It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Society-Possible???....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
i just want to hear peoples opinions on how we as a human race/cilivization will be able to survive and/or resolve the situation today, because i am very concerned witht the way its looking. I mean, is it ever going to be possible to put our differences aside and form a global community of unity. With the wars we are constantly fighting now a days i dont think we as a race will survive too long. is it ever going to be possible to have a world of equality where absolutely everyone will be able to contribute to the human race and its progression. For example take space travel. If we want to explore our galaxy, solar system, universe and want to make colonies and wat not, how are we suppose to do that if we cant even figure out how to live in peace on our own planet. It makes me sick seeing wars being televised and jsut reading the paper and seeing blood shed and hatred. When and is it possible to achieve a state where everyone is part of the human race and not part of a certain religion, culture or country. Why cant we just get past this childish stage of the human race already and realize what the human race as a while on this planet can do.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Of course it is possible but don't ram it down people's throats or create calamity to make people run into it.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I would concur with NEO sentiments and add that it won't happen anytime soon, at least not while I'm alive.

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Of course it is possible but don't ram it down people's throats or create calamity to make people run into it.

I was also asking wat it would take??

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I am going with no. This site proves it. Unfortunate but true.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
No, because that would be getting very close to the definition of communism. And true communism can never be attained. There will always be racism and prejudice.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
As long as there's a shortage of resources it will create competition. And competition tends to eventually come out as arguments, fights, and wars. So, unless everyone has everything they want, there will still probably be fights and wars.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs
I was also asking wat it would take??

I think it would take an outside force, an alien threat, to unite our world into a one world government.

One of the U.S. Presidents said that at one time.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I think Society does seem childish, with countrys like the Us and thier stockpiles of Nuclear technology ( dont tell me thier is none ) Were on the verge of destroying ourselves with such visceral ( business educated ) leaders.

I believe that society will change for the better in my lifetime ( lets hope Seekerof is 90 ).

Deep

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
I think Society does seem childish, with countrys like the Us and thier stockpiles of Nuclear technology ( dont tell me thier is none ) Were on the verge of destroying ourselves with such visceral ( business educated ) leaders.

I believe that society will change for the better in my lifetime ( lets hope Seekerof is 90 ).

Deep

Deep,

excuse me man but what about Pakistan and India?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
My bad NEO.

Lets say the better part of the world! Seems to me that world leaders are more interested in finacial gains than anything.

Deep

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I think it would take an outside force, an alien threat, to unite our world into a one world government.

Lets hope they dont like the ones in your avatar.
I think it was Nixon...........

Deep

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
And I think human greed is a factor, as Deep said. Sure, you may get one guy who really wants to change the world, but his competitors and his subordinates will mess it up.

And I'm not strictly saying finacial gain for themselves, but for their own country.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
But I doubt it will happen, a unified world absent of racial or ethnic boundries would be a wonderful place.

But there is far to much averous and greed in human nature that it stands in our way to utopia.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   

But I doubt it will happen, a unified world absent of racial or ethnic boundries would be a wonderful place.

But there is far to much averous and greed in human nature that it stands in our way to utopia.

An optimist!

Briliant minds will find eachother and articulate the fate of our speices, its been done throughout our ages. Its a pity that they too have been corupted.

Deep

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
But I thought opposites attract, so shouldn't you be looking for a pescimist?

Sorry, I'm too hungry to make sense...........

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I have changed my opinion. I say yes, but only the Cassiopaeans can make it happen!

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
But man is failable, so therefore can never be made perfect, so therefore will never exist in a perfect society.

Regardless of what measure you use as a "perfect" society, man will never be able to achieve it.

Whether you believe in the bible or not, it makes no difference.

We (as mankind) fell from the grace of GOD since Adam and Eve and are doomed to be for ever shadowed by that failure.

This one statement made by GOD to Adam tells it exactly where we stand in regards to whether or not mankind is or ever will be "perfect"

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If you dont believe in God, greed is an evolutionary trait that helps insure one's own survival. Removing it would be like removing love, happieness, and anger.

PS. I do believe in God and I agree with robert

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This isdea is something that like you have been saying cannot happen because of the simple necessity to fight it is in our nature to be competitive so without those people to fight outside of our country i think that we would start to turn those feeling inward and end up destroying ourselves

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join