It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote viewing "dreams"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Apologies if this is in the wrong place, "Dreams & Predictions" didn't seem like the right place either. I'm wondering if anyone has ever experienced this.
It usually occurs in the morning, after a good sleep. I would say it's a variation of REM, but what is unique about this occurrence is that I feel "awake". I feel my physical body in bed, the sheets and pillow. I feel that my eyes are closed, and that I could open them easily. Now the "remote viewing" part... I can see! But it's not my room I see, it's someone else's. Usually it's a cozy place with a mantle and fireplace. Not necessarily the same place each time, but maybe it is. I can scan the scene a little bit, but it usually fades, or I 'wake up' before being able to see too many details. I can sometimes concentrate on making the experience last, but usually that backfires, and the act of 'concentrating' itself wakes me up.
The real anomaly is probably that my body's systems are waking up in a different sequence than usual, and my consciousness and sense of touch wake up in the middle of REM sleep, while my eyes are still closed. That's not to say that I haven't 'accidentally' remotely viewed someone's den, but I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Sounds like a lucid dream to me. I have had many that are a lot like what you describe. The trick is learning how to stay in that dream longer so you can do a little looking around. Also, many people find that the best time to have a lucid dream is after you wake up. So, good luck.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Agreed, definitley sounds like a lucid dream. The best time to attempt them is in the morning after you wake up, or right after a short nap. The body reaches that critical point where you are on the verge of sleep and conciousness much more readily. Keep at it, there is a lot you can take from lucid dreams - as well, they are absolutley a blast.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I've had dreams where I realize I'm dreaming and try to take control, but they never last too long. Also, in those dreams I'm never conscious of my physical body in bed, or the feeling that my eyes are still comfortably shut. These sensations stand out in this experience as intensely unique, and very non-dreamlike.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well, there are different types of lucid dreams. Dream induced lucid dreams, the type where you realize your dreaming and take control, usually have a much different feel than the wake induced type, which is what your first post sounds like.

For me, wake induced feel much more realistic and usually end up being very similar to an OBE.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

Ok this may sound wierd but sometimes when I close my eyes at night to "go" to bed, I start seeing things. I am definately not asleep because when this happens it surprises me and I usually open my eyes back up. I never know where it is I am and almost always what I am seeing, runs as in a loop. It's like I move out of the frame and then it starts again. No matter how I try to follow I cannot. Once in a while I am just stationary in one place watching events unfold. Every thing is in great detail yet some how shaded as if watching through sunglasses.

top topics

join