It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Bhutto's Death Leaves the U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Where Bhutto's Death Leaves the U.S.

www.time.com

The weeks to come will determine just how severe a blow Benazir Bhutto's death is to Pakistan, but debate over Washington's role in the run up to this tragic day will continue well beyond that. Even as the smoke still lingered in Rawalpindi, President Bush demanded that those responsible for Bhutto's death be caught and punished. "The United States strongly condemns this cowardly act by murderous extremists who are trying to undermine Pakistan's democracy," Bush told reporters in Crawford, Texas
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Click the link to read the complete article

www.time.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Easy for bush to say in his cozy ranch. i don't think he truly understands the severity of actions taken in times like this. he just lobs the infallible card up in the air and hopes for the best. as sad of a story it is, this pakistan tragedy is none of our business. you can't tell a group of people how to act if their beliefs are as strong as those of religious fundamentalists, short of genocide

truly dark times are ahead if things stay on course as they are

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I think Bush will try and be a hero once more. He will make a move that will upset everyone.

From the source, "President Bush demanded that those responsible for Bhutto's death be caught and punished"

Fair enough but sound familiar? Thats what Bush said when the tragic events of 9/11 happened. America invaded Iraq/Afganistan and look were that ended up. I just hope that, whatever decision he makes.................it will be for the best..

[edit on 28-12-2007 by JDN24]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Our government insisted that Bhutto come out of exile and go to that region. Once again, we have blood on our hands. If only we could stay out of all the world's business, and focus all our energy here, the world would be a lot safer for it.
This is spinning and snowballing out of control. Our government claims Al Qaeda did it. Well, i'm not so sure. In fact, i dont beleive it. This was an inside job (meaning someone in that region put a hit on her), however, president Bush will now INSIST it was Al Qaeda to suit HIS agenda.
We keep digging ourselves deeper and deeper in the middle east and all over the world by trying to run it.
I wish we could mind our own business. NOBODY HAS ASKED US TO GO IN AND GIVE THEM "DEMOCRACY" have they? No. We are pushing this so called "Democracy" we dont even have here anymore on the entire world. Its just sick.
Someone or something's gotta give.
This is just sick.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Reply to dgtempe,

In your post you mention that you think Al Qaeda wasnt responsible? And that you think it was an inside job.

I agree but i also heard that she was killed because she new the where abouts of Osama Bin Laden? or that Osama Bin Laden was alive? or that she knew who killed Osama Bin Laden?
Im not sure which one of these listings are true or in that case if any of them are true, just wanted to know if you have heard anything similar?

Anyway RIP Bhutto.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Examining the rise in gold futures for the past 4 trading days reveals that there was probable knowledge of the assassination prior to yesterday.

Tracking the gold commodity investors who invested prior to Bhutto's assassination will provide some definitive links into the people behind Bhutto's demise. Gold futures typically rise when the dollar is weak or weakening, or when there is geopolitical unrest. Gold futures have moved up nearly $30 an ounce since last Friday (ending at $831 an ounce at the end of yesterday's trading session, after the assassination).

Knowledge of the assassination plot prior to yesterday could well have been leaked to investors for guaranteed profits with gold trading. This assassination cannot be dismissed as some crazed Muslim extremist who acted alone.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JDN24

Is THAT what they're now saying? That she knows the whereabouts of Bin Ladin?
Oh my! Let me put it to you this way. If she knew (may she rest in peace) the whereabouts of Ladin, i am Cleopatra.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
maybe she was hit by the terrorist extremists, but it's my understanding that assassination is considered to be a good way to get rid of your political opponents in that area of the world. you cannot identify all the possibilities as "terrorists" since I think many of the people in pakistan seem to think that Musharraf may have had something to do with it.

where does that leave the US, outside of having another one of their plans blown up in their faces?

they were too quick to blame the terrorists in my opinion. are they gonna be just as quick if something similar happens here? are we entering a time where politicians, corporations, and powerful people will be able to arrange for their competitors to be hit, assets blown up, ect... without the fear of any legal retailiation simply because it's in the powers that be's interest for us to all be hiding from those horrible terrorists? could state governments have all out wars, without the public's knowledge, the whole time, the destruction being blamed on those elusive terrorists?

Bhutto was a lovely, very intelligent women, it's a shame we have lost her. I wish they could investigate this crime without the preconcieved ideas that I think are there just to promote an old agenda...

coast to coast have an interesting star chart concerning this...

www.coasttocoastam.com...

[edit on 28-12-2007 by dawnstar]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
i think it leaves the us with egg on its face, it's chief ally in the middle east is a military dictator who first imposed a state of emergency and then (probably) murdered his main political opposition in the face of civil unrest, try preaching democracy with that hanging over you.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Bhutto had been involved in financial kickbacks and money laundering. After her death, the Swiss case that she was charged with (and contested) was officially closed. There is more to Bhutto than the lovely camera image you have been fed. LOL

are we entering a time where politicians, corporations, and powerful people will be able to arrange for their competitors to be hit, assets blown up, ect... without the fear of any legal retailiation simply because it's in the powers that be's interest for us to all be hiding from those horrible terrorists?

Well, uh, where've you been?

You might want to read over this excellent ATS thread:
Explosion heard at Bhutto rally

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Zoltan

I agree I have been looking into her past and she does have a lot to answer for, all that money came from somewhere millions of it, some links to Dubai also.

Perhaps somebody wanted to keep her quiet. for ever.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

More than a 'somebody', Marg. This wasn't just planned, this was known. There was money made in the speculative markets in oil and gold this week. LOTS of money. Blood money.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
As stated by Sacreligion, its none of our business...

If we get caught up in this mess, We will be responsible for the blow back that comes from it.

From all sides...

Just like 9/11 those who were actually responsible for the act in question died committing the act in question....

Yet even so, Bush wants to go find his whale, even though its dead...

You can't fight terrorism its an act not an army,

You can however stop it by eliminating its cause.

The cause isn't hard to find, as the ones committing these acts always have a long history which makes it very clear as to what inspired the act...

[edit on 28-12-2007 by C0le]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Enceladus

democracy might work for "normal english anglo saxons" but even they have had their past rebellions against authority in britain and the usa.why we should expect the rest of the world to rush into and warmly embrace our ideas of freedom is beyond my comprehension.considering how crazy some of the muslim extremists act in pakistan and elsewhere i dont see how we could expect our "democracy?" to work for pakistan .i think musharrraf is the man for the job to keep the lid on the crazies in his own country--i doubt bush or brown could cope with the same situation if the citizens were acting that way in the usa or england---we should mind our own buisness and let musharraf sort out his problems and we should worry about our own problems---same with israel---the western leaders should get off the backs of the israelis and let G-D look after His own peculiar people--unless those that insist on being cursed by G-D for meddling with them enjoy the pain?cursed be those who curse you and blessed be those who bless you=israel (genesis27:29)

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sacreligion

Honestly, with the current situation that the world is in right now, I think Bush is in way over his head. Of course, I can't think of many people who wouldn't be. They couldn't damn well pay me enough to be the president right now.

new topics

top topics

join