It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Hunters..an idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I have noticed TAPs has visited a former insane asylum in Seattle area. On another occasion they went to a former Tuberculosis facility in/near Kentucky. There may have even been a couple other similar facilities on various episodes.

It seems to me instead of being inhabited by ghosts these facilities could be used for housing for the homeless or in event of H5N1 outbreak those patients. Yeah maybe current tenants might not appreciate it.. Current owners must have invested in these for a reason..

Anyone agree?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
sure. tax write-offs. don't have to invest anything, take a deduction
every year...... for everything there is a reason and usually it entails
money...........gotta love it!!!!!!!!not

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

I believe I saw that episode just last night. It is a good idea. However, many of those building will take thousands of dollars to repair and make it sanitary to live in (which the owners may not have the money for), and if they do go to the trouble of turning it into a home for the homeless or a place for illness victims some people won't want to stay there because of the paranormal activity.

I watched that episode with my mother, she got angry with me because I said that if I had millions of dollars at my disposal I would invest in paranormal studies. She was saying that no one wants to know that there's a door connecting our worlds. I see that as a basic human fear of the unknown. Which shows that not many are willing to stay in a heavily haunted area.

I noticed on that episode that the current owner of the asylum was getting tired of the ghost hunters wanting to go into the building. To me, it just seemed he was too lazy to get up and unlock the building for a night of research. Which is unfortunate, think of how many places in the U.S. are going uninvestigated because the owners are just to lazy to open the place up.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
i agree with shadow. either that or its the close minded hard headed morons that "dont belive" in ghosts.and will not even try. people like that...people that belive one thing and one thing only piss me off.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dylant93
i agree with shadow. either that or its the close minded hard headed morons that "dont belive" in ghosts.and will not even try. people like that...people that belive one thing and one thing only piss me off.

That or they are tired of teenagers breaking into their property to see some ghosts. I used to live close to Waverly Hills in KY and a lot of haunted spots in Alton IL. People breaking into private property was a constant problem. The folks who own Waverly were quite open minded and let a local paranormal team do regular investigations and a couple overnight tours a year (which I regrettably was never able to attend). The owners of one of the buildings in Alton were just trying to renovate a house so they could live in it, and kept being set back because people kept breaking in.

The owners of Waverly cited liability as a reason for not allowing more access. These days you can be sued for anything, and all anyone needs is for some teenager to sue them after he breaks in and falls through a hole in the floor that wasn't taped off.

As far as the purposes of owning these buildings, some of the draw is historic preservation. These asylums are large and some of them are quite impressive. As long as they own them nobody can tear them down and build a strip mall.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
I have noticed TAPs has visited a former insane asylum in Seattle area. On another occasion they went to a former Tuberculosis facility in/near Kentucky. There may have even been a couple other similar facilities on various episodes.

It seems to me instead of being inhabited by ghosts these facilities could be used for housing for the homeless or in event of H5N1 outbreak those patients. Yeah maybe current tenants might not appreciate it.. Current owners must have invested in these for a reason..

Anyone agree?

where about in seattle, Im right in downtown and dont know of an asylum there

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Murder, I'm fairly sure the hospital is Northern State Hospital. I'm not sure exactly where it's located.

I remember this episode; it was pretty eerie. TAPs picked up some scary EVP of a nurse that was supposedly singing, spooked me.

As to the original question, I don't agree that these buildings should be used for homeless housing. The hospital seemed pretty dilapidated; there must be other buildings in Seattle that wouldn't require the funding necessary to bring that building back up to standards.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Ghost Hunters International premieres tonight! Hope it kicks off with a bang. It will be interesting to see what they find over the series.

I'm never that trustworthy of these type of shows, but I always remain open to potential findings.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I also have to disagree with the OP. If the buildings are intended for use to house the homeless, they are subject to an entirely different level of building codes, that would cause a significant investment of capital to meet. This could cause an undo hardship on the individual or group owning the buildings, as well as open the door to liability if it isn't done correctly. In the case of housing projects like that, it is far easier to tear down the property and rebuild it from the ground up. In that case, you loose the historical aspect of the building.

I hate to say it, but it really is a no win situation. In addition, I don't think it is anyone's right to tell someone how they should use their privately owned property.

new topics

top topics

join