It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recommend some DS games for me to buy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
My roommate got me a DS for Christmas and now I'm condemned to buy many games to create a fun-filled library with which to use my new device. Woe is me ! D:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Brain training is good if your into that sort of thing

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
pac-pix is one of the funnest games i have played in a while. Its kindof hard to get though. The new Final Fantasy is good, if you are into that. The new super mario bros is great. Zelda, Castlevania.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Get an R4 or an M3 card and then you can maybe perhaps, find games that happen to be floating around in the www somewhere!!

You can get about 50 games on one card with a 1G Micro SD in it.

Can you get these cards in the US?

MonKey

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
Can you get these cards in the US?

Not that I'm aware of.

Some good games:
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Animal Crossing: Wild World

Final Fantasy III

New Super Mario Bros.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I think like another poster said, brain age is a great game, the second one is awesome as well. Flash focus is pretty good too. But there are plenty other games out there that are fun. My suggestion is to go to a game store and see what games there are out there for the DS.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
My favorite DS games.

Worms: Open Warfare 2: Great if you're into the Worms series of games. If not, it's not a bad game to start with.

007: Goldeneye: Fluid controls, and the gameplay is remeniscient of the classic 007 for N64

Resident Evil: Deadly Silence: In the style of the classic RE series. Single room views with a puzzle to solve in every room. Plus, they incorporate some knife fighting using the DS touch screen controls.

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass: This game is deep. Like most other Zelda games this one is pretty linear, but it still has it's fun secrets.

New Super Mario Bros: It's like the classic 2D Super Mario bros on steroids.

These games have occupied a good portion of my DS time. Personally, I find it amazing that we can encapsulate such amazing games into such a small device. I love the DS.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
All the games mentioned are great right now I am playing
Zelda: Phantom hourglass
Yu-gi-oh world championship 2008 (I Don,t play the card game in real life but the video game is fun if you like playing card games with out spending all the money for cards in real life)

Advance wars duel strike is a older game for DS but is great and a new Advance wars is coming out for DS at the end of the month

Elite beat agents is also a very fun game.

Just look some up on game websites or just buy some that look fun to you sometimes you will find really good games that people dont talk much about.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I agree with the other posters on getting the games stated above.

If you are into Crime/Mystery/Court preceedings:

Phoenix Wright - Trials and Tribulations

It's a real mind-bender!

I love the 'voice' interact with the DS!

This system puts the older version systems like GameBoy et al to shame.

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
castlevania: dawn of sorrow is an excellent ds game, as is portrait of ruin. you should also get mario kart,tetris, and pokemon all great ds games.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i think 50 for a 1gb is exaggerated. =) the roms range from 8-128mb. unless the majority of your roms are small, you should be getting 15-20 on a 1gb card. my personal favs are picross, zelda, new super mario bros., orcs & elves, CoD4 isn't bad (but most fps's on the DS contort your hand), worms 2, true swing golf (tiger woods (at least the first one) sucks on the DS), dynasty warriors, simcity (if you're into that sort of thing), Trauma Center...

just look these up to see if they sound like your type of game. i don't want to be responsible for purchases you're not happy with. =)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Elite Beat Agents.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
ah yes, i forgot about elite beat agents. =) that is a good one. Ontamarama is another game that's remotely similar and also fun.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
its a little underated but metroid prime pinball its not regular pinball some boss battles and fighting in it too

lost magic is a little unkwon game but worth it

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the recommendations! I got New SMB and Mario Kart, so I'll be set for this month probably. I'm really enjoying the DS too. Gotta love technology.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
i know a good game, that noone mentioned. its called bleach: the blade of fate, its a 2d fighting game with unlockable characters, also no matter what, even if you have low health and they have full health its still anyones fight.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Possibly a little too late with the suggestions but none the less I'll recommend a RPG-ish game called Lunar Knights and Hotel Dusk.

Lunar Knights is a decent little game that ,IMO, was overlooked somewhat even though it has some nice mechanics involving weapon/element switching and a cool story. It can be annoying at times (flying sections, i'm looking at you!) but definately worth a purchase if it's going cheap.

Hotel Dusk I only really had a chance to play for a short while but seemed like a cool idea. I've been told by friends that it's an excellent game but at times can be a little too heavy with dialogue so avoid it if you're looking to play traditional type games only.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
suduko it wll keep you entertained for hours

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I only own three DS games, which include: New Super Mario Bros, Hotel Dusk (sweet game) and Tetris.

Tetris is probably my favorite out of them all, mostly because Tetris is like crack to me.

I've heard Animal Crossing and Zelda are good, but I really don't know.

top topics

join