really think using them to stop people from kissing is the right thing to do.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obsurion
cameras in schools isn't uncommon anymore. it would unusual for me to actually not see cameras in a middle/high school.

this is true. i remember when they rebuilding sections of my high school during my senior year and cameras started popping up everywhere. nothing really happened at that school either, but they went ahead and installed about 50 cameras around the building.

this is also the same school that suspended me until i had a psychiatric evaluation because i apparently wrote a terrorist bomb threat on a wall(which turned out to be some little girl who had a project due on the day the threat mentioned). i think it was because i talked a lot about outside mainstream stuff and listened to metal. it was a terrific lesson in the way the world works at a young age. they backed themselves up with the "better safe than sorry" defense.

new topics

top topics

join