It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Mogul and the Roswell UFO incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
In 1994/5, the Air Force published a report suggesting that Mogul Flight #4, launched from Alamogordo, New Mexico on June 4, 1947, was what crashed near Roswell, New Mexico and formed the source of the debris which sparked the Roswell UFO incident. The report suggested that a combination of government secrecy about Mogul and personnel unfamiliar with Mogul equipment led to rumors of alien spacecraft.

makes sense to me.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blueyedevil666

ok,BED, maybe it makes sense to you; but let's consider; Maj. Jesse Marcel, intelligence officer for the 509th bomber squadron, the only nuclear bomb wing at the time, was one of the first on the scene; his story differed radically from the published report. perhaps you believe the report; i do not, too many people witnessed too many things. i am sure there are many threads chock full of available info on this. perhaps mr john lear will address this issue for you.

ok,can't get the links to post.

good hunting.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by the seeker_713g]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by blueyedevil666

There is evidence which certainly points to some sort of coverup. Yet I've always been skeptical of "alien crashes." For the same reason I'm skeptical of "alien gene harvesting." You imagine enough technology and you really have to consider that "aliens" are mistake free.. at least on some level.

What you might consider is downed experimental equipment used to detect Russian nuclear activities.. People have different claims and the military comes in and says "saucer." Suddenly everyone is crying about aliens and the military changes their story to further make the public believe there might be some otherworldly coverup.

I'm not saying Roswell isn't legit... just saying I've never liked it as a case study because of all the baggage with it.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ha nice start for a flame thread!
Basically your calling countless military & civilian witness's idiots, who can't tell a dummy from something else, let alone the crash wreckage?!!

Thats more unbelievable than it actually being true.

Shut her down...

[edit on 28-12-2007 by atsguy_106]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I recently interviewed Jesse Marcel, Jr. Nice man and about as honest and patriotic a man as can be found anywhere. His father was in Intelligence at the time and would have known very, very well what a Project Mogul balloon looked like, as well as any other type of object like it. His father says it wasn't any of those things. Also, there would have been a black box with any of those projects, but no black box was ever found. Major Marcel was also highly knowledgeable about science, electronics, etc.

Another thing in that 1994/95 report is just an absolute lie: When it says the "victims" were dummies that crashed, there were no such dummies in 1947 - they weren't created until the '50's.

That's proof enough for me not to believe the "official" story. Read Jesse Marcel Jr.'s new book, released last July. He explains and clears up alot of the myths that are part of the "official" story.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
well i gotta say...i read that around that time an official clearly stated that in order to keep order and secrecy the most effective way was to usher in alien hysteria...its a perfect cover....see how many people latched on to this fable and STILL hope for aliens?! To this day. Wouldnt it make more sense to have an agency work right out in the open on whatever they wish while the tax paying nation looks up for fantastic air ships?

ALLLLLLLL the taxes that get funneled into military projects (in a nation that isnt military driven in the mass media) countless trillions, doesnt go unoticed by anyone.....how does the military fund such projects? well tell the public there are aliens here and have them look the other way...its real elementary i dont see why it doesnt make sense to marginally intelligent monkeys(humans).

Its perfect.

the alien angle is imperfect in its system

[edit on 4-1-2008 by blueyedevil666]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by atsguy_106

Well, I won't be so harsh, but I agree. The people who were involved were in charge of protecting our nuclear facilities and were experts at IDing all manner of craft. That they could mistake a Mogul Balloon for an ET craft is laughable at best. Then there is the even more embarassing claim of the crash test dummies (which weren't even deployed for another 5 years or so) being mistaken for humanoid figures.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Roswell = dead issue. To continue to argue this case in the face of ignoring more modern cases with evidence we can actually follow up is insane. Roswell could have been anything, the years (YEARS) of silence before the sensationalism of it erupted on the Ufology scene and people came out of the woodwork with their claims (after years of silence, contrary to the ability of most humans to keep the secret of the century under their pillow, lol) clouds the whole case beyond repair.

Heck with Roswell. Trying to investigate this sham is past it's prime, with evidence that can't be followed and facts that can't even be agreed on by "people that were there"

What's really embarrassing about Roswell if the utter fools that made a career out of it...cough, cough.....Stanton...cough....

[edit on 4-1-2008 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

The traceable evidence and paper trails was long ago intentionally destroyed. "Artifacts" that remained were simply given a generic part number base non-descript NSN and are "lost" within millions of itemized parts.

They switched hands at least three times before ending up at places like Bell Labs, were "wild" and "fanciful" tall tales of origins and back engineering would later be "leaked" by crackpot writers, who unwittingly were in some cases actually telling the truth while being convinced themselves it was a fabrication all at the hands of the handlers who encouraged them to do the right ups in the first place.

This created the air of disbelief craftily aiding in the disinformation process that ultimately concealed the very truth in the open. All to be discounted as a wild tale of fiction.

Mankind hacked and slashed each other for thousands of years in history and yet in a blink of an eye we went from steam power to nuclear power from type setting machines to beaming command and control data to a robot on a distant planet. Hot air balloons to space crafts at the very edge of our solar galaxy. The perplexing jump in computational power and ability of humans in the last even 75 years everything else in the known history of man kind on this planet.

It is often the chance discovery that has lead to great leaps in innovation, but such a massive leap we have made in the last century alone is virtual beyond the statistical probability if we look at the time frame in "technology" evolution dating back to cro-magnum (spl?) first use of tools and weapons.

1938-1942 The dawn of the era of technology, when was the first TV signal broadcast ?

to 1945 and we have remote guided missiles, aircraft, High Power microwave radar, jet aircraft and nuclear bombs, the 50's brought explosive growth in electronic devices and micronization of mechanical devices and machinery.

A brief 10 years later we would be making our way to the moon.

But as of today 25 years ago I was riding my bike to the store or driving in moms car, watching TV and listening to the radio. And 25 years later I have a cell phone which is just a wireless radio (walking talkie basically) sure it can browse the internet and receive more robust data, but the principal is essentially the same.

What great leaps in last 25 years... as cultural changing as from the late 40's to mid 60's ???

The dramatic spike could have only rationally be caused by the discovery of a condensed form of "data" previously unknown to us at the time that could be extrapolated and reverse engineered with amazing results.

Unless of course the humans in the 30's and 40's were by leaps and bounds vastly more intelligent then humans today.

new topics

top topics

join