It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan says sunroof, not bomb or bullets, killed Bhutto

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth
[I was not questioning the explosion. Just wondering if the picture was actually of the vehicle she was riding in or not because of the apparant lack of blast damage to it.

There were supposedly 2 identicle vehicles at the scene of her speech that she had the option to get into.

Only wondering if this is a staged scene from the Pakistani government trying to use the "bumping her head" defense.

[edit on 29-12-2007 by webpirate]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Everyone stop and take a second to think:

Who actually gains from this? Even though no one knows for sure who was behind it, who is getting the lion's share of the blame? Who's interest is it in to see Pakistan in even more turmoil? Who didn't want to see Bhutto, a secular women, become elected? If I were interested in making Pakistan even more unstable, I would kill a popular politician, just after martial law was rescinded, and let the government take the blame for it, but hey, that's just me. Killing two birds with one stone so to speak, topple a government and kill off a secular women political power. Creates just the kind of vacuum some group would want, wouldn't it?

We need more information, but it is apparent that Musharraf's government is getting the brunt of the blame for this, even though Bhutto's camp didn't coordinate security with them and previous attempts had been made on her life. Makes it kinda hard to blame them for not providing enough security. Many people in Pakistan had axes to grind with Bhutto, sadly I am not shocked it ended like this. The Bhutto family made many enemies throughout their political lives.

The knee jerk response of some of the US political candidates is just horrible, react before you have any real information, that makes sense to me. Makes me feel real good about how they would act in office.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Here is a link from a Pakistan news network.

Listen at 2:24. I hear 3 gunshots before the explosion. Whether or not 1 or more of them hit Bhutto is unknown.

mms://wm.vitalstreamcdn.com/stream_geo_tv/ImportantEvents/benazirdied/bibiblastlastmoments.wmv

Here is video with an animation of the final moments.

mms://wm.vitalstreamcdn.com/stream_geo_tv/ImportantEvents/benazirdied/blastanimation.wmv

You will have to copy and paste the links.

Guz

After reviewing the first video more, you see the muzzle flash on the first shot between 2:24 - 2:25.

[edit on 29-12-2007 by Guzzeppi]

[edit on 29-12-2007 by Guzzeppi]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You can definately see at least 1 muzzle flash before the explosion.

I never believed the hit her head BS, but looking at this video, there is almost no time to even react. She might well have been blown into something by the blast, but she would never have had time to duck.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

I agree. It also looks like the gun and the assassins arms are pointing level to the SUV's door not upward, which is where her upper body was. All I know is, there were gunshots which are not being reported. Why?

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
My understanding is that the force of the explosion, when the guy blew himself up, pushed her head into a lever that controlled the sunroof, fracturing her skull. I forgot where I read this, probably Yahoo! or some other mainstream site, but yeah, they say she bumped her noggin and cracked open her skull...

I don't understand how you confuse a person being shot twice with a person fracturing their skull though? That seems rather odd... but I can't think of any reason to cover up the exact way in which she perished

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Not surprising, I could imagine when she was ducking down as she heard the gunshots and the explosion went off, force from behind into her head into the front of the hood.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zephyrs
My understanding is that the force of the explosion, when the guy blew himself up, pushed her head into a lever that controlled the sunroof, fracturing her skull. I forgot where I read this, probably Yahoo! or some other mainstream site, but yeah, they say she bumped her noggin and cracked open her skull...

I don't understand how you confuse a person being shot twice with a person fracturing their skull though? That seems rather odd... but I can't think of any reason to cover up the exact way in which she perished

Pavil (a few posts up) said it perfectly.

Take out someone who might create a decent government and in doing so create chaos and mayhem.
Then sit back and watch the country tear itself apart.

as for the Xray we have to take it with a grain of salt.
if we really believe bhutto DIDNT bang her head then you have to wonder about the xrays. Heck, they could be of anyone for all we know. It just looks like an xray with skull damage and no proof its an xray of bhutto.

putting out a fraudulent Xray would be piss easy and it confirms their ludicrous theory that she bumped her head.

even our MSM (Tv) was saying last night it stinks of a coverup.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Probably find the body will go missing/ destroyed/burned by 'terrorists' so no official autopsy will ever be done and we'll never find out for sure if she really was shot in the neck and chest.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
aah i was just looking through the photo's (xrays and such) and noticed a few things.

either my detective skills are improving, or someone needs to slap me with a wet fish for grasping at straws.

they say she ducked and the handle got her, but the blood seems to have splattered pretty far back on the roof?
big dribble right at the back, and *possible* spots leading up to it?

Bhutto's 19yr old son is already being named her successor (possible angle there?) although probably not a viable one.

[edit on 29/12/07 by Obliv_au]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Some of the latest pictures show she is back in the car before the explosion and somebody [Shery Rehman] with was with her who later helps in transferring her to another car re-affirming she was shot in the neck . And mentioning specifically the amount of blood exiting the neck and covering the seating/interior of the second car. Cannot link anything because it was shown on tv.
Also they are saying that no bullet was 'felt' within the wound hence the reason for saying no bullets in the wound and the interior minister saying what does it matter if it were a lever or a bullet, [emphasizing]we must catch the terrorists etc. Maybe a backtrack on it's way. Also shows much clearer pictures of the so called assassin, it shows 2 assassins.

Benazir Bhutto had been lately saying that certain quarters were engaged in crafting characters like Neik Muhammad, Abdullah Mehsud and Baitullah to hold them responsible for several subversive activities and then later kill them to claim achievements in war against terror.

[edit on 29-12-2007 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Who benifits from this? I have Musharraf as a number one suspect he has his cronies take out a potential problem becuase as PM Bhutto wolud never go along with the program,then we also have the Muslim extremists who wolud rather die then have a secular leader much less a woman.The Opium dealers looking to keep the focus on Pakistan rather then Afganistan.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
then we also have the Muslim extremists who wolud rather die then have a secular leader much less a woman.

To me, that is the most likely suspect. I''m not ruling out Musharaaf, but something tells me that he is not directly involved. Now, he may very well be covering or someone in his cabinet, I don't know.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I don't buy it. The freaking guy walked up to her and shot her point blank and t en blew his ass up. End o' story.

I second the motion

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

then we also have the Muslim extremists who wolud rather die then have a secular leader much less a woman.

To me, that is the most likely suspect. I''m not ruling out Musharaaf, but something tells me that he is not directly involved. Now, he may very well be covering or someone in his cabinet, I don't know.
Some low level peons thought they wolud impress the Mush and hit Bhutto with some help from the ISI they did the job and left the country in worse shape.I can see this as a possibiltiy.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Some low level peons thought they wolud impress the Mush and hit Bhutto with some help from the ISI they did the job and left the country in worse shape.I can see this as a possibiltiy.

This is possible. I do not think this de stabilization/ hostility to the government was the intention. I think the intention was that Al Qaeda would be blamed by the government and the people believe the governments version. They are used to the scenario that Al qaeda is blamed and everybody goes along with it hook line and sinker. They did not account for the Pakistani's not being so easily fooled as other nations people.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1

According to CNN, she had also told a journalist acquaintance that if she was killed, Musharraf had to be the one who'd done it.......(if he didn't have anything to do with it, looks like he'd be eager to have an outside group prove it!?)

I agree completely. Musharraf has bloody hands, yet again!

As for Al Qaeda claiming responsibility, I don't buy that one either.

I actually shed a tear when I learnt of this. Such a brave woman, a great loss. Hopefully something good will come from this...

I doubt it...

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This is interesting, the Pak govt is talking exhumation of Bhutto if her party requests it:

Link

The Interior Ministry of Pakistan on Saturday said that the government would exhume late premier Benazir Bhutto's body for inquiry if her Pakistan People's Party make a demand in this direction.

"If the PPP leadership says, her body can be exhumed," The News quoted Interior Ministry spokesman Brigadier Javed Cheema, as saying.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
the islamistic orientated military regime killed her father.
her brother.
herself.

the US gov will use this.

so this was an´accident´. ok.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by harddrive21
Well, you asked for Doc, so here I go - a blow to the head can kill you (obviously). If she were to hit her head at the base of the skull area with enough force, it is possible. Depending on the type of the explosive used, and the distance from her, there may have been enough force generated to throw her backward with enough force to do it.
The CNN comments led me to believe a piece of shrapnel entered at the side of her head.
With gunshot wounds, there aren't always exit wounds, depending on caliber of bullet, distance, etc.
The ER Physicians stated the XRay did not show any bullet fragments in her head. No Autopsy was done.
The Plot thickens...

If she was shot through the head and the assassin blew himself up then there is no need for an autopsy.

What is clearly happening is an attempt to create confusion and to distract the genuine anger from their current correct targets (Al Queda and Musharrif). Those two are not complicit with each other but both believe they had much to gain from her death. Al Queda: she was woman with western sympathies. Musharrif:she was the most prominent opposition leader. So Musharrif didn't assinate her nor have anything to do with organising it. But turning a blind eye, limiting security for a known threat.....hmmmmm.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join