It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

smallpox comercials foreshadowing things to be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
so i was watching tv today and i saw a few comercials about the gov't doing more research into smallpox vaccines. they said that those who participate will be vaccinated with the final result, or something simlar to that.

why the sudden interest in this? i thought there was enough vaccine in the nation already for everyone... or that at least enough could be manufactured within a few days. have there been any rumors of a smallpox attack? or a genetically modified smallpox attack?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Haven't heard anything about that, cmdrkeenkid.
Haven't seen the commercials, either. Maybe they're looking for test subjects.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
didn't see the commercials either or hear anything new about smallpox in the news. I hope my vaccine from 20 odd years ago will still offer some protection if an outbreak does happen, because I would be more fearful to accept a new one from the government.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
yeah, i think they may have just started today. i've only seen them twice so far between 5:30 and now, 6:45 (Eastern Standard Time). i don't watch tv that often, i just have it on now for noise, but those comercials caught my attention. i think they might have just started running them today.

yeah, i wouldn't want to accept a newer one either. i've never had one though, so if something does happen i'd be screwed... maybe they have a planned outbreak, then the NWO takes over during the mayhem for a vaccine, then the vaccine breaks us into their thoughts and ideals... and so they want this new research to get better demographics on what sort of additives to the vaccine would be most effective.

[Edited on 2/9/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I don't think your vaccination from 20 years ago will offer much protection, WW. I, too, would be fearful of accepting one these days.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Yeah smallpox is one to watch. A powerful and well known disease but one that can have many variants.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
yeah i doubt my old vaccine would be any good, plus I'm sure it would be a different strain.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
yeah, but i thought that there was a like a generic smallpox vaccine? or is there a different vaccine for different strains? that would make more sense, but i really don't know.

also, i'm in detroit michigan. maybe these comercials are just around here, but i'm kind of wondering if they're national. if you hear or see one lemme know just for my curiousity please

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Last I heard...smallpox has been eradicated from the world

"Smallpox is a viral infection that was eliminated from the world in 1978. It is caused by the variola virus. The incubation period is about 12-14 days (range: 7 to 17 days) following exposure. Initial symptoms include high fever, fatigue, head and back aches, and sometimes vomiting. "

www.bt.cdc.gov...

This does not mean that some fool out there doesn't have a live smallpox viri and wants to play with it, but as far as I can find there have been no outbreaks of smallpox
The results that do comeback, are from older cases. OR preparations of a "possible" outbreak created by a biological attack

www.google.com...

www.bt.cdc.gov...

top topics

join