It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

familiars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
my brother and i would like to know more about familiars. what type of creatures can become familiars and how to train them

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This site shuld have everything you want to know and says what animals can be used. Because familiars have mostly been noted with witchcraft this site says what they are, some history and how to make your own familar.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Nice article, thanks. As a practicing Witch for many years, I have had a number of familiars. The one thing the article didn't make clear is that ANY animal can be a familiar. I've had numerous animal companions for many years, but only a few of them have been familiars. Just like humans, some animals are more psychic and perceptive than others, and thus, make better familiars.
Currently, I have one familiar and he is a horse. Whenever he hears someone coming down our very long driveway, he whinnies to alert me. When I'm feeling down, he is great at comforting me, rubbing his forehead and nose up and down my arm or face. But it is more than that, it is a very special connection. We are very, very close and have a strong psychic connection.
How did my familiar come to me? I believe that familiars come to us. They know who are they supposed to be with and they find us somehow. My horse was walking down the street with his then person riding him. He is a Tennessee Walker, with a beautiful natural gait. He looked so proud and beautiful as he was cantering down the road. I was a distance away in the car, and absolutely exhausted after having moved cross-country. But something grabbed my attention, I opened my eyes, and there was the most beautiful horse I'd ever seen. I went up to the horse and his rider, and I knew there was just something very special about this horse. Astonishingly, the man offered to sell me the horse, even though he never planned to before I met him. Eventually, I bought the horse and that was 2.5 years ago - we've been happy togetehr ever since. He is a brilliant and a psychic horse and knows intuitively what I want him to do.
Hope this gives some idea of what a familiar is.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
As stated any animal can be your familiar, my Pagan fiance has our dog as hers.

And I must say that though I don't subscribe to the same beliefs, I am certain that these animals have much influence on the world as we know and view it.

Peace

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well I'm not a witch or a pagan, but I am very spiritual. When younger I tried different methods of finding a familiar (spirit guide, animal totem, ect.). I was unsuccessful. But I did not go with out one forever.
Please keep in mind that you don't have to own the animal for it to be your familiar. I learned this one night when I closed my eyes and found that I was looking into the eyes of an animal. As a spirit, my familiar has been with me ever since.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
thanks for the info. that answers most of my brothers questions. my other question is if a spirit or humaniod thoughtform could be a familiar

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yes, a spirit can be a familiar. My first familiar died 10 years ago, but she is still my familiar. She helps me when I do my healings on someone, just like she did when she as alive and she's very protective of me, just like when she lived. She has even saved my house from burning down and that was several years after she had been dead.

I don't know about a thoughtform, though, never have heard of that being a familiar. I don't think that is possible. I think it needs to be a spiritual entity. One communicates with familiars by verbal talking, but also mostly thru telepathy. Just picture in your mind what you want your familiar to see and they will see it. Then you need to be receptive to his/her responses.

new topics

top topics

join