It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not just invade Area 51

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rwdavis

Yeah, why not? No big deal. Just a small invasion, nothing major. I'll start the car.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Uberaris

Well, I have thought about a lot of what you wrote and I understand. What it comes down to is the truth and if anyone is really up to getting it. For one it would be smart to alert the news media about what is going on before it were to take place. This way you have a live feed and the public will be right there to witness everything. Also if you had enough people to do it in the first place say around 2 to 3000 and also had them armed with nothing but cameras it will show many points of view that will be hard to dispute. What it really comes down to is if and I say IF we are not alone in the vastness of space and we have been visited then why would the government be so determined to keep it from the rest of us. The two biggest reasons I can come up with (and these are just my views) are: 1-The whole structure of mankind would be changed. When I say this I mean when it comes to religion of any kind and the way people would handle having their faiths tested. What do you think would happen if everything you have been taught and have believed was suddenly tossed out the window. You learn that now you are not alone and that maybe God was something just made up to keep a certain order in the world. People could start to lose control and riots would be a certainty. Humanity would fall apart and the religions around the world would fall apart. All order could be lost and anarchy would ensue. Whole countries and governments including our own could fall and a once semi stable world could be lost. It could take many years to restore some sort of order and a democratic government would be hard to trust ever again. My second point is if there are things our government has gained from another world then it keeps us on top of the worlds food chain. We stay dominate in our technology and can keep the upper hand against others that would harm the United States. I fully understand the thinking of keeping some things such as new weapons and aircraft secret from the rest of the world but as it is the government has begun to disclose new developments as a way letting others know they don't stand a chance. The way I have to think about it though is this. People today are so oblivious to things around them it would not make that much of a difference if aliens were here or not. This is not like the 1950's where people were scared by new things or by their government. Todays culture is filled with leaps and bounds of technology as well as an except new things way of thinking that people in my view could handle it if it were said we are not alone in the universe. So why not know for sure either one way or another and why not tell the truth. I for one would want to know.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Okay so you get about 1/2 a million people to the gates. One shot gets fired into the air and you'll lose about 1/4 of those people, non lethal weapons get used and you'll lose another 1/4, than theres not so many people left standing so more will run. The rest will either get scared and run or be shot.........

You can't invade it.

But bombing a base that doesn't 'exist' would be interesting.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by umbr45]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by umbr45

If you bomb a base that is not there then you destroy any chance of finding anything. Besides a march on Area 51 is just a thought, it could only work if people were really up to taking the chance of getting shot. You see governments in other countries dealing with uprisings of different sorts on almost a daily basis and for things as simple as differences in opinion. IF we as a country are so tired of a government who lies and deceives on a daily basis because of greed then why don't we do something about it. To me it will take an action such as a peaceful unarmed interaction with the chance of injury or even death to get things started. Any other way will be stone walled or not taken seriously because those that are in power will always see the people they rule (yes I said rule) as weak. What people don't understand is that we are the one's with the actual power, getting together and using it on the other hand is the toughest part. If it were a true democracy then the people elected would actually listen to the people as a whole and not to just the powerful and privileged. We as a country have a real problem and it's only going to get worse as long as we are ready to just lay down. So why not stand up and and demand truth.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Yup. Let us know how that works out.

Or better yet, why not just use astral projection or remote viewing techniques.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rwdavis

Yeh, if you get people to actually do it who wont run, then you have something, I just think it will be hard to get people unafraid to be shot at.

The next step after gettin in though is that anything truly secret would be hidden away, but I suppose if your in there you've got a while to spend.

It's a plausible theory; just terribly unlikely.

Although if you actually managed to get in there I bet you'd get a tonne more people turning up who wern't up to the first part or didn't think it would work.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwdavis
Why not just do a million man march of sorts at Area 51? It would be public relations nightmare for the government to shoot a bunch of unarmed people who just want to know the truth about if we alone in the universe or not. To me its about time that the government tells the truth about anything known or unknown and to let the people decide. After all we pay for everything.

I say do it! I think it would have to be a "secret" march though, so the govt. employees wouldn't have a counter-measure. The only problem is, how do you get a million people to keep a secret. You probably cant. Area 51 employees would probably move every sensitive item out of the area before we got there, and simply let us walk thru an empty facility.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by AGENT51]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I got it! How 'bout a 3 battalions of kevlar'd up telle tubbies. They'd run about hither and tither under the pretense of searching for bunnies, then storm the place with hidden mac 11's on their person. Pipe dreams. Poof, there goes the smoke curling away.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
I got it! How 'bout a 3 battalions of kevlar'd up telle tubbies. They'd run about hither and tither under the pretense of searching for bunnies, then storm the place with hidden mac 11's on their person. Pipe dreams. Poof, there goes the smoke curling away.

Well, if you were an AREA 51 guard would YOU shoot at a Teletubby?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
i think if 5000 people walked upto area 51

by the time they got there as someone said before

they would have cleared out everything thats secret by the time anyone gets there

so the only way to do it right is to make sure no large trucks leave the place with in 48 hours before u do the march thing.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by Dark_Ace]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
If you tried to stop trucks youd need a large amount of people for each one which all removes from your main gate march lowering morale.

Plus what about any tunnels out of the base or air transport, how would you go about stopping that.

(No I'm not trying to have a go at everyone in this thread although I doubt it'll work; but by pointing out things that are wrong people come up with a new plan)

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by umbr45

It would only take.....maybe.....one hundred people max....to stop a truck...provided they have blockades....road stops and such......then everyone else can go to the gates and such.....as long as you made it clear that no trucks could escape out from the highways coming from Area 51...

Although.....they might have transport helicopters.....which means you're going to have to somehow stop the aircraft as well.....

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I have an idea!

Why dont we just pack ourselves into some aircraft and skydive into Area 51?

Once we land, we can just run around like a bunch of maniacs....

Were bound to find something if we do it that way, i just hope they dont have any Ground To Air weapons
. If they do, skydiving might not be the way to go...

Or we could try the "Great Escape" way. We could start digging some tunnels, in a few months we might make contact with a Underground Base?
But who knows right? We are talking hypothetically arnt we?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
probably if a big group of people would go there , i bet the US soldiers would be happy to test their new Crowd control systems on you , no one would get near there
question: in area 51 do they use US soldiers or pmc´s?

[edit on 5-1-2008 by dracodie]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Hmmm I suppose theoretically you could stop planes by using force to land helicopters on the runway (assuming they wont shoot because of the mass of people outside ready to charge) and for helicopters youd just have to rush the helipads. (not that it would be easy)

You'd also need lots of 4x4's because they may try to just go cross country to remove stuff thinking that because you're only watching roads they can escape.

The reason I say you'd need a lot of people to stop trucks is that 100 people isn't alot when you think of riots so you'd either need more people or you'd need to set up some sort of communication so that if they were attacked or communication was blocked the people at the front gates would charge and start a violent proetest instead of just using numbers.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by umbr45

I don't very often just outright dismiss a concept, but this whole getting in to area 51 is suicide, or stupidity or both. it's not ever going to work.

the quote:

"yeah... you and whose army?"

should explain why.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rat256
reply to post by umbr45

I don't very often just outright dismiss a concept, but this whole getting in to area 51 is suicide, or stupidity or both. it's not ever going to work.

the quote:

"yeah... you and whose army?"

should explain why.

i think everyone here agrees on that. did you miss the hypothetical nature of the last 5 threads on invading area 51 or was that just me?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
What you need is people who want to invade a government base, and don't mind being shot at. I think we need some terrorists with video cameras. It's a win win win for everyone. Terrorists get to attack a U.S. base, we get some video footage, U.S. gets to kill some terrorists... everyone wins!!!

[edit on 7-1-2008 by b309302]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Why not "invade" the White House, the Capitol Building, The Pentagon, or better yet CIA Headquarters in Langley, Virginia?? Come on people !!! Seriously. ANY government or military installation would gladly respond to such an incursion with warranted force, perhaps deadly. I'm sure since 911, the military's official response to an invasion of Area 51 and the use of that force would be answered as, and considerd as an act of terrorism.

Just ain't gonna happen. Nuff' said.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rat256

I don't think there is any chance of getting in, I said that in my second post, I am simply pointing out reasons why it wouldn't work, but as I do that i come uyp with solutions and so post them to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join